• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

We already know about All-New, All-Different Avengers yet Avengers is listed a book that is ending.

Oh right, I totally forgot about the Free Comic Book Day. All-New will probably be the new flagship book.

So we'll probably get the usual suspects: two main Avengers books, two main X-Books, Cap, Thor, Iron Man, some X-Force variant, Guardians of the Galaxy, Deadpool, some version of Wolverine. The newer outreach titles... Spider-Miles, Spider-Woman, Spider-Gwen, Silk, Ms. Marvel, Captain Marvel, Nova will probably return in some form.

I'm pretty sure that book ended up being A-Forces since it was dated for May 2015.

Nope, A-Force is a seperate book. All-New All-Different is the second Marvel FCBD book, the other one being Secret Wars #0 (which also has Attack on Titan vs. Avengers).

I see you

Bs13aIsCIAArMiv.png

We already know about All-New, All-Different Avengers yet Avengers is listed a book that is ending.

So Uncanny Avengers still lives?

I have a gut feeling these two are connected somehow. Maybe, just random guessing on my part.

Zombine

Banned
So basically Sims is a villain turned hero? Or is he a villain disguised as a good guy waiting to take his revenge? I'm really confused but I'm waiting with anticipation for the next issue.

Sandfox

Nope, A-Force is a seperate book. All-New All-Different is the second Marvel FCBD book, the other one being Secret Wars #0 (which also has Attack on Titan vs. Avengers).

I have a gut feeling these two are connected somehow. Maybe, just random guessing on my part.

I forgot all about the FCBD stuff lol.

Squire

Banned
The following is an unedited panel from Loki: Agent of Asgard #12, a serious comic about the existential horror of a character existing in a fictional universe and being forced to live according to its rules against his will:
tumblr_nleve3XD441srsdlyo1_500.png

Phenomenal.

Absolutely phenomenal.

So basically Sims is a villain turned hero? Or is he a villain disguised as a good guy waiting to take his revenge? I'm really confused but I'm waiting with anticipation for the next issue.

He started out as the pizza delivery guy that smashed the pizzas together, but he said "my bad, bro" and came back with a new pizza half-an-hour later, but some people were mad because they had to get Chinese food instead. Also, some American sports happened.

All this and more every week on Shards-In-Charge, definitely not coming to CBR every week!

He's like Sterling. Questionable views and actions in the past, but he got better.

That said, I'm sad his apology only came once the stuff came back out.

So the Thor book will end before you find out who the new Lady Thor is.

The ultimate troll.

Well played, Marvel.

Nope, we're getting that in May:
THOR #8
JASON AARON (w) • RUSSELL DAUTERMAN (a/C)
NYC VARIANT COVER BY TBA
• The final battle with the Destroyer!
• Guest stars galore!
• A shocking return!
• And oh yeah...Thor’s secret identity revealed at last!!!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Zombine

Banned
He's like Sterling. Questionable views and actions in the past, but he got better.

That said, I'm sad his apology only came once the stuff came back out.

He started out as the pizza delivery guy that smashed the pizzas together, but he said "my bad, bro" and came back with a new pizza half-an-hour later, but some people were mad because they had to get Chinese food instead. Also, some American sports happened.

All this and more every week on Shards-In-Charge, definitely not coming to CBR every week!

Both of you make perfect sense. Thank you. My (now ex) sister company confused me.

I never liked him. He always seemed like a snarky asshole towards people he didn't like.

Vyer

I think 'trying not to kill his comics writing career just as it's moving up' should probably be listed along with 'got called out' on the Reasons He's Apologizing Now list.

Um.... So I just got home and looked through my stack from the LCS. Why are there two Batgirl's in there?

Also, I grabbed Chrononauts on Cheska's recommendation. If I don't like it, she has to Paypal me $3.50.

Renew your vows cover is dorbz

10986087_347755158747054_550693908_n.jpg

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! CUTIE ATTACK!

tim1138

Um.... So I just got home and looked through my stack from the LCS. Why are there two Batgirl's in there?

Also, I grabbed Chrononauts on Cheska's recommendation. If I don't like it, she has to Paypal me $3.50.

Chrononauts was $3.50 in print? It's only 2.99 digitally.

Messi

Batgirl has two issues today. One regular and one endgame tie in.

Batman Eternal #50 then:

Is this series still ending with #52?
Because if it is why are they still doing big bad reveal fakeouts two issues from the end? Leaving aside the fact that Cluemaster of all people isn't competent enough to pull off a scheme of this size, we saw in #3 that he's subservient to someone else.

Is the book going to end with Batman foiling Cluemaster and thinking he was behind everything only for the epilogue to feature a last panel Lincoln March reveal?

Sandfox

Wait, so every Marvel book is ending?
Just that stuff like Silk and Ms. Marvel get a bit more time to finish their arcs?

Everything on the list and books with the Last Days branding during Secret Wars are ending though certain books like Ms. Marvel will probably be back. Marvel's new books like Silk aren't ending.

Went and payed off my Bloodborne preorder, got comics, had lunch and looked at 5 houses today. I feel like I'm stuck to my couch and can't use my brain. My stack of comics sits next to me but I can't even pick one up.

Busaiku

Good that Silk's still going. Spider-Gwen's cool too.
How is Moon Knight sticking around though. Daredevil too. Oh, and Spider Woman too.

Looks like the street level people (besides Punisher) are all making it out.

Good that Silk's still going. Spider-Gwen's cool too.
How is Moon Knight sticking around though. Daredevil too. Oh, and Spider Woman too.

Looks like the street level people (besides Punisher) are all making it out.

Most of the series that are sticking around just got new writers or just launched.

Daredevil is the exception, but I think they want to let Waid finish his thing naturally.

Oh fuck. I really didnt expected them to clean the plate completly. Oh fuck fuck fuck, I hopes for a fake and marketing stunt when they announed all of this now everything is fucking gone. Oh man, :(

At least it seem that Miles dont take over. But oh boy :( RIP my precious 616 :(

I am in panic mode now.

I warned you all

WELL NOW.

RA: I think, despite one’s position regarding the cover, either prioritizing feminism or freedom of expression, it is important to learn to listen. Empathize with those who have a different opinion from yours. Put yourself in the place of other and consider what is being said. Discussion on the Internet tends to turn into childish tantrums, on one side or the other. That’s what makes people lose interest in things. I think criticism is always welcome. But respect for those who do, for those who publish and for those who disagrees is what validates criticism. Freedom of expression cannot be limited only to what you like or want. Freedom must come with responsibility.

Man, what a great dude.

gerg

It's disorientating to read Valerie's Twitter comments after Chris Sims' apology. It works to emphasise how this is something still very real and immediate for Valerie, but distant and abstract for Sims.

I agree that people can change, and I believe he has but how do you even deal with it? Like, there should be some consequences, yea? But I don't know how far that should even go. Idk. it's hard to gauge

I think it is at this point that you examine what the point of punishment is, and whether it should have retribution or rehabilitation as its focus. On the one hand, Valerie's pain is still very present, and on the basis of her feelings one is easily moved to feel that Sims should be brought to account for how she feels now. On the other hand, if one believes at all in the principle that people can change, and if Sims is at all sincere in stating that he feels he has changed, then what would the point of punishment be apart from solely securing that an appropriate punishment has been delivered? (I guess you could argue that the punishment might be a form of deterrence to others, but then you get into issues of utilitarianism.)

Did not know about the campaign threatening to "expose" him though, sounds like some 4chan shit

Eh, I felt that that part of the ComicsAlliance post was off. It seemed like it was framing Valerie's tweets as part of that campaign to "expose" Sims.

Top Bottom