• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Since its now the same price per issue as Saga that makes it wayyy better for me. Wonder if the trades will be priced accorsingly. Or come out in a reasonable time frame.

Also for anyone who has read Bendis' Uncanny and All New X Men...is there a trade ordee i should go for? I plan on getting the OHCs and alternating.

Sadist

Oh right, allready read the Court of Owls stuff.

But Batman and Son will go on my list for future reading. Anything else Batman related which is great?

Messi

Since its now the same price per issue as Saga that makes it wayyy better for me. Wonder if the trades will be priced accorsingly. Or come out in a reasonable time frame.

Also for anyone who has read Bendis' Uncanny and All New X Men...is there a trade ordee i should go for? I plan on getting the OHCs and alternating.

Good luck with that :p

Fuck. Basically read ANXM until vol. 3, then vol. 1 of UXM, vol. 4 of ANXM, and then Battle of the Atom. After that they're separate.

I think that's the trade order.

Oh right, allready read the Court of Owls stuff.

But Batman and Son will go on my list for future reading. Anything else Batman related which is great?

Batman and Robin by Tomasi is good. So's the rest of Snyder's stuff. Batman Eternal is pretty solid, albeit a little too pleased with its own cleverness.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Wonder if the marriage ban will be lifted after Rebirth.

I mean it more or less killed the Batwoman book. Sure it kept going, but nobody cared anymore. If they're going to bring her back into the fold, and this whole thing is to get back into the good graces of fans, that absolutely should be corrected.

Messi

V5x3HTC.png

:(

Shaanyboi

Banned
Damn they don't play

Didn't help that, with Batwoman being a lesbian, this was perceived (whether rightly not) as potentially being a call to avoid "making a stance" on gay marriage. The whole thing was a clusterfuck and screwed over the Batwoman book after Williams left. Total PR mess.

TheFlow

Banned
Didn't help that, with Batwoman being a lesbian, this was perceived (whether rightly not) as potentially being a call to avoid "making a stance" on gay marriage. The whole thing was a clusterfuck and screwed over the Batwoman book after Williams left. Total PR mess.
Oh man Williams was hands down my favorite artist on the new 52. Bring him back.

But yea sucks about what happened. Maybe they can do her right in detective

Messi

Damn they don't play

Blackman and Williams left over this. They left mid storyline. So much so DC had to come back like 10 issues later to finish the story with the new team. Complete joke.

If Didio really has a blanket ban attitude, I wonder how he explains Lois and Clarke and Buddy and Ellen.

Zombine

Banned
All of the "fired" people were made aware of the status of their books issues before this show happened. Rebirth is going to grow and expand over the next year, and more in the works books are going to be announced after this wave...this is the exact same way that Marvel releases books when they can/end some of their titles from the first group of titles. Gail has a DC book. Please don't fall for these "Gee, I have no idea what's going on guys!" Tweets from these people. They have books, but most fans don't know about them yet. They are shaping the DCU post rebirth and are figuring out where they want to put some of their Nu52 players.

Messi

All of the "fired" people were made aware of the status of their books issues before this show happened. Rebirth is going to grow and expand over the next year, and more in the works books are going to be announced after this wave...txact same way that Marvel releases books when they can/end some of their titles from the first group of titles. Gail has a DC book. Please don't fall for these "Gee, I have no idea what's going on guys!" Tweets from these people. They have books, but most people don't know about them yet. They are shaping the DCU post rebirth and are figuring out where they want to put some of their Nu52 players.

Gail is important.

Zombine

Banned
Gail is important.

Exactly. She's not gone. We'll find out about her next book sometime after October.

Plz don't mark out guys. Great writers, fucking shit actors. Every time I see these stupid tweets about being unemployed I'm like "👌"

Messi

Exactly. She's not gone. We'll find out about her next book sometime after October.

Plz don't mark out guys. Great writers, fucking shit actors. Every time I see these stupid tweets about being unemployed I'm like "��"

She's not unemployed though. She had a vertigo book and an image book. I am just sad that right now one of my fave titles by her is ending and she isn't there for the big launch of the new books.

Yo, where is Ann Nocenti's new book? DC needs that fifth pillar.

As far as I can tell she took a break after klarion flopped and hasn't written anything in a while. Its kind of sad actually.

this is what she is doing, good for her.

https://explorers.org//events/detail/public_lecture_series_feat_annie_nocenti

mreddie

She's not unemployed though. She had a vertigo book and an image book. I am just sad that right now one of my fave titles by her is ending and she isn't there for the big launch of the new books.

Maybe Marvel can snatch her up once Clean Room is doLOLOLOLNOPE

Zombine

Banned

I'm speaking in regards to DC books. She's working with Didio & Crew on where they want Rebirth to be 6 months from now, what books she has interest in, what stories she wants to tell, and how they can fit it into the schedule and the grand scheme of things. She's got a DC book. I'd just rather have it when it's ready.

Messi

I'm speaking in regards to DC books. She's working with Didio & Crew on where they want Rebirth to be 6 months from now, what books she has interest in, what stories she wants to tell, and how they can fit it into the schedule and the grand scheme of things. She's got a DC book. I'd just rather have it when it's ready.

I am dying here. literally dying.

Maybe Marvel can snatch her up once Clean Room is doLOLOLOLNOPE

But Gail has written for Marvel m6.

Messi

I don't mind, Gail plays to her rabid fanbase which can be the worse at times and doesn't feel like she has really expanded beyond it. If anything felt like she's catered to it and again, doesn't expand beyond those fans.

Was she catering to those fans with Clean Room?

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

Messi

Can't say so but at the same time she needs to try to do more.

Well she has an image book coming up called Crosswind :

crosswind.jpg

CROSSWIND is the cutting edge story of a suave, sharp hitman from Chicago and a seemingly unremarkable housewife from Seattle, and how they accidentally end up switching lives. It's a suspense fantasy full of sex, violence, and the blackest of humor. Written with sardonic wit by Gail Simone and stunningly realized by Cat Staggs

Top Bottom