• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Besides Vision, which is on my to read list, has anything been worthwhile from Marvel since Secret Wars? I fell completely off during Secret Wars with not really liking any of the side books.

There are lots of great books. ANAD has been good to us.

Vision
Power Man and Iron Fist
The Mighty Thor
Doctor Strange
Ms Marvel
Spider-Gwen
Old Man Logan
Ultimates

Owzers

Still not feeling remotely well :( I placed my dcbs order for the month and now i feel even worse. Comics make me nauseous.

in for:

Hellboy in hell #9
East of West
Invincible
Walking Bread
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Gwenpool
Howard the Duck
Patsy Walker
Ultimates

i have room on my pull list for allllllllllllll those dc books i'm buying. So many. Lots. One? Also, no Civil War 2 #0 and #1, hahaha Freeza!

also a maybe on the koto spider-gwen statue.

Interfectum

Knocked out all 5 issues of American Alien... goddamn one of the better Superman stories I've read. Really gets you back into the character. Good writing and I love the different art styles per issue.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Still not feeling remotely well :( I placed my dcbs order for the month and now i feel even worse. Comics make me nauseous.

in for:

Hellboy in hell #9
East of West
Invincible
Walking Bread
Black Panther
Doctor Strange
Gwenpool
Howard the Duck
Patsy Walker
Ultimates

i have room on my pull list for allllllllllllll those dc books i'm buying. So many. Lots. One? Also, no Civil War 2 #0 and #1, hahaha Freeza!

also a maybe on the koto spider-gwen statue.

Sounds delicious!

VanWinkle

Yeeessss

rsz_imag0570.jpg

Feels so good, too. This is like BOOM studios quality trade paperback.

VanWinkle

That trade is $20?

I got it for $12, but yeah. I mean, it's kind of expensive but it's 176 pages (which would probably have been $16.99 cover from DC and more from the other guys), so I was alright with that.

Includes Archie 1-6, Jughead #1 (which I wasn't expecting), and some bonus content.

I'm currently on my 8th rewatch of the series. It miiight have now dethroned P&R as my favorite show.
Which means you have to watch P&R again in order to see for sure, right?
Mr Miracle and Barda are big players in Darkseid War in Justice League (along with Kalibak, Metron, and others), Orion and Highfather were in Wonder Woman, Steppenwolf was in Earth 2. I don't think Granny, the Furies, or Lightray have appeared anywhere yet though.
The Furies, Barda, Miracle, and Kalibak all showed up and played big roles in Earth 2 as well. Well, Kalibak and the Furies just wrecked shit, but the rest played huge roles.

VanWinkle

Oh my goodness, I had to have watched P&R at least 25 times (except seasons 6 and 7, which were probably 5-10 times). But I think you're right, because I've watched 30 Rock through about four times since I last watched P&R.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I hate double page spreads when I'm reading on a tablet. Have to go back and forward between the pages.

Anyone else have this problem?

Besides Vision, which is on my to read list, has anything been worthwhile from Marvel since Secret Wars? I fell completely off during Secret Wars with not really liking any of the side books.
Squirrel Girl is great

Only one issue out for each but Black Widow and Mockingbird had strong first issues. BW is by Waid/Samnee so it's gonna be rad.

Squirrel Girl is great

Only one issue out for each but Black Widow and Mockingbird had strong first issues. BW is by Waid/Samnee so it's gonna be rad.

I was really not able to get into Squirrel Girl pre Secret Wars. I don't know what it was because I usually like the more comedic books and I love the more recent run of Howard the Duck, but Squirrel Girl just wasn't able to grab me.

Speaking of comedic books: just read Grayson #16 and damn it was amazing. Love this damn book.

Messi

I was really not able to get into Squirrel Girl pre Secret Wars. I don't know what it was because I usually like the more comedic books and I love the more recent run of Howard the Duck, but Squirrel Girl just wasn't able to grab me.

Speaking of comedic books: just read Grayson #16 and damn it was amazing. Love this damn book.

I hope team Grayson lands on their feet post rebirth. Would hate to see them become a dour grimdark machine.

VanWinkle

I hate double page spreads when I'm reading on a tablet. Have to go back and forward between the pages.

One of the many things I dislike about reading comics digitally. I've pretty much completely abandoned my tablet for reading comics.

Eh, it's a minor nuisance to have to tilt the tablet sideways to get the whole spread at a decent size, but it's tolerable compared to having to store physical comics somewhere when you're done reading.

Eh, it's a minor nuisance to have to tilt the tablet sideways to get the whole spread at a decent size, but it's tolerable compared to having to store physical comics somewhere when you're done reading.

Yup. I don't mind the tradeoff (until I get a PRO :D). I just Guided View those panels and then look at the whole thing.

Nice bonus is when you get stuff like that spread in Tokyo Ghost where they're jumping across the forest, you get a new wallpaper at the push of a button

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
This wouldn't be a problem if I had an iPad pro. I'm legit considering it.

It's pretty awesome. A bit expensive if you're just planning on reading comics with it, but good golly, is it great to see the art that big.

With Power Man and Iron Fist, is there a continuity reason that Luke seems so grumpy with Danny?

With Power Man and Iron Fist, is there a continuity reason that Luke seems so grumpy with Danny?

Iron Fist always dragged him into capers and crap he didn't want to do. Luke's 100% a family man now, and he doesn't want to kickstart any Heroes for Hire stuff. Iron Fist is bored and looking for adventure, and he's convinced Luke wants to crack skulls.

Messi

It's pretty awesome. A bit expensive if you're just planning on reading comics with it, but good golly, is it great to see the art that big.

I do 90% of my browsing and reading of comics on my ipad. I think I could get great use out of it. Is it really huge?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Iron Fist always dragged him into capers and crap he didn't want to do. Luke's 100% a family man now, and he doesn't want to kickstart any Heroes for Hire stuff. Iron Fist is bored and looking for adventure, and he's convinced Luke wants to crack skulls.

Makes sense. Most of my exposure to them as a duo is Immortal Iron Fist and some New Avengers stuff, they just seemed less at loggerheads than they do in this.

I do 90% of my browsing and reading of comics on my ipad. I think I could get great use out of it. Is it really huge?

It feels enormous at first, and then you get used to it. I still have my iPad 3 around though, so I'm reminded how much bigger it is.

It's basically the same size as my 13 in MacBook's screen, but with more screen and less border. Slightly thicker too.

Li Kao

From Comics Alliance 'Rebirth' Roundtable:

"On the subject of Superman, does it seem weird to anyone else that the Rebirth DCU has four different Supermen? Five if you count Cyborg Superman, who’s in Supergirl"

http://comicsalliance.com/dc-rebirth-roundtable-discussion-analysis/?trackback=tsmclip

Can somebody tell me who are these five Superman they are talking about ?
I get Superman and Cyborg Superman, the article seems to imply there is now a Luthor Superman, but other than that I'm stumped.

From Comics Alliance 'Rebirth' Roundtable:

"On the subject of Superman, does it seem weird to anyone else that the Rebirth DCU has four different Supermen? Five if you count Cyborg Superman, who’s in Supergirl"

http://comicsalliance.com/dc-rebirth-roundtable-discussion-analysis/?trackback=tsmclip

Can somebody tell me who are these five Superman they are talking about ?
I get Superman and Cyborg Superman, the article seems to imply there is now a Luthor Superman, but other than that I'm stumped.

Superman, Luthor Superman, New Superman (Chinese Superman), New 52 Superman, Cyborg Superman are my tally.

tim1138

The Furies, Barda, Miracle, and Kalibak all showed up and played big roles in Earth 2 as well. Well, Kalibak and the Furies just wrecked shit, but the rest played huge roles.

Oh were they? I bailed on E2 pretty quickly after Robinson walked and Taylor took over.

Li Kao

Superman, Luthor Superman, New Superman (Chinese Superman), New 52 Superman, Cyborg Superman are my tally.

Uh, Chinese Superman ? Where from ?
And you differentiate Superman and New 52 Superman. Is it to say I didn't notice and they reintroduced pre-52 Superman (yay), pre-crisis Superman (yay) or are you talking about the Superman from Convergence, who is... from what era exactly ?

Man, parallel dimensions aren't complicated, Crisis always seemed overkill to me, but DC have the super power to make them confusing as hell...

Edit - Ok, Chinese Superman is from the New Superman book just announced.

Top Bottom