• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Owzers

It's gotten worse. When i removed a sticker off my mad max fury road blu ray slip case it took some of the cardboard off leaving a white mark. I put the sticker back on it but i knew it was there and now after removing the sticker and gazing directly at it until it blinks first, i decided the only sane thing to do is to get out my colored pencil set and find a decent match. It's not just paint anymore, anything is possible. There are no strings on me.

David Lapham says he reads old comics out loud to his wife and puts the emphasis on the bold words just so she hear how random/unnatural the emphasis are.
Back in the day I always thought it was just some printing snafu with the comics.

In other news I bought Pokemon yellow. It'll be the next game after FE fates

mreddie

You're using an image embed code on a URL for an attachment on CBR, so it's not showing
FUCK

2016-03-05-642-e1457216414282.png

Also JimZub doing a Cammy comic

SFL_Cammy1_cvrA.jpg

At first I thought it was Transonic and not Mystique on that Civil War II X-Men cover (shit image quality), but then I was like lol we ain't never gonna see her again.

Ponn

Banned
Is East of West good? I've been eyeing the hardcover, the story sounds like something right up my alley and I like Hickman.

Is East of West good? I've been eyeing the hardcover, the story sounds like something right up my alley and I like Hickman.

Yeah. The hardcover is your best bet. It was a bit hard to follow if you were reading it issue to issue, but it reads much better in collected format.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
(Last Days of) The Punisher #19-20: Frank goes out killing terrorists in Afghanistan as the world ends. Didnt so much for me, issue #18 was a much stronger finish to the run in my opinion, these two issues felt super tacked in. Still, I liked this LA run more than most people, and would recomend it if you've exausted your Punisher reading and are in the mood for more. Lovely art throughout and Frank has this badass costume

b7f18b4660cbaa9aa9245a59b25620ef.jpg

Up to issue 27 of Rachel Rising and it continues to be great. The cast is so great, especially Zoe. Her exchanges with everyone else are hilarious.

Need to try out more Terry Moore stuff once I clear my backlog a bit.

Wait Messi really left?
Looks like it. He made some post saying he's leaving and hasn't come back. He's done that before but I guess this one stuck for now

Most just fade away like Kipp or I guess Birdie (never did learn what happened there). Didn't usually agree with his opinions but I miss that guys enthusiasm

Looks like it. He made some post saying he's leaving and hasn't come back. He's done that before but I guess this one stuck for now

Most just fade away like Kipp or I guess Birdie (never did learn what happened there). Didn't usually agree with his opinions but I miss that guys enthusiasm

Birdie left 'cause he got sick of our cynicism.

Messi's still in the hangout, will probably be back eventually.

VanWinkle

Watching Justice League War on Netflix. It's actually pretty awesome. It's clearly based on Justice League Vol 1: Origin, but it's quite a bit better than that. Not quite as focused on everybody being jerks for no reason.

My only qualm thus far is some of the voice acting. Particularly the Flash, Cyborg (why does he sound like 40 lol), and Batman. I am not a Kevin Conroy fan, so I don't care that Batman doesn't sound like that, but I don't like this voice either.

Zombine

Banned

A majority of the old guard just talk elsewhere. We're all friends, not just forum acquaintances.

Kipp is doing life at Rikers tho.

Birdie left 'cause he got sick of our cynicism.

To be honest, yeah, I understand that. It's tiresome. There are good people in here that just love comics and just want to have meaningful discussion, though. I try to ignore the rest.

Watching Justice League War on Netflix. It's actually pretty awesome. It's clearly based on Justice League Vol 1: Origin, but it's quite a bit better than that. Not quite as focused on everybody being jerks for no reason.

My only qualm thus far is some of the voice acting. Particularly the Flash, Cyborg (why does he sound like 40 lol), and Batman. I am not a Kevin Conroy fan, so I don't care that Batman doesn't sound like that, but I don't like this voice either.

War was way better than the original story, imo. People didn't like the movie that much, but I loved it. It has great animation. I did not have any problems with the voice acting, either.

VanWinkle

War was way better than the original story, imo. People didn't like the movie that much, but I loved it. It has great animation. I did not have any problems with the voice acting, either.

Yeah I'm loving the animation, as well as the art style, which is often hit or miss for me on these animated movies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is Emma even back after secret wars? in any book?

War was ok, I liked the animation and seeing Shazam in the league. The action is great. I think a jokester on the league makes a difference, Wally in TAS helped make the team complete.

Downsides is Darkseid being dumb generic monster and Wonder Woman's airhead personality, I didn't care for her voice actor either. I can buy a cocky Superman and reckless Hal, this is the beginning of their careers.

I hope we get Forever Evil and Darkseid War, I wish Batman movies didn't take up 2/3rds of the movie slots per year. I miss the little showcase animations they did that highlighted b & c stringers.

Top Bottom