• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yup. I'm done.

Already have a massively waining interest in gaming. If this is true then I'll probably just hop off.

I don't think I've ever been less interested in gaming than I am now, slowly but surely losing interest. This PS4k/XB1.5 stuff might be the final nail in the coffin for me.

Mitch

Banned
If I played more often, I'd consider trading my PS4 and putting the money towards the K. Once I move, I really don't see myself gaming much.

Owzers

I feel like i'm going to be stuck reading paper comics while everyone is living a 4k PSVR world. I don't want to throw that kind of money chasing new tech, i like my 1080p lcd, i returned 5 tvs before deciding on this one, and i made the best buy clerk check the model numbers so i'd get the right panel. I don't wanna do that again for a really expensive 4k tv.

And if you are the best buy person reading this, yeah that was me and we won, the tv is great, thanks.

Vyer

I'm not reading as many comics as I did, but I had to come in and express my immense joy at the last page of this week's MTMTE.

....and I just read it. I think I literally gave a 'fuck yeah!' at the last page.

please don't kill Ten

51 issues now. There aren't too many series I have found to stay pretty consistently high quality for that long, but MTMTE is definitely one of them.

Oh.

So who cares? If all the games are forwards compatible, you're not missing anything.
It's disrupting console gaming conventions. Some don't like others on a ps4 getting a better experience. Others fear they'll get worse performing games on ps4. Which I think is crazy. Like any dev will actively short change a 40mil user base. That's like saying PC gaming is holding back ps4 dev. Or ps4 will hold back Xbox one.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Oh.

So who cares? If all the games are forwards compatible, you're not missing anything.

That's the ideal, but it's hard to know how it will work in practice. Look at how the 3DS runs Hyrule Legends compared to the New 3DS.

EDIT: That may not be the best example. I'm just worried that if I don't upgrade I won't get good experiences anymore.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
....and I just read it. I think I literally gave a 'fuck yeah!' at the last page.

please don't kill Ten

51 issues now. There aren't too many series I have found to stay pretty consistently high quality for that long, but MTMTE is definitely one of them.

#HYPE

I need to catch up.

Slowly catching up on Marvel & DC. When was the latest Standoff issue for Steve
"coming back"?

It's disrupting console gaming conventions. Some don't like others on a ps4 getting a better experience. Others fear they'll get worse performing games on ps4. Which I think is crazy. Like any dev will actively short change a 40mil user base. That's like saying PC gaming is holding back ps4 dev. Or ps4 will hold back Xbox one.

Yeah, that strikes me as somewhat nuts. There's... I guess there's a possibility that depending on how the architecture works, the PS4k games won't be as optimized for PS4, but they're gonna run acceptably. If anything it'll be the other way around, with them working first to optimize it for the PS4, then later playing catchup on the PS4k and hoping the brute power will smooth over any deficiencies.

On that front I think MS will handle it a little better, since they've got a system setup for one codebase across all devices. But there's certainly no reason to think that Sony's going to handle it poorly.

That's the ideal, but it's hard to know how it will work in practice. Look at how the 3DS runs Hyrule Legends compared to the New 3DS.

I straight up have no idea how that comparison plays out, lol.

Poorly I'd guess from context. That could be Ninty being Ninty, though.

Vyer

Oh.

What this is really doing is shortening the console lifecycle. Sony's been hovering around 6 or 7 years, current rumors would peg this at about 3 or 4.

Yes, there's the forward compatibility, but a period of time where games try or bridge the gap between separate consoles always happens. Current rumors also peg the upgrade at like twice as powerful as the current system. That would be rather considerable differences. Games will start to focus on that quickly enough. Because if they don't it doesnt bode well for the new system. If you're fine with this shortening of the cycle that's understandable, but likewise I completely understand why people would be unhappy.

Personally I'm not sure how it benefits the industry. but I guess we'll see.

Owzers

I hope Kingdom Hearts 3 is PS4k exclusive and ideally Zelda gets canned on Wii U and moved exclusively to NX. Let it all burn.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I straight up have no idea how that comparison plays out, lol.

Poorly I'd guess from context. That could be Ninty being Ninty, though.

Basically they said that Hyrule Legends would be optimized on New 3DS and would work fine on normal 3DS (like they're saying will happen with PS4K optimized games on a normal PS4). In reality, though, the game is practically unplayable on a normal 3DS. I'm worried the same thing will happen with the PS4K.

Mindwipe

This week's reading - The Dark Knight Strikes Again. The bad rep this has is probably underserved. Yes, it's less interesting than the TDKR in every way, but it's still interesting.

Black Science is a title I've seen mentioned quite a bit around the forum.

Worth getting into?
Black Science is good, it's probably my least favorite of his 4 series, but still very good.

I hope Kingdom Hearts 3 is PS4k exclusive and ideally Zelda gets canned on Wii U and moved exclusively to NX. Let it all burn.
You're a bad person, but at this point I doubt I'd be that bothered.

Top Bottom