• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Next up I'm reading Alias. I used to read it back in the day but I'm not sure I ever did the complete run. Reads well so far, though it's very, very, very Bendis. But in his better ways.

I was kind of disappointed with Alias myself. It's not bad but compared to his Daredevil run it just felt weak. Even the Purple Man story, which gets a ton of praise, kind of fell flat for me. I'm glad I got it on sale rather than buying the omnibus honestly.

Mark Millar is still stealing peoples favorite artist Stuart Immonen edition.

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/07/mark-millar-empress/

Starlight was actually really good. anything recent of his worth reading

also Greg Capullo apparently

Then, the next project I'm doing with Greg Capullo, which is coming out in September or October, that's a female lead as well. I’m not quite sure why all the heroes in my stories lately have skewed female, maybe it’s because I live in a house with four girls, but it’s just what I want to write about right now. You look at the comic-shelves and there’s plenty of male leads. You look at the world outside and it’s 52% female. There’s clearly a disparity here.

Will we ever find out what made Odinson unworthy?

Probably not. It's one of those things that would just be made ridiculous by adding detail. The idea that Nick Fury has the power to strip Thor of his worthiness with a whisper is cool, the actual contents of said whisper is irrelevant and probably dumb.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
NOt being Beta Ray Bill
NtpNDx.gif

I don't believe so and I am not sure I even care anymore.

I kinda agree, I'd still like to know but it's lost the effect it could've had.

Messi

ouch, we had it so good with with Hickman and Remender( I even liked Bendis stuff as well, first volume of New Avengers was great).

guessing the X-men arent any better

in other news looks like Wonder Woman Earth One might actually exist?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401229786/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Wonder Woman earth one does exist. Tim has read it.

I have been enjoying Extraordinary X-Men. But the two inhuman books have easily been better.

Has Mark Waid's Avengers been good?

I like it, and it's starting to go places. I think he's hamstrung himself with his choice of roster though. I like a lot of them individually, but as a team they haven't fully clicked yet. I don't look at them and think "yeah, they're the Avengers" like I did with Bendis' first team for instance and that was far more controversial at the time.

frye

Mark Millar is still stealing peoples favorite artist Stuart Immonen edition.

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/07/mark-millar-empress/

Starlight was actually really good. anything recent of his worth reading

also Greg Capullo apparently

Millar suddenly writing female leads is totally a consequence of the kind of internet hype a lot of those books coming out of Marvel/DC are getting so the fact that he's all like "well, I was looking out my window one day and realized that 52% of people were women" is so brazen it's actually pretty funny

Who is Michelle and how is she related to Spider-Man?

Michelle.... Gonzales? That was a BND character who I think has basically disappeared

Wait, it does happen?

It's mostly a Japanese folk belief. Or Japanese people have extremely weak nasal capillaries.

I find reading Walking Dead is a tiring experience Emotionally draining

Probably because you care about the characters too much. Make sure you never read it watch Game of Thrones. Some series are meant to be consumed as if by a non-partial observer. Watch / read it, but don't get too attached to anyone.

Will we ever find out what made Odinson unworthy?

Butt stuff.

remember Image United?

Image_United_Promo_Jam_by_Stranger929.jpg

They never finished that, did they? That release schedule was hilarious. You might get a new issue once every couple of years. Kind of like Scarlet.

Yeah...we all know she won't. She is now too popular to die without causing a shitstorm.
But the story has made it very clear that she only intends to hold on until Thor is worthy again and that once she gives the hammer up, she'll basically be dead at that point since the hammer makes her worse each time she reverts back. If a shitstorm happens, it'll be from people who don't read the comics and people who can't accept the direction the story was going the whole time.
What, superheros wouldnt die? D:
There's a difference between superheroes dying and coming back to life as opposed to not dying. Odd that comics have an issue with the former as opposed to the latter

It's mostly a Japanese folk belief. Or Japanese people have extremely weak nasal capillaries.

They never finished that, did they? That release schedule was hilarious. You might get a new issue once every couple of years. Kind of like Scarlet.

it was super ambitious with each artist drawing their own character. so if spawn and witchblade were in a scene. macfarlene would draw spawn and silverstri would draw witchblade

Valravn

After not reading comics for a while i decided to get back in the game. With TPB's, i'm not gonna buy single issues again.

I bought:

Black Science Volume 1 HC Premiere
Southern Bastards Book One
Darth Vader Volume 1 (Kieron Gillen)

I really like Southern Bastards so far. I'm surprised that they didn't make a TV series of this yet. I still have to start with Black Science and Darth Vader.

Edit: Guess i was wrong: http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/southern-bastards-being-developed-as-fx-tv-series

Messi

But the story has made it very clear that she only intends to hold on until Thor is worthy again and that once she gives the hammer up, she'll basically be dead at that point since the hammer makes her worse each time she reverts back. If a shitstorm happens, it'll be from people who don't read the comics and people who can't accept the direction the story was going the whole time.

There's a difference between superheroes dying and coming back to life as opposed to not dying. Odd that comics have an issue with the former as opposed to the latter

I don't think marvel has the balls to finish what they started. I will be shocked if they actually do it. Shocked.

After not reading comics for a while i decided to get back in the game. With TPB's, i'm not gonna buy single issues again.

I bought:

I really like Southern Bastards so far. I'm surprised that they didn't make a TV series of this yet. I still have to start with Black Science and Darth Vader.

Southern Bastards is getting a show on FX

Dunno the scientific reasoning and obviously it's not like my anime, but it does happen IIRC.

I bought:

Nice haul. If you like Black Science, check out some of Remender's other Image work. Deadly Class, Low, and Tokyo Ghost are all very good with fantastic art. Low's another sci-fi comic so it's worth a look for sure.

it was super ambitious with each artist drawing their own character. so if spawn and witchblade were in a scene. macfarlene would draw spawn and silverstri would draw witchblade

That sounds like it would have been pretty bizarre with different art styles present in the same panel. The styles would clash.

This is also a Styles Clash:
styles-clash-o.gif

Valravn

Dunno the scientific reasoning and obviously it's not like my anime, but it does happen IIRC.

Nice haul. If you like Black Science, check out some of Remender's other Image work. Deadly Class, Low, and Tokyo Ghost are all very good with fantastic art. Low's another sci-fi comic so it's worth a look for sure.

All on my list. I also want to read East of West, Sex Criminals and The Wicked and the Divine.

Messi

All on my list. I also want to read East of West, Sex Criminals and The Wicked and the Divine.

You should check out Sunstone. The adorable lesbian bdsm love story by Stjepan Sejic. Put out by image/top cow. Quality stuff. You have a great list so far.

That is a broken neck waiting to happen

It never happened when AJ worked for TNA, then it happened like three times in a year in Japan and on the indy circuit.

Vince lost his shit after Jericho took the move at Fastlane and somebody on staff told him about that after the fact.

Messi

It never happened when AJ worked for TNA, then it happened like three times in a year in Japan and on the indy circuit.

Vince lost his shit after Jericho took the move at Fastlane and somebody on staff told him about that after the fact.

Fucking hell. I assume he changed his finisher?

Top Bottom