• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Owzers

Black Science is good, it's probably my least favorite of his 4 series, but still very good.

You're a bad person, but at this point I doubt I'd be that bothered.
I think my gaming enjoyment ended with the last guardian, it summarized my year by year gaming disappointment.

shingi70

Banned
3664751-jpeg.jpg

greatvalue1.png

Mitch

Banned
Black Science is good, it's probably my least favorite of his 4 series, but still very good.
Too bad the hardcover collection apparently has really low quality binding.

How would you rank his other series? I'm assuming they're Low, Tokyo Ghost and Deadly Class.

Messi

Too bad the hardcover collection apparently has really low quality binding.

How would you rank his other series? I'm assuming they're Low, Tokyo Ghost and Deadly Class.

1. Low/Deadly Class (both are top notch)
2. Tokyo Ghost
3. Black Science

I read that Bloodshot thing that was free.

It was okay, I guess.

Quantum & Woody just isn't very funny though.

I still want to read the 'verse at some point.

Bloodshot Reborn, you'd probably enjoy it if you read a bit more. Q&W's humor... I guess it's not for everyone. No worries.

I'll hit you up on rumblr sometime next week

Mitch

Banned
1. Low/Deadly Class (both are top notch)
2. Tokyo Ghost
3. Black Science

This is how I'd rank them too. I really have trouble picking between Low and Deadly Class, both have been so great issue after issue.
Once I get through Saga, I'll start on these 4. Low does look stellar. The art in Black Science is what really caught my interest. I've got a lot of reading to do.

That's really just you. There's literally nothing wrong with their designs.

Yeah, most of them look pretty good. I'm actually quite fond of Bloodshot's, and I've got a soft spot for plainclothes types.

XO is... interesting. I'm not fond of him in that pic up there, but I've seen others that work. I'm not huge on the "muscle fibers" look for armor as a rule, though.

Hey Poodle what's your gamertag?

Poodlestrike.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Ah, I haven't read any Valiant since before Valiant next started, Kinda hoping for another humble Bundle to catch up.

Imperium in particular has been brilliant. Definitely do so during a bundle or if you can snag them on the cheap.

XO Manowar is the only one I'm not a fan of design-wise.

The only one I wasn't fond of was Aja's Ivar design; he basically looked like a red-headed Constantine. I'm glad they didn't go with that one.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Speaking of Imperium (but not really), anyone picking up Empress #1 next week? I'm always up for a new Millar book.

Nope. Maybe if it were on going but Millar can keep his mini's.

What bothers me about Valiant is their character designs look either bland or terrible. XO Manowar in particular looks sooooooooooo bad

Yep that has always been my problem with Valiant too.

Let's see. There's Jean Grey, Nightwing, Albino Punisher, Armor-less Tony Stark, Danger Girl.... I think I also see Black Alice and Hyperion.

I'll be honest, it isn't great.

Which is super frustrating since it was pushed as being a high quality collection. Absolute sized and everything.

Considering David Aja designed most of them, I don't think they were that bad in concept. They probably got a little too video gamey with XO Manowar tho.

Nah, I think XO is one of the few that look unique.

Which is super frustrating since it was pushed as being a high quality collection. Absolute sized and everything.

Wait, what? It certainly isn't Absolute-sized. It's bigger than even the larger Image Hardcovers (Noah, I Kill Giants), but it's still smaller than an Absolute.

styl3s

Maybe the Gambit movie will inspire a reissue of the Asmus/Mann Gambit series because I want it so bad but Vol. 1 is out of print.

I have the first collection of his late 90s ongoing, and it's basically why Gambit never lasts long on his own; it's boring, plodding and totally monotonous. Maybe the latter half of the series is better.

The mid-00s Layman series was good, though.

Also: X-Men 92! X-Men 92! Everyone buy it because it's awesome!
Unless they put Morph in X-Men 92 i will never buy another issue.

How you gonna screw morph out of 92 AND Age of Apocalypse in Secret Wars

Nah, I think XO is one of the few that look unique.

Wait, what? It certainly isn't Absolute-sized. It's bigger than even the larger Image Hardcovers (Noah, I Kill Giants), but it's still smaller than an Absolute.

Errr, it most certainly is Absolute sized. It's maybe .25 cm shorter than one, which is basically no difference.

Mitch

Banned
Definitely in for Black Panther and Empress. I e-mailed my LCS to see if they could order Old Man Logan 1-3 and hold #4 for me as well.

Top Bottom