• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

mreddie

Good that Silk's still going. Spider-Gwen's cool too.
How is Moon Knight sticking around though. Daredevil too. Oh, and Spider Woman too.

Looks like the street level people (besides Punisher) are all making it out.

Punisher is likely gonna get a new book. He always does.

PsychBat!

Banned
I think 'trying not to kill his comics writing career just as it's moving up' should probably be listed along with 'got called out' on the Reasons He's Apologizing Now list.
He addresses it, which I think is cool. He owns up to it. But she needs more than his apology.

Wait, so every Marvel book is ending?
Just that stuff like Silk and Ms. Marvel get a bit more time to finish their arcs?
Silk ain't ending.

mreddie

So pretty much all the Marvel books I read (mostly X-Men) are ending. You're killing me, Marvel.

life.gif

AKA Relaunch with 1.1 issues.

I don't think my heart can take this, guys. Silk and Spider-Gwen both have two issues out, now.
I think Silk might be the better book. :O
The art is just, perfect. She's likeable, she's written with just enough humor..... <3

Also, I looked at the art in All-New X-Men today and thought it was Jae Lee. It was actually Sorrentino. Huh.

Sou Da

I don't think my heart can take this, guys. Silk and Spider-Gwen both have two issues out, now.
I think Silk might be the better book. :O
The art is just, perfect. She's likeable, she's written with just enough humor..... <3

Also, I looked at the art in All-New X-Men today and thought it was Jae Lee. It was actually Sorrentino. Huh.

lol_idi_amin.gif

Messi

Loving Silk and find it much more enjoyable than Gwen. Really surprised by this book. The art is just delightful. Both are terrible compared to Squirrel Girl obvs but that was to be expected.

Sou Da

Loving Silk and find it much more enjoyable than Gwen. Really surprised by this book. The art is just delightful. Both are terrible compared to Squirrel Girl obvs but that was to be expected.

I'm pretty sure both of those books have an edge on Squirrel Girl through art alone.

Vyer

He addresses it, which I think is cool. He owns up to it. But she needs more than his apology.
g.

yeah. overall I hope and believe that people can change, and hope it's the case here. But bullying someone like that is kind of hard for me to really understand on a base level. And my cynical side finds sudden change of heart hard to buy from someone who enjoyed doing it for years and now has so much to lose from the repercussions.

But still, genuinely hope that there has been progress made here and somehow everyone involved can find a way to recover from it.

Also, I considered it yesterday but thought better of it....but I'm a little surprised this hasn't popped up on OT yet.

I think it is at this point that you examine what the point of punishment is, and whether it should have retribution or rehabilitation as its focus. On the one hand, Valerie's pain is still very present, and on the basis of her feelings one is easily moved to feel that Sims should be brought to account for how she feels now. On the other hand, if one believes at all in the principle that people can change, and if Sims is at all sincere in stating that he feels he has changed, then what would the point of punishment be apart from solely securing that an appropriate punishment has been delivered? (I guess you could argue that the punishment might be a form of deterrence to others, but then you get into issues of utilitarianism.)

Eh, I felt that that part of the ComicsAlliance post was off. It seemed like it was framing Valerie's tweets as part of that campaign to "expose" Sims.
true, it's just weird for... nothing to happen. i kinda felt the same w/ the Wood stuff after that happened. i guess there's not much you can do at this point

re: your second point, i think it def could've been framed better, though i don't think they were actively trying to lump in her tweets with it. it comes off as a deflection, even if it's just trying to provide context

i don't think there's a whole lot more i can say about this, but man it's a bummer

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can I jump into this edge of spiderverse stuff blind, or do I need to read Amazing Spiderman first (since the post-superior stuff I would assume)?

PsychBat!

Banned

Squirrel Girl just continues to kick ass.

Silk is better than Spider-Gwen though. Brb changing my avatar.

Messi

I have to agree. I don't know what it is, but there's something about USG that just isn't clicking with me.

I love it. I love the amount of energy the art has. I love the faces the most though. I love all the stupid faces Doreen makes. Erica Henderson is perfect for that book IMO.

ReAxion

can I jump into this edge of spiderverse stuff blind, or do I need to read Amazing Spiderman first (since the post-superior stuff I would assume)?

The post Superior stuff isn't really anything. I was about to drop ASM but Spider-verse kept me going.

^Oh wow that's sick. Her art is great.
Yeah Squirrel Girl is great. It's so goofy but I think it's hilarious. Some of the stuff in today's issue was great.
"That's impossible. Punch harder!"
Lord god why.

I thought Silk sounded like a dumb concept at first, but her comic is good. It surprised me.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Moon Knight 13

Hm. I like how this is starting. Getting back to Moon Knight's more supernatural roots is a refreshing change after the last arc. Ron Ackins' art is really good, too. Still miss Shalvey, of course, but at least we still get his amazing covers.

Good issue, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this arc goes.

Top Bottom