• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

ElNarez

Banned
So did Batgirl retconned TKJ?

No. Reread that page, because the layout on it is beautiful and crystal clear.
Concentric circles from the top are the implanted memories, concentric circles from the bottom are the real ones. They merge in the middle.

Sadist

that All Star Superman thread remidned me of the real GOAT page

BatmanInc8b.jpg
I always smile when this comes up. Which story is this? Need to read this.

Personally I've read Avengers Standoff: Assault on Pleasant Hill, which wasn't bad. Nice first issue.

Batgirl was paralyzed by the Joker but got better. So some form of TKJ happened.
Issue #49 might say otherwise.
No. Reread that page, because the layout on it is beautiful and crystal clear.
Concentric circles from the top are the implanted memories, concentric circles from the bottom are the real ones. They merge in the middle.
Really? Cuz Batgirl fans are celebrating right now on twitter saying they did it. Although Babs and Fletcher are being very cryptic as to whether it's official.

ElNarez

Banned
Issue #49 might say otherwise.

Really? Cuz Batgirl fans are celebrating right now on twitter saying they did it. Although Babs and Fletcher are being very cryptic as to whether it's official.

beats me why people can't parse comics

sure as hell ain't my scene

Rat Queens #6 - #10: I enjoyed this more than the first five issues. Better pacing and some nice insight into the main character's back stories.

Wayward #1 - #5: This was pretty good. Nice world building to begin with and no exposition dump (yet). Some nice artwork during the action sequences and good plot pacing. Only problem was, there were pages where the writing suddenly felt very amateurish. Mainly where the writer inserted some rather standard teenage insecurities for the main character

Busaiku

And Apocalypse Wars is a crossover event for the X-Men that's starting soon. So yes, we are getting an X-Men crossover very soon.
I think they said the Apocalypse Wars events are self contained.
Like All New X-Men is dealing with Evan and stuff, while Extraordinary is dealing with En Sabah Nur.

Owzers

More spider-gwen reading on MU, i love the art but it's hard to stay interested in a book i associate with spiderverse and one of several butt-ends of the marvel universe. I relegate all spiderbooks to MU along with X-Men.

VanWinkle

I'm SO excited to read Superman: American Alien when it comes in collected format. Looking through the each issue's previews, all of them have incredible art despite all being from different artists. And then #5 is from Manapul who is one of my absolute favorite artists, and Jock is seemingly working on one (probably #6), which is just awesome.

tim1138

I hope Rebirth brings back Dinah and Ollie as a couple. That's the only DC relationship that didn't survive the N52 that I miss.

Isn't the whole point of Rebirth to bring back some of the old continuity?

There bringing back Birds of Prey but I think that's where it'll end in terms of bringing back old continuity for Black Canary. Rebirth looks like it's heavily focused on fixing Superman, Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, and Green Lantern. I don't know, maybe DC will pressure Fletcher to do it.

More spider-gwen reading on MU, i love the art but it's hard to stay interested in a book i associate with spiderverse and one of several butt-ends of the marvel universe. I relegate all spiderbooks to MU along with X-Men.

That's what ended up happening to me. I like the character, but the book just couldn't hold my attention. It was pretty average overall. And Freeza ain't got time for average.

There's also this tweet...

Ruh-roh. Wonder if it's something fans will take well or not.

it would be funny if Batgirl Rebirth brought it all back.

A new Batgirl for the Trump era. Holy shit, though. People would be fucking furious if DC retconned Barbara being out of the wheelchair. Though I still think Oracle was a great character.

so I GUESS Jim Lee just announced he's doing Suicide Squad with Rob Williams

apparently, it's a thing

that's one hell of an upgrade from Martian Manhunter

e: put a link in, it's confirmed

oh, so that thing Messi was refusing to believe actually turned out to be true. HMMMM.

Isn't the whole point of Rebirth to bring back some of the old continuity?

My guess is that the entire point of Rebirth is to boost sales. :|

My guess is that the entire point of Rebirth is to boost sales. :|

Po-ta-to, po-tah-to.

Nobody says potahto.

On Batgirl, I think they're probably going to undo Killing Joke for good. It wasn't supposed to be canon in the first place, and it really doesn't at all fit with where the character is. They might go through some vents that leads to Barbra resuming her role as Oracle, but I doubt she'll be wheelchair bound.

On Batgirl, I think they're probably going to undo Killing Joke for good. It wasn't supposed to be canon in the first place, and it really doesn't at all fit with where the character is. They might go through some vents that leads to Barbra resuming her role as Oracle, but I doubt she'll be wheelchair bound.

Even for a Batman story, Killing Joke was surprisingly dark. I know they would never go through with a story like that today where a lot of people are extremely sensitive about a lot of things.

Even for a Batman story, Killing Joke was surprisingly dark. I know they would never go through with a story like that today where a lot of people are extremely sensitive about a lot of things.

The discussion when the animated movie releases is going to be....really something.

joker-popcorn.gif

i mean to be fair it was printed on bleeding cool

I know, but it doesn't mean everything posted there is blatantly false. Johnston is just too quick to post some things without confirmation in the hopes that it's true in order to have broken a story first.

So, here's a thought, what if they finally give Barbra a Nightwing-style upgrade? Have her move past being Batgirl, but not past being a costumed hero.

I miss oracle babs. But that character and personality is long long gone. I think she was way more interesting and had a much more powerful message but the current regime and fans disagree. At least I have my pre 52 comics!

tim1138

There bringing back Birds of Prey but I think that's where it'll end in terms of bringing back old continuity for Black Canary. Rebirth looks like it's heavily focused on fixing Superman, Wonder Woman, Teen Titans, and Green Lantern. I don't know, maybe DC will pressure Fletcher to do it.

To play devil's advocate, you're assuming that Fletcher is writing Birds of Prey. They could also keep the focus on solo Dinah in Birds and then bring back her and Ollie's relationship in the Green Arrow comic. They can have them back together without it being the focal point of both books.

Timo

That Discipline comic was hot garbage. The art was ok (I thought the cover was great, most of the reason I bought it), but the story was awful terrible bad.

Black Widow issue 1 was some good Samnee stuff, enjoyed it.

To play devil's advocate, you're assuming that Fletcher is writing Birds of Prey. They could also keep the focus on solo Dinah in Birds and then bring back her and Ollie's relationship in the Green Arrow comic. They can have them back together without it being the focal point of both books.

A lot of new fans think she's too good for Ollie.

Top Bottom