• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just started reading Batman & Robin: Eternal.

Despite reading the other bat books (Grayson, Detective comics & Batman) There are parts where I am bewildered at what is going on. Is the main villain that cannibal lady who used to work for Spyral?

Zombine

Banned
i wish marvel stuff was better overall tbph

x-men are garbage right now
standoff? more like GET OFF MY PULL LIST LOL

X-Men makes me kinda sad. Inhuman stuff is pretty fucking fire.

BLACK WIDOW THO

AND IRON MAN & POWER FIST

WOLVERINE TOO

Dude. So fucking fun. Iron Man books are legit incredible to me as well.

X-Men makes me kinda sad. Inhuman stuff is pretty fucking fire.

BLACK WIDOW THO

AND IRON MAN & POWER FIST

WOLVERINE TOO

Dude. So fucking fun. Iron Man books are legit incredible to me as well.

All New Woverine is best Marvel book right now.

Iron Fist Power Man ehhhhh

Inhumans stuff I am so meh on mostly because of the shit new characs. All terrible. Sell me on it someone.

Also not into new Daredevil.

Love new iron man

Black Widow was so amazing.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

NSFW apparently
fb642a0cd3dfa5f992018b1b2c8f4cdb.jpg

Kordey's shit was really rough, but I didn't know he had to do his issues quickly.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
A preview of DC's fall trade releases

The Snyder/Capullo Batman run is being stretched to fill 10 volumes.

It's interesting to see that apparently a lot of the secondary New 52 books are going to keep publishing into at least July, since they're not listed as final issues.

Yeah I noticed that too. Since the Rebirth release is staggered it makes sense that a lot of books will still keep going. But stuff like Justice League looks like it's really limping to a close after the main teams leave.

tim1138

In case y'all missed it in the solicits, the first new volume of the original Rucka WW run does contain the Hiketeia.

Also, Sean Murphy is going to be launching a Kickstarter for a sketchbook he's working on.

Foofaraw

Selling some comics again! Last time I unloaded some Valiant trades, this time it's a bit more all over.

The Umbrella Academy Vol 1
Fairest Vol 1
Blackest Night: Green Lantern
Avengers: Endless Wartime Hardcover OGN by Warren Ellis
Thor God of Thunder by Aaron. HC volume 1
Avengers by Hickman HC vol 1

I'll probably throw in another book or two. Just doing some spring cleaning. $15 shipped?

All New Woverine is best Marvel book right now.

Iron Fist Power Man ehhhhh

Inhumans stuff I am so meh on mostly because of the shit new characs. All terrible. Sell me on it someone.

Also not into new Daredevil.

Love new iron man

Black Widow was so amazing.
Which ones? The only new ones are Grid, Panacea, and Swain. The rest were introduced in the 2014 run or earlier.

Selling some comics again! Last time I unloaded some Valiant trades, this time it's a bit more all over.

The Umbrella Academy Vol 1
Fairest Vol 1
Blackest Night: Green Lantern
Avengers: Endless Wartime Hardcover OGN by Warren Ellis
Thor God of Thunder by Aaron. HC volume 1
Avengers by Hickman HC vol 1

I'll probably throw in another book or two. Just doing some spring cleaning. $15 shipped?

$15 for the stack? :O

if so, I'll take them.

JTripper

Looks like I'll be picking up:

Anarky Collection
Brian K Vaughan's Batman
Ed Brubaker's Batman Vol 2
Nightwing Vol 5

Maybe the Elseworlds Batman too. I've barely read many Elseworld stories besides Year 100, Doom Came to Gotham, Gotham by Gaslight, and Vampire.

I'm so glad Nightwing's series is being reprinted. I really hope they stick with it and print all of it pre-new 52. I hope maybe one day Nightwing gets enough love for a complete series release through omnibus.

JTripper

Is the Crisis on Infinite Earths companion worth reading when that releases? I've never even read the main Crisis event so I'm wondering if I should go all out and get both eventually.

Rachel Rising #1-12 (Featured in the OP!)

This is my first Terry Moore book (which is no one's fault but my own) and I am loving it. Reading this book is like eating popcorn: I keep on eating it and it's so damn delicious, I can't seem to be able to get my fill. The whole thing moves at such a brisk pace, too. I feel like I'm in the third act of the thing and I'm less than a third of the way through. The last two issues had truly "whoaaaaaaa" reveals. There is some disturbing shit in here, too. It's beyond amazing.

I'm still getting a feel for the characters, but Rachel is a solid protagonist. I also noticed there's a higher number of female leads in this book than male, and neither of the male leads seem like your typical leads, anyway. I noticed that the female leads even have more male-leaning nicknames like Johnny and Jet.

Moore's art is centerpiece here. Some amazingly detailed stuff on display here, and I find the characters very attractive. Just incredible.

Going to see how far I can get today.
Glad you're liking it. I really like it a lot. The art is gorgeous and the characters are all great. Zoe is great.
In case y'all missed it in the solicits, the first new volume of the original Rucka WW run does contain the Hiketeia.

Also, Sean Murphy is going to be launching a Kickstarter for a sketchbook he's working on.

I saw that on the Wonder Woman solicit. Makes it a no-brainer for me since Hiketeia isn't available digitally or anything as far as I see. I'm sure I'll be done with the Perez Wonder Woman stuff by then too. Very excited to get to this since I do like what I have read by Rucka a lot.

I might check out the Murphy KS when it drops. I like his art a lot.

Yeah I mean those. That blind guy. All them. So wack.

Also you take the coolest inhuman and cripple him that's a bad idea.
Did you read the 2014 run? Because if you didn't you should. It builds up a lot of those characters. The blind guy is Reader, he's from stuff much earlier that I have yet to read. He was introduced before the 2014 Inhuman run for sure.

I'm also upset about Gorgon. I'd like him to get fixed up.

I think at the very least the new Inhuman books, Karnak included, are definitely some of the better action books that are part of ANAD. Up there with Mighty Thor as far as action is concerned.

Yea I saw it a year ago but have been too cheap to buy it.

Beats buying the absolute version for 50+

Well, the absolute version is a thing on its own. It's for huge fans of the book. I don't think there are any shortcomings to the bundle, but I thought I saw it had sleeves on the inside for the discs or something? Maybe want to check it out just in case you're not into the design.

Glad you're liking it. I really like it a lot. The art is gorgeous and the characters are all great. Zoe is great.

I saw that on the Wonder Woman solicit. Makes it a no-brainer for me since Hiketeia isn't available digitally or anything as far as I see. I'm sure I'll be done with the Perez Wonder Woman stuff by then too. Very excited to get to this since I do like what I have read by Rucka a lot.

I might check out the Murphy KS when it drops. I like his art a lot.

Yes, she is. Very strange character, as I'm just starting to see her post-
possession
now.

Tim keeps bringing up Hiketeia like it's supposed to mean something, but if it's not available digitally, I guess I'm going to have to grab that trade too. :x

Of course.

It just hit issue 13 though? So you going to have to wait

The reason people ask "if" is because it's up to the creators' discretion, depending on the sales numbers, to see if an OHC is justified. That's how Image rolls.

Ross61

Now that I think about it, Tom Taylor should have been on Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. Anyone but, Robert Vendetti. (Kinda wish Valiant had signed him to an exclusive so that this wouldn't have happened.)

Zombine

Banned
I feel like an idiot for not reading West Coast Daredevil. I feel like it's even better than NYC. Been blowing through the issues like crazy.

Now that I think about it, Tom Taylor should have been on Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. Anyone but, Robert Vendetti. (Kinda wish Valiant had signed him to an exclusive so that this wouldn't have happened.)

It hurts twice as much when XO was as good as it was. :'(

Hey guys, how is that Doctor Fate book DC is putting out? Putting together an IST order for this week.

Mmm... it's pretty good now. The first 7 issues drag like a motherfucker though. Very, very long form origin story. It picks itself up at the end of the arc, though, and it's been pretty consistency good/great since.

Top Bottom