• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

VanWinkle

Watching The Flashpoint Paradox movie, and man it's crazy. :eek: I haven't read Flashpoint so all of these plotpoints are new to me.

War was ok, I liked the animation and seeing Shazam in the league. The action is great. I think a jokester on the league makes a difference, Wally in TAS helped make the team complete.

Downsides is Darkseid being dumb generic monster and Wonder Woman's airhead personality, I didn't care for her voice actor either. I can buy a cocky Superman and reckless Hal, this is the beginning of their careers.

I hope we get Forever Evil and Darkseid War, I wish Batman movies didn't take up 2/3rds of the movie slots per year. I miss the little showcase animations they did that highlighted b & c stringers.

This....this right here....

Dude I'm pissed that the next Justice League film looks like a a Damien spotlight film.

tumblr_nlh3olZjyb1qlqsnio1_500-1430494442.gif

Dude I'm pissed that the next Justice League film looks like a a Damien spotlight film.

Apparently there's only 4 leaguers in the story and they're mind controlled :|.

I hope this leads into forever evil with a pandora's box or whatever. I could see why they didn't adapt Trinity War because it is a messy story without a lot of lead up.

Wait Messi really left?

For now. I'm sure he'll be back. We can blame it on March Madness.

Birdie left 'cause he got sick of our cynicism.

Shitty comics are shitty comics. Sorry.

Watching Justice League War on Netflix. It's actually pretty awesome. It's clearly based on Justice League Vol 1: Origin, but it's quite a bit better than that. Not quite as focused on everybody being jerks for no reason.

My only qualm thus far is some of the voice acting. Particularly the Flash, Cyborg (why does he sound like 40 lol), and Batman. I am not a Kevin Conroy fan, so I don't care that Batman doesn't sound like that, but I don't like this voice either.

A lot of the voice acting was terrible. There was no inflection in 90% of it. Maybe next time they should hire real voice actors instead of rounding up the maintenance crew and a few hobos.

Kipp is doing life at Rikers tho.

This is what Godzilla Monsterarts lead to.

According to Cameron nothing was retconned from the latest issue of Batgirl. Everything is open for interpretation.

Soft retcon? It never happened if you don't want it to have happened, it happened if you want it to have happened, and we're never going to address it again.

According to Cameron nothing was retconned from the latest issue of Batgirl. Everything is open for interpretation.

"Pls take from it what you want we're everything to everyone. This is a delicious pizza with infinite toppings and the flavor is whatever you want it to be."

ElNarez

Banned
I still don't know how you could read it as a retcon, in that context, with the way that information is laid out.

I wanna purge that story from the Canon as much as the next person, but, that's not how you'd make that look like if you were gonna do it.

I still don't know how you could read it as a retcon, in that context, with the way that information is laid out.

I wanna purge that story from the Canon as much as the next person, but, that's not how you'd make that look like if you were gonna do it.

Yeah I don't really see how that conclusion was drawn myself either.

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers #1
Pretty good start. Art is still good, and I like the modern touches to a very 90's property. I also like where the story's at. Hopefully we'll see some really good fights next issue. Adventures of Bulk and Skull is top tier.

Joe Golem: Occult Detective #5
A strong finale to good book. Sets up perfectly for the illustrated novel, as
the metallic heart is a plot device for the book, and the dude that it's given to is a major character
. Overall a really good series, and a high recommendation for anyone who likes anything Mignola.

Midnighter #10
Goddamnit Floyd why are you so garbage? And since when did Parasite do AAAAAAAANYTHING of note? Holy shit.

Uncanny X-Men #4
Oh boy look at the plot line. It's right over there. See it? Just follow it. No it's just as boring as you thought.
Any pizza with infinite toppings contains anchovies so I'm pretty sure that's what the flavor is.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

shingi70

Banned
Apparently there's only 4 leaguers in the story and they're mind controlled :|.

I hope this leads into forever evil with a pandora's box or whatever. I could see why they didn't adapt Trinity War because it is a messy story without a lot of lead up.

Hrone of Atlantis ended with what looked like Ana adaption of Forever Evil of Sucidie Squad.

Messi

I left for a bit, I seen the outside world, I cleared my head/anxieties, went to the dentist and read lots of comic books. I am back and ready to stop reading comic books again.

Black Widow #1: Holy fuck.

I left for a bit, I seen the outside world, I cleared my head/anxieties, went to the dentist and read lots of comic books. I am back and ready to stop reading comic books again.

Black Widow #1: Holy fuck.

Glad you're feeling better pal. Nice to have you back.

Just finished Rachel Rising #39. It's hard to stop reading this lol. Really enjoying this arc so far and it's nice to see a lot of the characters develop in their own ways as the series progresses. Hard to believe it ends in two issues.

Messi

Glad you're feeling better pal. Nice to have you back.

Just finished Rachel Rising #39. It's hard to stop reading this lol. Really enjoying this arc so far and it's nice to see a lot of the characters develop in their own ways as the series progresses. Hard to believe it ends in two issues.

giphy.gif

Glad you picked up Rachel Rising and are enjoying it. I think it is incredible. I believe Strangers in Paradise is even better but it loses the horror angle. Still an incredible story and Terry's art is so good in it.

Glad you picked up Rachel Rising and are enjoying it. I think it is incredible. I believe Strangers in Paradise is even better but it loses the horror angle. Still an incredible story and Terry's art is so good in it.

Yeah I had the first four trades and started it late last year but the CMX sale got me back into it. Really great series.

I want to check out SiP down the line for sure.

Messi

I bought some physical comics while I was gone:

Secret Six vol 2
Catwoman vol 7
Harley and Power Girl TP
Bombshells Vol 1
Supergirl - The Girl of Steel Vol 1
Black Canary Vol 1
Criminal Vol 1 (I really enjoyed The Fade Out so I hope this is good)
Superior Foes Omnibus

How did I do?
I'm just as curious. I skipped out on the last couple issues. But I think the creative team is leaving. Babs Tarr being scheduled for Image Expo and Rebirth coming up is heavily indicative of this.

I am ready plus i'm betting Fletcher is on Birds of Prey.

Btw, Babs, Fletcher and Stewart were all announced for Image Expo together...

Zombine

Banned
You guys really need to check out the Vampirella Archives. They contain some of the best art you will ever see in your entire lives. The Jose Gonzalez stuff is incredible.

Top Bottom