• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the free Batman//Superman issue on Comixology from Loeb. I liked the opening where it their origin stories are told alongside each other. This portrayal of their relationship seems pretty cool as well. Might look into getting the trades.

It gives an excellent night and day contrast.

Whereas in BvS it's more of a night and very late evening deal.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
sorry guys I know you answered this before but I forgot to bookmark the page I think.

before I read Darkseid war what do I read before it to get rdy?

Pretty sure you can just read Justice League. It's pretty self contained.

Falchion

Can any Daredevil readers fill in a gap for me? I just finished reading Volume 3 and 4 and it left off
with Matt in San Francisco working with Kirsten. Now he's back in New York but working as the City prosecutor with no explanation thus far about why he left and what happened to Kirsten. Also apparently his secret identify which was made public is now a secret again.

Is this all stuff that happened in Secret Wars? If so I guess I need to read it to catch me up.

Boogiepop

Nothing for me this week from IST. Which is always both simultaneously a good and bad feeling... (Good for saving money, bad because it's like "man, there's nothing here that I want to get excited about")

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This weekend I'm going to a convention where Tony Moore and Esad Ribic are signing. Time to get my Punisher omni signed. Other names I recognize but haven't read anything of are Jae Lee and June Chung. Full list of artists

Can any Daredevil readers fill in a gap for me? I just finished reading Volume 3 and 4 and it left off
with Matt in San Francisco working with Kirsten. Now he's back in New York but working as the City prosecutor with no explanation thus far about why he left and what happened to Kirsten. Also apparently his secret identify which was made public is now a secret again.

Is this all stuff that happened in Secret Wars? If so I guess I need to read it to catch me up.
None of that has been explained as far as I know. If someone else knows maybe they can chime in.

Busaiku

So I just got Batman and Robin (the New 52 one).
I know Damian dies in Batman Incorporated though, but will I need to get those issues to fill in some stuff, or does this run do a good job of making up for it?

Falchion

None of that has been explained as far as I know. If someone else knows maybe they can chime in.

Its not even explained there.

Wait for the Event Month, when Marvel fills the 6 month gap between SW and ANAD

Ok thanks, I didn't know about the All New All Different Marvel launch, I've just been sticking to individual characters' story arcs so I have no context of the broader Marvel universe. Sometime I'll have to go back and start reading the major events like Civil War, Secret Wars, and all the Avengers stuff.

Messi

I know Damian dies in Batman Incorporated though, but will I need to get those issues to fill in some stuff, or does this run do a good job of making up for it?

If you know he died you know enough for that run.

I know DC You is all light on continuity and everything but you'd think it'd be consistent within the same book. Or did I miss something in between Catwoman having a breakdown
when she found out Batman died and then going to Bruce for help in Catwoman 49? Did I miss her finding out he was still alive but then not knowing he doesn't remember?

HkYxDbO.jpg
I wasn't planning on buying Robin but I couldn't pass on Gleason's art.

tim1138

If you know he's dead that's all you need. The issue that immediately followed Damian's death was one of the best single issues of a comic I've read.

I know DC You is all light on continuity and everything but you'd think it'd be consistent within the same book. Or did I miss something in between Catwoman having a breakdown
when she found out Batman died and then going to Bruce for help in Catwoman 49? Did I miss her finding out he was still alive but then not knowing he doesn't remember?

That book is honestly a mess. I think that she just later found out he's alive, but I don't think the book explained it.

I wasn't planning on buying Robin but I couldn't pass on Gleason's art.

Excellent pickup.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
What is the screen size on the iPad? Mine's 10 inches and displays comics beautifully but I'm a greedy, spoilt brat who always wants more

EDIT: Woah, if you're reading them sideways, dual paged without needing to zoom in then it must be big

EDIT 2: £700!? Keep it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
What is the screen size on the iPad? Mine's 10 inches and displays comics beautifully but I'm a greedy, spoilt brat who always wants more

EDIT: Woah, if you're reading them sideways, dual paged without needing to zoom in then it must be big

12.9 inches. It's a monster.

Also a monster price at £700, could upgrade my gaming PC for cheaper than that :X

Oh, for sure. I got $250 off with a black Friday deal, which helped.

The one problem with the ipad pro is that it doesn't support background downloading. I still have around 500 comics left to download for trips, and you have to keep the screen on and looking at the comixology app or the download stops. And it will also randomly stop for no reason (then you have to restart app), so you can't just turn off sleep mode and forget about it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
you should read some jae lee man! Fantastic Four 1,2,3,4!

ooh Morrison. I had no idea he ever did a FF story. I'll definitely read it, thanks. Also ordered Up Up and Away, I can use good Superman stories after BvS :( It's been days and that movie's still haunting me

Messi

The one problem with the ipad pro is that it doesn't support background downloading. I still have around 500 comics left to download for trips, and you have to keep the screen on and looking at the comixology app or the download stops. And it will also randomly stop for no reason (then you have to restart app), so you can't just turn off sleep mode and forget about it.

Oh yes. The joy of the Comixology app. This shit needs to be fixed.

When the hell is shazaam getting his solo series.

Never, at this rate. When they released the Justice League back-ups as its own trade, the hardcover was called "Shazam Vol.1 HC". Then when they got around to releasing it in paperback, it became "Shazam TPB". So we're probably not getting one soon.

TheFlow

Banned
Never, at this rate. When they released the Justice League back-ups as its own trade, the hardcover was called "Shazam Vol.1 HC". Then when they got around to releasing it in paperback, it became "Shazam TPB". So we're probably not getting one soon.
:/. Rebirth would of been so perfect for him

I don't get why when both Shazam and Cyborg movies are coming out DC isn't doing anything with Shazam and Cyborg took 4 years after new 52 to get a solo. But Vibe and Katana got books lol.

Vyer

I want one too :(

Can't justify spending £800 to upgrade 2 inches

heheheheh

teehee

Seriously though, a 10" tablet is still very solid and I enjoyed reading on the Air 2 I had before. I stupidly broke the screen though on mine though.

The pro is very expensive too. Luckily Best Buy had the Pros on sale last week for $100 off, and the one near me had a like new open box for another 60 off, and I sold my broken iPad on eBay for like 250 off *and* I got a couple hundred for some computer work I did for a friend. Couldn't pass up at that point.

I hate double page spreads when I'm reading on a tablet. Have to go back and forward between the pages.

Anyone else have this problem?
That used to be a bit annoying. Then I joined went to the glorious iPad Pro and it's no longer an issue.

Best way to read comics. Digital or Print. No comparison

Top Bottom