• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Uh, Chinese Superman ? Where from ?
And you differentiate Superman and New 52 Superman. Is it to say I didn't notice and they reintroduced pre-52 Superman (yay), pre-crisis Superman (yay) or are you talking about the Superman from Convergence, who is... from what era exactly ?

Man, parallel dimensions aren't complicated, Crisis always seemed overkill to me, but DC have the super power to make them confusing as hell...

Edit - Ok, Chinese Superman is from the New Superman book just announced.
Its a Chinese who got induced with Clarks blood. So he is kind of a artificial Superman.

That I will never see that tire fire until it's on HBO and even then probably fucking not.

It just seems like the most cynical product of entertainment ever released into the wild.

What if I told you that the word on the street regarding its cynicism is totally misguided? That it's actually a refutation of The Dark Knight Returns cynical, pessimistic Batman, wrapped up in an admittedly unsteady and awkwardly executed package?

Uh, Chinese Superman ? Where from ?
And you differentiate Superman and New 52 Superman. Is it to say I didn't notice and they reintroduced pre-52 Superman (yay), pre-crisis Superman (yay) or are you talking about the Superman from Convergence, who is... from what era exactly ?

Man, parallel dimensions aren't complicated, Crisis always seemed overkill to me, but DC have the super power to make them confusing as hell...

Edit - Ok, Chinese Superman is from the New Superman book just announced.

Yeah, Chinese Superman is a new thing. A 17 year old kid in Shanghai somehow receives Superman's powers.

And Superman is apparently now Lois & Clark, which is to say Post-Crisis, Pre-New 52 Superman.

Li Kao

Ok, I think I'm good except for the Superman from Convergence, now than I think about it I don't understand if he is a legacy character (from what era ?) or just a Superman created for the Convergence story line.

Edit - Oh, Convergence Supe is pre-52 Supe ? Interesting.

Ok, I think I'm good except for the Superman from Convergence, now than I think about it I don't understand if he is a legacy character (from what era ?) or just a Superman created for the Convergence story line.

He's the pre-New 52 Superman. The whole point of Convergence is that it featured characters from older (in the meta sense) timelines.

Li Kao

He's the pre-New 52 Superman. The whole point of Convergence is that it featured characters from older (in the meta sense) timelines.

Oookkkk, but, if I remember correctly
his world was destroyed at the end of Convergence (or did he choose to change world by himself, blurry memories) and he is now living not on his native world but on earth-2...?

Oookkkk, but, if I remember correctly
his world was destroyed at the end of Convergence (or did he choose to change world by himself, blurry memories) and he is now living not on his native world but on earth-2...?

Look, I'm not going to lie: I have forgotten like 95% of Convergence. But the gist of it is, pre-N52 Superman, his Lois, and his son, all escaped into the N52 universe. He's the one that's going to be taking up the mantle. I think (and this is mostly speculation) that N52 Superman is getting depowered, maybe permanently, and his power is somehow getting transferred into New Superman.

VanWinkle

My goodness, Bandette was just fantastic. I loved the hardcover, too. There was some nice special features in the back and it's got that amazing Dark Horse paper quality. Great stuff.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
One of the many things I dislike about reading comics digitally. I've pretty much completely abandoned my tablet for reading comics.

But why

I still prefer tablet reading, just double page spreads are a hassle. Laptops just as awkward to use.

EDIT: My Lenovo tablet is about 10 inches, would an iPad Pro even be worth it?

this Wacky Races reboot...

CebQQ1NW4AAA-rT.jpg

shingi70

Banned
Man I still read comics on a six Inc phone.

I just got too the Invasion tie in's for Power of the Atom and this is how a tie in is done. It's organic to the story and doesn't akwardly screw what the writer was doing I'm the first place.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Lazarus #21 ending... wow.

So could it be that
those flashbacks in the early issues... weren't really flashbacks?

Iron Man & Power Fist really took me by surprise. Love where this arc is going. It reminds me of Superior Foes.

Really huh? I've been out of the loop for all the Marvel/DC series, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on that one

VanWinkle

Is Dan DiDio a good writer? I know people dislike him, but that seems more for his DC creative decisions and not because his skills as a writer. I've jut noticed that he's written some stuff which for some reason surprised me. I never knew he was a writer.

Are you buying digital? There's really no need to pre-order if you are.

I'm too lazy to spend time buying them when they come out. Just wanna whip out my ipad pro and start reading. And plus I already know I'm gonna buy them so why not do it now, it's not like Comixology charges until release anyway.

TheFlow

Banned
sorry guys I know you answered this before but I forgot to bookmark the page I think.

before I read Darkseid war what do I read before it to get rdy?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Lazarus #21 ending... wow.

So could it be that
those flashbacks in the early issues... weren't really flashbacks?

Could be man. I never even thought of that.

It's almost time for a re-read. I'll have those scenes out a little more closely for clues as to when they take place.

Man, how did I miss this came out? I really need to start taking advantage of CMX's subscription service. Does anyone use that? Any complaints?

I use it for all my titles. Only minor complaint is that the notification e-mail saying they've charged you for your books doesn't tell you what books you actually bought. Not a huge deal though. Otherwise it's nice to roll out of bed on Wednesday mornings with all my book ready to DL on my iPad.

I'm too lazy to spend time buying them when they come out. Just wanna whip out my ipad pro and start reading. And plus I already know I'm gonna buy them so why not do it now, it's not like Comixology charges until release anyway.

Eh. Personally, I'd rather they not just charge me automatically for shit. I like to go through all the new books on new comic day and go through the checkout process so I have that final say in what I'm actually buying.

sorry guys I know you answered this before but I forgot to bookmark the page I think.

before I read Darkseid war what do I read before it to get rdy?

Honestly, I didn't really do anything special. I just bought the issues and started reading. As long as you have a bit of familiarity with the characters involved, you shouldn't feel the need to go out of your way.

Great story. I think there are supposed to be new chapters next week.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Men, I really want to read a good Superman Miniseries, but I have no idea what to buy.
The whole New Krypton Arc is super interesting, but its much right now.
Does anyone have a good recommention for a Trade?
Shouldnt be All Star Superman oder Secret Identity or A Superman for All Seasons...

Men, I really want to read a good Superman Miniseries, but I have no idea what to buy.
The whole New Krypton Arc is super interesting, but its much right now.
Does anyone have a good recommention for a Trade?
Shouldnt be All Star Superman oder Secret Identity or A Superman for All Seasons...

Wait for American Alien? Otherwise, Birthright's pretty good.

Power Man & Iron Fist is legit, you guys. First two issues were great stuff. I'm looking forward to more.

Finished the free Batman//Superman issue on Comixology from Loeb. I liked the opening where it their origin stories are told alongside each other. This portrayal of their relationship seems pretty cool as well. Might look into getting the trades.

Top Bottom