• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2015. Warning: can be hazardous to your financial health.

PsychBat!

Banned
Silk is the real Harley Quinn.

3821966-5738039092-Denze.gif

I swear Anna Maria is the best female character in Spider-Man. Highly underrated. The love between her and Ock was just beautifully heartbreaking.
Also, I considered it yesterday but thought better of it....but I'm a little surprised this hasn't popped up on OT yet.
Well Chris isn't exactly that big enough for people to know who he is. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
iZombie was cute, makes me want to check the comic

The Flash is fucking amazing and by far the best comic book show ever

hey its comics related alright!

Messi

I swear Anna Maria is the best female character in Spider-Man. Highly underrated. The love between her and Ock was just beautifully heartbreaking.

Well Chris isn't exactly that big enough for people to know who he is. :p

Absolutely agree.
my heart broke for her at the end

Supergirl was pretty good today, solid conclusion to this arc. Wasn't expecting that scene with
Maxima

I am so ready for Lupacchino on Starfire though. I need that in my life. I will say that I will probably pick up more Supergirl if it gets relaunched with the same writer. Solid book.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Wish there was a Time Runs Out book this week. I need to know what happens next.

Looks like CBRs Twitter account is doing a my first comic deal. I can't remember mine. First I remember reading? Probably my brothers TMNT #1 (talking OG b&w magazine sized turtles)

First I bought? I remember buying a legend of the dark knight issue where batman fights a winged vampire. And amazing Spidey issues where he teamed up with black cat to fight a spider slayer...I think.

First started collecting? I think it was either spawn #1 or the first issue of the knightfall batman story.

But a nice healing Twitter effort #myfirstcomic

Sandman Mystery Theatre Starman #21-23 That was a great arc.
Dodds having to save both father and son was hilarious. The art was especially stellar. Must be the gas mask. I want to own one.

Starman Annual #1: Prince Gavyn's Story ;(

tim1138

What is this madness, other people talking about Manhattan Projects?! What a wonderful thread this has become.

I really need to figure out how to advance my career to become a Justice Librarian.

Just with better results than what happened to the crew this issue

Vyer

Watching people speculate on the general worthwhileness of someone you invited to your wedding is very surreal.

I recommend it to everyone.

you invited Gambit to your wedding?

Looks like CBRs Twitter account is doing a my first comic deal. I can't remember mine. First I remember reading? Probably my brothers TMNT #1 (talking OG b&w magazine sized turtles)

First I bought? I remember buying a legend of the dark knight issue where batman fights a winged vampire. And amazing Spidey issues where he teamed up with black cat to fight a spider slayer...I think.

First started collecting? I think it was either spawn #1 or the first issue of the knightfall batman story.

This is the first one I remember for some reason:

There might have been something before, but this is what my mind flashes to first. Bought it in an Eckerd's drugstore off a wire rack by the counter.

Lot of shit happening around that time; Invasion, crazy Gangbuster Supes, Exile into space leading to Warworld, Mongul and The Eradicator. I was pretty much hooked from the beginning.

The first comic I ever read was Amazing Fantasy #15 and proceeded to read through some early Amazing Spider-Man. Then your standard Batman stuff like The Long Halloween and Hush.

For collecting, I started off with a good amount of ASM. Pretty much all stuff from Stan Lee and JMS. I also got an Ultimate Spider-Man omnibus when I was younger which really helped cement my love for the character.

I only really started doing floppies once I started working. Before then I just stuck to trades. edit: Actually, I just remembered that I found some ASM floppies in my room when I was moving last year so I guess one of those? JMS stuff with Ezekial.

My first comic book floppy was either The Spectacular Spider-Man #3 (Paul Jenkins' run):

or Bone #1 (from the period Image was publishing the series):

Zombine

Banned
It feels like the move to Community has increased the number of new posters, pretty much the opposite of what we all thought would happen.

Lol I never complained a single time. Everyone acted like it would be the end for us. Some people even got off their high horse and opened up a bit. It's been good. I hope some
Of the new people stick with it and don't just post for a few days and vanish.

Like Hentai guy.

tim1138

Lol I never complained a single time. Everyone acted like it would be the end for us. Some people even got off their high horse and opened up a bit. It's been good. I hope some
Of the new people stick with it and don't just post for a few days and vanish.

Like Hentai guy.

Especially if they read Manhattan Projects, it's nice to actually have people to talk about it with.

#myfirstcomic?

Either Tintin and Red Rackham's Treasure or Asterix and the Soothsayer.

Zombine

Banned
damn it tim, i've been reading MP since the beginning! :p

you're right it doesn't get talked about much though

Honestly, the best thing to do is push hard. Its not annoying, and the way the thread moves on a good day means that shit will get lost. If people keep pushing their favorite books quite a few of us will hop on and at least try an issue to see what all the fuss is about. I have my Walking Dead niche with a few people here.

tim1138

damn it tim, i've been reading MP since the beginning! :p

you're right it doesn't get talked about much though

What the hell man, I talked about that book every month for like two years and it felt like I was talking to myself. We most have been posting on different schedules.

PsychBat!

Banned
What the hell man, I talked about that book every month for like two years and it felt like I was talking to myself. We most have been posting on different schedules.
I have mentioned MP very few times but it gets lost in a sea of girly hijinks (which I don't mind). I'll do my darndest to keep MP alive in this thread.

Vyer

Honestly, the best thing to do is push hard. Its not annoying, and the way the thread moves on a good day means that shit will get lost. If people keep pushing their favorite books quite a few of us will hop on and at least try an issue to see what all the fuss is about. I have my Walking Dead niche with a few people here.

I'd be reading WD right along with you but zombies creep me out.

lol I remember posting about it a few times at the beginning but didn't really seem like anyone was reading it or talking about it. Series is so crazy sometimes I always thought it was weird back then that no one seemed to notice.

Zombine

Banned
What is this from?

Red One. I don't like posting pages that aren't promotional, but good luck trying to see anything about this book on Google. I clipped that pannel to give you an idea of how it looks. Book is really gorgeous.

I'd be reading WD right along with you but zombies creep me out.

I'm pretty much dead inside and nothing creeps me out. I just "like" zombies and other horror related things. I'm glad you read though!

Oh man, Batwoman is terrible. Now DC retconned the kinda-rape they implied with the Nocturna mind-control thing. Only one more issue, thankfully. I still like to think the book ended when Blackman and Williams left. The marriage proposal to Mags was that creative team dropping the mic.

tim1138

I got the new #1! I'll post about it after Chrononauts.

lol I remember posting about it a few times at the beginning but didn't really seem like anyone was reading it or talking about it. Series is so crazy sometimes I always thought it was weird back then that no one seemed to notice.

I have mentioned MP very few times but it gets lost in a sea of girly hijinks (which I don't mind). I'll do my darndest to keep MP alive in this thread.

Right on, even if it's just the four of us talking about it every month that is worlds better than no discussion.

Top Bottom