• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

His JL 3000 stuff is like tiers ahead of the uneven stuff he did back on Morrison's JLA run. And I literally mean uneven. It suffered from the Ethan Van Sciver syndrome. There was no symmetry in faces and proportions were all goofy.

He had to learn how to draw again because his drawing arm was badly hurt in an accident. It's a pretty incredible story.

frye

I really can't get over mullet Superman in JLA. Howard Porters art is so good these days but back then it lacked something.

Howard Porter on that run of JLA is honestly one of my least favourite superhero artists ever, as much as I love that run on the whole (it's also partly why I actually prefer the Kelly/Mahnke run down the line)

DC asking $300 for THIS?! GROSS.

DCC12117.jpg

In the process of catching up on some DC and just caught up to Omega Men 8 and damn that issue gutted me. Seeing the before and after of D.O.C and Elu was great. It's sad to see this book ending, but I'm excited to see King on Batman with Rebirth.

MG310

DC asking $300 for THIS?! GROSS.

It seems like the promo shots for that and the Bombshells busts were rushed so they had something to show for WonderCon

Finally found the Hasbro Spider-Gwen today. I missed out on her 5+ times already where she was the only one gone from the case.

In the process of catching up on some DC and just caught up to Omega Men 8 and damn that issue gutted me. Seeing the before and after of D.O.C and Elu was great. It's sad to see this book ending, but I'm excited to see King on Batman with Rebirth.
Omega Men is just too good. Tom King Batman is gonna be something else.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I should sucker punch both you scrubs in the head for spouting this ridiculousness :V

The bizarre apreciation that Quitely gets from some people is baffling to me. Its one of the few things I will stand my ground around here, his art is fucking atrocious, and I dont care what kind of new age "its artistic man you just dont get it" excuse you spout, it wont change my mind (he did get better later on in the book, but Quietly's better just mean it goes from awful to just bad)

Tizoc

The bizarre apreciation that Quitely gets from some people is baffling to me. Its one of the few things I will stand my ground around here, his art is fucking atrocious, and I dont care what kind of new age "its artistic man you just dont get it" excuse you spout, it wont change my mind (he did get better later on in the book, but Quietly's better just mean it goes from awful to just bad)

It's the 'softness' of the body, faces and physique that I like about it
Plus he draws a great Supes/Clark Kent and gets the body language just right.

I mean if you can't appreciate Quietly, how you gonna appreciate dat JoJo goodness

hm

nah

JTripper

but

all-star-superman.jpg

Li Kao

It's the 'softness' of the body, faces and physique that I like about it
Plus he draws a great Supes/Clark Kent and gets the body language just right.

I mean if you can't appreciate Quietly, how you gonna appreciate dat JoJo goodness

Ugh, this example stinks. So in order to differentiate Clark / Superman Quietly overdo Clark's body language to the point of making him a ape man. Eww.

Valravn

New comic book haul!

Low Volume 1
Old Man Logan
The Fade Out volume 1
The Autumnlands volume 1
Big Hard Sex Criminals (deluxe hardcover)
Batman: Absolute Court of Owls, it's so sexy.

It's good to be back reading comics. My wallet is crying though. :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
387621-47642-jean-grey.jpg

no wonder all you millenials hate mutants

here, have some asian Emma Frost

tumblr_inline_nhtw92r9hw1qzoc3t.jpg

Messi

New comic book haul!

Low Volume 1
Old Man Logan
The Fade Out volume 1
The Autumnlands volume 1
Big Hard Sex Criminals (deluxe hardcover)
Batman: Absolute Court of Owls, it's so sexy.

It's good to be back reading comics. My wallet is crying though. :)

Great pickups. Did you know autumnlands has tiger boobies in it?

Tizoc

Oh my god, where are his lips?

Where're the lips in your avatar?

387621-47642-jean-grey.jpg

no wonder all you millenials hate mutants

Hey you're the one still following current Marvel thinking there's some actually good stuff being written from them.
I'm still in shock how Marvel is going a 180 on X-men now after they were their main money maker through the 80s onwards.

Here's some more Quietly goodness since y'all can't shut up-
35cKtii.jpg

1MO8e9c.jpg

lWVTQlz.jpg

AllStarSuperman.jpg

Tizoc

Yeah totally, sorry for the use of 'ape-man', my English is rusted and I used the inexact term. So yeah, slouching is over 9000 here. The intention is respectable but the execution is overkill as fuck.

It's a sketch; Clark Kent's physique and body language is as normal as can be for the type of body language they were going with within the main book.

Top Bottom