• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

JTripper

I'm getting the Neal Adams omnibus, too. I'm pretty excited about it, though I'm unsure of how I'll take to the older writing style.

Me too. It honestly took me a while to even get used to reading stuff from the 80s/90s that wasn't essential Batman reading. I'll definitely give the omnibus a read but I'm mostly getting it for historical significance and collecting purposes.

Messi, did you see this new Harley from Diamond Select?

2016-03-05-88.png

VanWinkle

Me too. It honestly took me a while to even get used to reading stuff from the 80s/90s that wasn't essential Batman reading. I'll definitely give the omnibus a read but I'm mostly getting it for historical significance and collecting purposes.

Yeah, same. I was looking through some of the art (since it contains the three volumes of Batman Illustrated by Neal Adams) and it's really great and holds up well. I'm just hoping I'll enjoy it for more than just the art, but we'll see.

shingi70

Banned
Batgirl is my favorite book but I have to agree with Tim.that the memory thing is pretty one note which sucks seeing as there's a lot you can pull from with Burnside as a setting.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hope Push begins, fuck you Edgar Wright

Wait Hope exists in the comics?

Also, more catching up:

SHIELD #7 - Awful issue, easily the worst so far and by far the most tie-in-y with the show. Shit story with Quake getting sick because of her inhuman gene (ugh) and them going to Htde for help on a cure. What the fuck was Waid doing in the book, it could have been written by a monkey. Why am I reading this? Oh and the art was horrible to top it off.

SHIELD #8 - Well at least the art is much better in this one (its quite good in fact), and so is the story in fact. Mockingbird focused issue and she and May (the one from the show, guess shes canon now) investigate kids being turned into monsters. Decent issue, but it still feels like a completely unnecessary tie-in.

I ask again, why am I reading this...I need to learn how to drop shit. In fact, ill do that right now.

Messi

Don't call it a comeback List:

Batman & Robin Eternal #23
Catwoman #50
Detective Comics #50
Earth 2 Society #10
Gotham Academy #16
New Romancer #4
New Suicide Squad #18
Starfire #10

Shutter #19

Agents of SHIELD #3
All-New Wolverine #6
Amazing Spiderman #9
Doctor Strange #6
Guardians of the Galaxy #6
Howard The Duck #5
Mighty Thor #5
Mockingbird #1
Ms. Marvel #5
Rocket and Groot #3
Spider-Gwen #6
Spiderman 2099 #8
Spiderman Deadpool #3
Uncanny Avengers #7
Vision #5
Weirdworld #4

Insexts #4
Kennel Block Blues #2

Quiet week for image but still good regardless.

Messi

It absolutely is and I look at it every day.

One day I will steal it and sell it back to you panel by panel.

--

I read the first 7 issues of Giant Days. This book is lovely and delightful and full of life. Get it. There is not one evil thing about it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Secret Wars catch up!

Old Man Logan #2 - yo that Sorrentino art tho. Anyway, this seems like its going to be one of the least self contained tie ins in Secret Wars since it bleeds into other "universes" of battleworld, in this case the Age of Apocalypse one. Putting aside the fact that Sabretooth is a bad guy in this but he was a x-men in the OG series (I guess I need to read more of the actual AoA tie in), I continue to enjoy this, especially since we know Logan ends up in the 616 after secret wars.

Infinity Gauntlet #2 - This continues to be a weird book and not what I expected. Thanos finally shows up but its in the future (only this pocket of battleworld's future I guess...best not think too much about it), where he keeps fighting and failing against some mystery Nova. Meanwhile the Nova family is reunited and they all get Nova powers. Even the dog. Nova dog. This is a weird book. Im kinda into. Art continues to be great also.

Nova Dog tho

zig.png

Rhaknar

So is this Eve lady and her family supposed to be someone we know in the MU or is she just a new character for this book? This is a weird book lile I said and this is bothering me lol

PsychBat!

Banned
Infinity Gauntlet is the best tie-in in Secret Wars. Siege is a close second.

But no, they're new characters for this story.

Right.

Uber.

Y'know how The Boys ended up being mostly shite because ennis just couldn't help himself?

Uber is the other way around. Surprisingly similar comic, in a way. Just... better. In nearly every single regard.

kudos to gillen. Eagerly awaiting Uber Invasion this year.

Messi buying 99 books a month and still looking for more. The industry would surely collapse without him.

I'm bad about this too. I buy a lot of trades and don't read them, and I keep asking for more. :(

I'm trying to fix that more. I marathoned through all of Rachel Rising and tomorrow it's Copra day.

Top Bottom