• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Humble Bufy / Angel comic bundle

are those any good? Im a huge fan of the shows

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
shiiiiiiiiii, but nice on the job

good luck on your travels mate

Thanks man! And I'm sure I'll catch you around at some Comic Con again someday. We will reunite.

Kipp! Kipp!

>>>horray!<<<

Woo woo!

We need FilthySlug too. Good luck tearing him away from FancyPaperGAF, though. They're even absorbing Ed these days.

I'll be living near-ish FilthySlug, so I'll be able to physically force him back into the thread.

...Maybe I'll be able to force that photo of me and him out of him too.

Mitch

Banned
So many games and DLC is coming out right now, Comics are dead.
Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 4 are the only games I'm really waiting on, so I have some time to get into more comics.

Are we even sure if Channing Tatum is still attached or not? I forget which announcement was last.
Not sure anymore.

Shooting is delayed right now IIRC. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but I thought he cut ties with the production due to script issues or something. I'd need to look it up again.

Interfectum

Caught up on the new Invincible Iron Man. It's gone from okay to meh. Hopefully it picks up with Spidey.

I'm liking Old Man Logan so far.

The trailers haven't been good but Singer tends to make decent films. I liked DOFP a lot, though the trailers for DOFP were a lot better than the Apocalypse trailers.

Not looking forward to Sophie Turner's American accent for 2 hours though.

Mitch

Banned
DOFP dragged on at times, but I enjoyed it a lot more than First Class.

As far as Apocalypse goes, my expectations aren't too high. None of the trailers have done anything for me.

Mitch

Banned
I'll follow you guys. Need more people who talk about comics and not politics.

You can follow me @ServbotMitch. Don't tweet a lot, but when I do it's about beer, WoW, general gaming and random nonsense.

PsychBat!

Banned
white-kid-dance-club.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Next Up Shazam: Monster Society of Evil.
Was super excited for Shazam... But the Kid Part of his character killed it immeadiatlyy its so golden Age... Man.

Ponn

Banned
I was about to start reading my Secret Wars HC but I know there was quite a bit of build up to this event prior that I didn't read. Should I pick up an Infinity collection and read that first? I don't remember any real feedback on that event one or the other but I remember it tying into the whole overall storyline that ended with Secret Wars.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was about to start reading my Secret Wars HC but I know there was quite a bit of build up to this event prior that I didn't read. Should I pick up an Infinity collection and read that first? I don't remember any real feedback on that event one or the other but I remember it tying into the whole overall storyline that ended with Secret Wars.
If you really want to go that route, read everything by Hickman what is Avengers... Also Fantastic Four/Future Foundation if you want to go the long route.

It's a lot of reading, but I went back and read Hickman's Avengers before starting SW and it definitely felt more satisfying than if I'd jumped straight in.

You might want to read up on it a bit even if you don't fancy reading it.

Ponn

Banned
If you really want to go that route, read everything by Hickman what is Avengers... Also Fantastic Four/Future Foundation if you want to go the long route.

I just saw the Avengers Time Runs Out collection up for preorder and thought that was odd to be coming out now after Secret Wars. I've already read alot of Hickman Fantastic Four but not alot of the Future Foundation stuff. I was actually thinking about picking up the Hickman FF Omnibus vol. 2 since its still available and covers almost all of that stuff I didn't get to.

It's a lot of reading, but I went back and read Hickman's Avengers before starting SW and it definitely felt more satisfying than if I'd jumped straight in.

You might want to read up on it a bit even if you don't fancy reading it.

Ok thanks, yup thats me. I will hold off then and pick up that Avengers collection and get Infinity and that FF Omnibus.

Weiss

Banned
Maybe the Gambit movie will inspire a reissue of the Asmus/Mann Gambit series because I want it so bad but Vol. 1 is out of print.

I have the first collection of his late 90s ongoing, and it's basically why Gambit never lasts long on his own; it's boring, plodding and totally monotonous. Maybe the latter half of the series is better.

The mid-00s Layman series was good, though.

Also: X-Men 92! X-Men 92! Everyone buy it because it's awesome!

Top Bottom