• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

tim1138

In the most recent issue of Batgirl there is a page that can be interpreted as retconing the Killing Joke. The book doesn't say one way out another, and after some tweets by the creative team on Wednesday endorsing this view, Cameron Stewart did some major backpedaling this morning saying it was up to the reader to make of it what they will and that it was purposefully ambiguous.
Here's the page if y'all are interested - http://i.imgur.com/p3fokya.jpg

As much as I love Babs Tarr's art, I think Batgirl is due for a creative shake up. The book feels like its been shining its wheels since the first arc ended with issue 40. I wouldn't mind seeing Stewart stick around on pencils, but the writing needs some direction.

I bought some physical comics while I was gone:

Secret Six vol 2
Catwoman vol 7
Harley and Power Girl TP
Bombshells Vol 1
Supergirl - The Girl of Steel Vol 1
Black Canary Vol 1
Criminal Vol 1 (I really enjoyed The Fade Out so I hope this is good)
Superior Foes Omnibus

How did I do?

I am ready plus i'm betting Fletcher is on Birds of Prey.

Btw, Babs, Fletcher and Stewart were all announced for Image Expo together...

Ya did good kid.

tim1138

I saw you posting yesterday in the "Conor and Holly got wrecked" thread. ;)

"No more Hipsters."

I have no issue with the Burnside stuff at all, Batgirl on her own away from Gotham and Batman's rogues was a great decision. They just need stories that aren't about Babs questioning whether her mind is breaking down or not - the first arc was the rogue AI from her brain scan, this arc it's some dude implanting false memories. They've made her a one trick pony whose sole defining characteristic is her eidetic memory.

I have no issue with the Burnside stuff at all, Batgirl on her own away from Gotham and Batman's rogues was a great decision. They just need stories that aren't about Babs questioning whether her mind is breaking down or not - the first arc was the rogue AI from her brain scan, this arc it's some dude implanting false memories. They've made her a one trick pony whose sole defining characteristic is her eidetic memory.

Hipster Batgirl has been all about the modern age, so everything is technology related. I'm really not surprised.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My "list" for this week.......

STK699355.jpg

Messi

Did you check out the Felix Comic Art sale?

I did but I can't afford to pull the trigger yet. Maybe before the sale ends.

I want 2 of the garry brown Bombshell pages and a Chiang Black Canary page.

I saw you posting yesterday in the "Conor and Holly got wrecked" thread. ;)

"No more Hipsters."

That was 6am this morning. But yes I will admit to being a bit stressed by this thread and thats why I dropped out.

VanWinkle

I bought some physical comics while I was gone:

Secret Six vol 2
Catwoman vol 7
Harley and Power Girl TP
Bombshells Vol 1
Supergirl - The Girl of Steel Vol 1
Black Canary Vol 1
Criminal Vol 1 (I really enjoyed The Fade Out so I hope this is good)
Superior Foes Omnibus

How did I do?

I am ready plus i'm betting Fletcher is on Birds of Prey.

Btw, Babs, Fletcher and Stewart were all announced for Image Expo together...

That's a GREAT haul. I myself am currently waiting for Bombshells and Black Canary to get here, which should be tomorrow. I also got Martian Manhunter Vol 1 (came frome Amazon; LOVING it), Uncanny Xmen OHC Vol 1, Inhumans OHC (just came out) and a few other things.

I'm really looking forward to people's impressions of Bombshells, but it got a little weak for a while so I'm also sort of nervous 'cause I don't know what issues the first volume covers, lol.

trying to remember the name of an indie comic where the dude in the cover was a secret agent of sorts with an eyepatch. Came out last year (or in 2014) and was in black and white, cartoonish. Think it had the name of a flower or whatever. Any ideas?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was told Messi was gone forever

I see Messi

I am not pleased, waifu stealing bastard

Messi, we gotta talk. I'm current on the new volumes of Red Sonja, Dejah Thoris, and Vampirella. So far, Red Sonja is the only one I feel is worth continuing. Granted, they're all only a one or two issues in, but Dejah and Vampirella felt very average to me. I wanted to like them more, but mediocre is mediocre. How did you feel about them?

JTripper

Too many omnibuses/omnibii releasing in the next month or so. I'm only getting the Neal Adams Batman omnibus as of now but eventually I'll need to pick up the Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3 omnibus since I have the first two. Hopefully it doesn't go out of print quickly.

Messi

Messi, we gotta talk. I'm current on the new volumes of Red Sonja, Dejah Thoris, and Vampirella. So far, Red Sonja is the only one I feel is worth continuing. Granted, they're all only a one or two issues in, but Dejah and Vampirella felt very average to me. I wanted to like them more, but mediocre is mediocre. How did you feel about them?

I liked all of them and am giving them one arc.

VanWinkle

http://i.imgur.com/qJzashI.jpg

Classic Superman.

Too many omnibuses/omnibii releasing in the next month or so. I'm only getting the Neal Adams Batman omnibus as of now but eventually I'll need to pick up the Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3 omnibus since I have the first two. Hopefully it doesn't go out of print quickly.

I'm getting the Neal Adams omnibus, too. I'm pretty excited about it, though I'm unsure of how I'll take to the older writing style.

Top Bottom