• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

That Cyborg hate is savage. I gave his run a try and man was it mediocre and the dialogue iffy, but I'll still give his next one a few issues. If he's going to be part of the DC movies I feel I should at least get to the point where I don't despise him. He at least has a nice costume now.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
That Cyborg hate is savage. I gave his run a try and man was it mediocre and the dialogue iffy, but I'll still give his next one a few issues. If he's going to be part of the DC movies I feel I should at least get to the point where I don't despise him. He at least has a nice costume now.

I know that people have an attachment to him based on Teen Titans stuff, but is there any indication that his promotion to importance was anything more than a diversity play? Had he been doing anything interesting or successful before n52 started?

Messi

I have the 128gb. Even with not a ton downloaded I still have 18gbs of CMX comics on the device. And I like not worrying about space. I have 50gb still free.

With my current ipad I just keep what is unread downloaded and 1-4 of Sunstone (you never know when you might want to read it). But that is more due to space than want.

kmfdmpig

I know that people have an attachment to him based on Teen Titans stuff, but is there any indication that his promotion to importance was anything more than a diversity play? Had he been doing anything interesting or successful before n52 started?

I wonder what a successful Cyborg book would even look like. From everything I've seen Cyborg in he doesn't have much of a personality and that makes it a bit tough to figure out how to do a good book. He has somewhat interesting powers, but again it's hard to fashion a book based on those. Maybe a tech nerd writer that can write about the internet, technology, etc... without sounding like a fraud might work, but that's a fairly niche appeal.

With my current ipad I just keep what is unread downloaded and 1-4 of Sunstone (you never know when you might want to read it). But that is more due to space than want.
I used to have much more downloaded before the app improved with the cloud library browser. Otherwise I'd forget what series I had as it was tough to browse, that forced like 50gb downloaded. Now I don't have that so its not as critical. But 32gb is way to small. I don't see the point of the smaller sized pro. Go big or go home!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
teehee

Seriously though, a 10" tablet is still very solid and I enjoyed reading on the Air 2 I had before. I stupidly broke the screen though on mine though.

The pro is very expensive too. Luckily Best Buy had the Pros on sale last week for $100 off, and the one near me had a like new open box for another 60 off, and I sold my broken iPad on eBay for like 250 off *and* I got a couple hundred for some computer work I did for a friend. Couldn't pass up at that point.

Yeah the Air 2 is working great for me. With 128gb of memory it will be a couple of years at least before I run out of space. That is if I don't break the screen first.

I'm contemplating it.

If I can get $1300 for my Macbook, I'll probably pick up an iPad Pro as a replacement.
Oh it's a crazy purchase but now I couldn't go to anything else. It's also my laptop replacement for everything around the house. When I need to do serious keyboard work I go to my desktop PC

One of the best parts is it instantly upgraded my whole CMX library to OHC/Library edition sized comics. No need to ever double dip. I have a ton to read and just wait for the killer sales

Mitch

Banned
Oh it's a crazy purchase but now I couldn't go to anything else. It's also my laptop replacement for everything around the house. When I need to do serious keyboard work I go to my desktop PC

One of the best parts is it instantly upgraded my whole CMX library to OHC/Library edition sized comics. No need to ever double dip. I have a ton to read and just wait for the killer sales
Doing that just seems so great. Right now my laptop is my work computer, the machine I use Skype on to talk to my girlfriend and something to use for Netflix while in bed.

I'm moving in 2 weeks, so I really won't need it. If I need to do some actual sit down PC work, it'll be on my desktop that I built 3 1/2 years ago.

I currently have 1 full longbox of DC comics and another half full, which is mainly Marvel. Part of me still wants to collect the physical copies, because I really love stopping by the local comic shop to pick up new releases and the bag/boarding process.

Yet it would be such a better way to organize everything, since it takes up zero space.

Definitely something I'll be thinking about over the next month or so.

Yea the other nice thing is the pro has a big enough view space that the multi app function is worth it. So I can browse and have the message panel on the side and see both easily. Or throw netflix onto my tv via chrome cast and do a couple other things on the device. Cool stuff. Just takes a day or two to get used to the size. But now I pick up my old (broken) air 2 and think "it's so tiny!"

Alright I'll stop now :).

Oh yea I got my ps4 VR pre ordered today. Looks fun

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Yea the other nice thing is the pro has a big enough view space that the multi app function is worth it. So I can browse and have the message panel on the side and see both easily. Or throw netflix onto my tv via chrome cast and do a couple other things on the device. Cool stuff. Just takes a day or two to get used to the size. But now I pick up my old (broken) air 2 and think "it's so tiny!"

Alright I'll stop now :).

Oh yea I got my ps4 VR pre ordered today. Looks fun

Hulu in picture in picture while browsing gaf/twitter/feedly is my current biggest use after comics.

Mitch

Banned
Well until then, I am going to pick up a couple comics tomorrow on my way to class.

Even though I haven't read Batman since #11 or so, I really want to pick up #50. So hopefully my local shop has that and a few issues of the new Old Man Logan.

Hulu in picture in picture while browsing gaf/twitter/feedly is my current biggest use after comics.
I'd get so much use out of that feature...

Mitch

Banned
Once I move I'll start up my comic reading again. There's a local shop 2 miles away from my place, so it'll be a frequent stop.

Top Bottom