• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new-x-men-beast.png

hey beast, you are now a fat half lion half goat...thing. Why? Because fuck you thats why

but here, to prove im fair, I actually quite enjoy this Beast page

I just noticed his Beast only has 4 fingers... for reasons?

Li Kao

It's a sketch; Clark Kent's physique and body language is as normal as can be for the type of body language they were going with within the main book.

Oh but I'm criticizing the sketch here, not Quietly in general. I wouldn't know where to stand in this fight, sometimes his stuff is gorgeous, sometimes clearly not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I see nothing wrong with this one, but hey since you dislike asians, have some booty-

And you dislike Quietly's art so, sorry bud, your opinion is moot to me :V

LOL at that Emma Frost and Storm. Who the fuck is that?

I like that Beast tho

edit: all this Quitely talk makes me want to re-read New X-Men, that shit is super dope, art aside

Tizoc

I just noticed his Beast only has 4 fingers... for reasons?

He has four fingers because cats have four 'fingers' on each paw.
It goes down to the artist though, some draw Cat Beast with 5 fingers, but really it is a worthless thing to gripe about it.

And you dislike Quietly's art so, sorry bud, your opinion is moot to me :V

Wait...what? Self-serving logic. Let's all bury our heads in the sand!

I dislike Quitely's art because of the images you posted. I don't dislike the images you posted because I dislike Quitely's art. Simple cause and effect.

Valravn

Talking about fantasy comics. I'm also interested in Birthright, Wayward and Rat Queens.
Is Wayward worth it? Cuz i read a lot of mixed reviews.

Hey guys, whatcha talking abo-

giphy.gif

Talking about fantasy comics. I'm also interested in Birthright, Wayward and Rat Queens.

What I've read of Birthright, I like a lot. It feels a little twisted in a good way.

I've not heard much about Wayward, but I have the first OHC from that Humble Bundle.

Rat Queens I've heard great things about; same deal, I own it but I haven't read it. Hopefully this doesn't set people off to talk about the artist on that book...

Messi

Wayward absolutely.

I dig Rat Queens but the art gets progressively worse as the run continues. Fun story though.

Tizoc

Hey guys, whatcha talking abo-

giphy.gif
Like I wrote
Don't Start Nothin'
Don't Get Nothin'

but this reminds me; is Morrison ever gonna do Seaguy Vol. 3? Or is it because the first 2 series were Vertigo and that line went off the deep end that he has lost all interest in doing more?
Da Fug, Morrison...

John Rogers' Dungeons and Dragons is really good fantasy comic.
Also DC's Demon Knights by Paul Cornell.

Li Kao

but this reminds me; is Morrison ever gonna do Seaguy Vol. 3? Or is it because the first 2 series were Vertigo and that line went off the deep end that he has lost all interest in doing more?

I really hope that the new titles shot the line undergone a few months ago resulted in quality comics. It would break my heart to see the line go.

I've been reading all these DC books because The Flash is so great and I'm like "I bet they would just love that"

Also, all those good Rebirth announcements!

AND SNYDER'S BATMAN FINISH!

GUYS!!!

YES

Someone else loves Superheavy's conclusion!

I adore that book.

What is omega men about?

It's about an insurgency group in a far-flung star system.

Literally anything else would be spoilers. The book does a great job of laying out everything. Start with the free preview issue, move from there.

I've always been bigger on Marvel than DC, but there were a surprising # of Rebirth announcements that interest me. I've been wanting to read more of the mainline DC books. Maybe this is my chance.

Snyder's next Batman story sounds like a phenomenal idea
V psyched for Priest Deathstroke
Hyped about Super-Man
Humphries Green Lantern
P much all the bat-books

EDIT: RUCKA WOMAN

Rachel Rising #1-12 (Featured in the OP!)

This is my first Terry Moore book (which is no one's fault but my own) and I am loving it. Reading this book is like eating popcorn: I keep on eating it and it's so damn delicious, I can't seem to be able to get my fill. The whole thing moves at such a brisk pace, too. I feel like I'm in the third act of the thing and I'm less than a third of the way through. The last two issues had truly "whoaaaaaaa" reveals. There is some disturbing shit in here, too. It's beyond amazing.

I'm still getting a feel for the characters, but Rachel is a solid protagonist. I also noticed there's a higher number of female leads in this book than male, and neither of the male leads seem like your typical leads, anyway. I noticed that the female leads even have more male-leaning nicknames like Johnny and Jet.

Moore's art is centerpiece here. Some amazingly detailed stuff on display here, and I find the characters very attractive. Just incredible.

Going to see how far I can get today.

Nah, I'm back better than ever.

Birdie :')

Ok I will

I think the preview issue will give you a very good sense of the book. It's really great.

shingi70

Banned
Where's my Clark. I like the white family but I hope the Clark I came into comics with is still around.

Just ordered the WWE Network and watching old raw. Is the current NXT a good jumping on point?

Top Bottom