• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Do you think that DC's 2.99 push will knock Marvel's prices down?

Also, do we know the page count of DC's books that are going twice monthly?

Same page count.

And probably not unless they start seriously making up the difference in marketshare, and that share comes out of Marvel's slice of the pie. Otherwise, no.

Do you think that DC's 2.99 push will knock Marvel's prices down?

Also, do we know the page count of DC's books that are going twice monthly?
Marvel's been $3.99 for years now, even on books that were shipping twice monthly, or thrice if you're Spidey and they're always winning, so they'd have no reason to.

Owzers

This PS4K thing really killed a lot of hype for the upcoming games for me.

My ps4 launchish model is LOUD and i wanted to buy a slim model that's quiet, so on one hand why not have it be an actual upgrade ( presuming it's quieter) if i'm going to buy one anyways?

On the other hand this kinda sucks for console gaming? That PS4 Remastered fake box art in that thread is perfect, i feel like the PS4 has done almost nothing so far and it's possibly getting an upgrade?

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Same page count.

And probably not unless they start seriously making up the difference in marketshare, and that share comes out of Marvel's slice of the pie. Otherwise, no.

Marvel's been $3.99 for years now, even on books that were shipping twice monthly, or thrice if you're Spidey and they're always winning, so they'd have no reason to.

That all makes sense. Cool about the page count too.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I was hoping it would end up being fake. I'm not sure how it'll shake out performance wise in games, but right now I'm feeling pretty damn burned by Sony.

My ps4 launchish model is LOUD and i wanted to buy a slim model that's quiet, so on one hand why not have it be an actual upgrade ( presuming it's quieter) if i'm going to buy one anyways?

On the other hand this kinda sucks for console gaming? That PS4 Remastered fake box art in that thread is perfect, i feel like the PS4 has done almost nothing so far and it's possibly getting an upgrade?

The problem is, I am starting almost to considering buying it when its only 400€, because I buy next month a 4k TV and it would just fit and I want good playable games.
But I dont want to :(

I hope this is going to be a fake. They can make a 4K Revision with Nextflix compantiblity and build in VR box if they want, but not that exteeme Hardware upgrade :(

I haven't touched my PS4 for a while, but this news makes me want to sell it and stick with PC. Plus they're charging more for it than the original PS4 which might be a rumor, but would strike me as strange if true

I think it does suck for console gaming, it doesn't give anyone outside of the most passionate a reason to buy a future console at launch and is doing a wonderful job at making me wonder if it's even worth sticking with.

VanWinkle

I'm MAD about the PS4K thing. Now I will have an outdated Playstation because Sony felt like three years was long enough for the PS4. I mean, look at Uncharted 4. Clearly PS4 is capable of amazing things, so why do this? Why make your three year old console outdated so fast?

I just think it's a dumb move and probably centered around VR, being that the PS4 isn't powerful enough to give a great experience with that thing.

It's a strange decision. Hopefully not a return to Sony's early PS3 era arrogance.
Hardto say Sony is being arrogant when Microsoft is all but confirmed to be doing the same thing soon.

It would be great if they had some type of rebate program for existing owners, but I don't see it happening.

Owzers

I liked Hateful Eight a lot, one of those " oh hey there are still good movies that i see occasionally" feelings.

I finished Daredevil season 2, i don't really have any strong feelings about it after watching the last few episodes, almost felt like the season was over after episode 4 even though it didn't build very well. I did like the
Wilson Fisk parts, who was my favorite role in the first movie. I dont' care about Nobu at all and how Frank's story played out was dismal.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I liked Hateful Eight a lot, one of those " oh hey there are still good movies that i see occasionally" feelings.

I finished Daredevil season 2, i don't really have any strong feelings about it after watching the last few episodes, almost felt like the season was over after episode 4 even though it didn't build very well. I did like the
Wilson Fisk parts, who was my favorite role in the first movie. I dont' care about Nobu at all and how Frank's story played out was dismal.
I was like YOOOOOOO when
Fisk reappered
out of the nowhere.

I dunno. I loved the season and especially the whole Nina The Hand Demon thing.

Hateful Eight was good, even if it was a slow movie. I have a copy at bestbuy I ordered I need to pick up.

Mitch

Banned
Little disappointed with my local shop's selection. Left with Daredevil #1 and Suiciders King of HELL.A. #1, which was just a random Vertigo pick.

They had zero Old Man Logan.

shingi70

Banned
The PS4K really isn't surprising to me, the Xbox One is rumored to be doing the same thing as well.

Seems like this could be a wrong move in the long run, but who knows.

The PS4K really isn't surprising to me, the Xbox One is rumored to be doing the same thing as well.

Seems like this could be a wrong move in the long run, but who knows.
I think it's fine as long as they only do it once in the console gen, and of course everything is unified and supported between the two consoles (which it will). It's a change but people feeling slighted that someone is playing a smoother/enhanced version of a game than the launch PS4 is crazy. 90% of the games are also on PC and perform better. It's the same thing

Mitch

Banned
I watched this last night. What a ride that was. I found myself laughing a lot, mainly due to Sam Jackson's character. Also the Sheriff.

@PS4K - Bought my PS4 in early 2014 and I've barely used it. I could see myself buying one if it came out around Holiday 2017.

Vyer

Black Science was really good. First issue in a while that felt like a 'payoff' of any kind from the setup the series has built. And man, it was a hell of a payoff.

I'm not reading as many comics as I did, but I had to come in and express my immense joy at the last page of this week's MTMTE.

That's up next. I had to catch up with the last 3 issues. sogood

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I'd probably be pissed about the PS4K thing if I still played games on a regular basis. But all I've really played in the last year is Destiny and it has gotten boring to play by myself.

Top Bottom