• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

TheFlow

Banned
I am trying to hold off buying DC books in large amounts because I am betting on CMX giving us some sales before end of May/June. gotta be patient.

Sandfox

1. Star Lord seems to be decent again.
2. Yep, Marvel did something to tick her off, I forgot what about I think it was a hardcore boys club back then

Star Lord is decent as long as you forget that it's retconning Star Lord's origin to make him more like the movie character.

Owzers

I feel awful, I think I caught my nephews flu-ish compounded with the head cold I already have. On the plus side it's taken my mind off DC comics.

VanWinkle

JTripper

Someone said Tomasi and Gleason are back at it again.

On Superman.

Damn you DC for making me want to add Superman back to my pull list.

Christian

Sorry, I'm going back a ways. I'm going to read through Morrison's New X-Men run, then go into Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. Is there anything else I should read before/during/after this run that's really good and relevant to contemporary Marvel. I think I heard that Morrison's New X-Men is largely retconned, but I'm still interested in reading it. Plus, I own the whole darn thing, so why not?

Btw, after my disappointment with BvS... I need to wash it away with good Batman stuff. I only own The Dark Knight Returns, Killing Joke, The Long Halloween and Batman: Year One. Did read No Man's Land. Reccomend me some stuff comics GAF!
Mad Love and Year 100 are both good standalones. Black Mirror is pretty good too.

If you want something longer, then Morrison's run is fantastic. His Batman and Robin and Batman Inc. are my personal favorites. Batman Inc. is like everything good about Batman and the Batfamily rolled into one dope series. Must read.
Legit question, how many of those people do we have here?
Me. I love Batman, but I don't read the current run. Very excited for Rebirth Batman.
According to mark waid, kyle baker drew dick tracy in three days

From this twitter convo

https://twitter.com/itsveronicafish/status/713761650147504128

Absurd. Samnees anecdote is cool too
I love Baker, but I have to post again at how disappointed I am in Circuit Breaker. I can't blame the writing on Baker, but even the art was weak! This is from the preview, so it's not spoilers or anything, but look at this (this is one of the better pages even):
CircuitBreaker01-Page2-e1378.jpg
They look like they're fresh out of a How to Draw Manga book from the early 2000s. I love his work too...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finally watched Deadpool. Fun movie (oh no, its the dreaded F word again), wonder what they'll do with the sequel assuming it does have Cable in it.

Started reading Crossed +100. Pretty solid so far, but it's not so easy a read. The dialogue is all in some severely decayed version of modern English. It's logical given that it takes place one-hundred years after society fell.

Sorry, I'm going back a ways. I'm going to read through Morrison's New X-Men run, then go into Whedon's Astonishing X-Men. Is there anything else I should read before/during/after this run that's really good and relevant to contemporary Marvel. I think I heard that Morrison's New X-Men is largely retconned, but I'm still interested in reading it. Plus, I own the whole darn thing, so why not?
Morrison's run being retconned is news to me

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What are some good examples of Gail Simone's art? I googled her name but all I'm getting is the lady, not her art

Top Bottom