• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

MG310

It never happened when AJ worked for TNA, then it happened like three times in a year in Japan and on the indy circuit.

Vince lost his shit after Jericho took the move at Fastlane and somebody on staff told him about that after the fact.

I thought it was the opposite...Jericho wanted it in the match and now they are fine with it post Fastlane. They just want the Calf Crusher to be his real finisher.

Read up through the current issue of Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. Those were some fine time travel hijinks. Excited for the Howard crossover and the coming of the Kra-Van.

It never happened when AJ worked for TNA, then it happened like three times in a year in Japan and on the indy circuit.

Vince lost his shit after Jericho took the move at Fastlane and somebody on staff told him about that after the fact.

Styles Clash taken wrong.
kjlxMHo.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
All these new Comicbook movie casting threads reminded me once again that I dont want to go to OT for comicbook movie threads.

Then again, they are the only place where Bobby pops up. Welp.

Messi

All these new Comicbook movie casting threads reminded me once again that I dont want to go to OT for comicbook movie threads.

Then again, they are the only place where Bobby pops up. Welp.

We could sign and trade for Bobby. We can send Zombeen to MCU-GAF. We could do the same for Kipp and send Freeza to ActionFigure-GAF.

Discuss

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Lets do this. I always love Bobbys posts, they are always wellinformed. Really sad that he doesnt post in my Production Threads, maybe its because I smell or something...

Star Wars threads too.
Star Wars Threads are the worst.
Tons of stupid shit from people who dont know a thing.

Its awful for fans of something that is currently popular on GAF.

We could sign and trade for Bobby. We can send Zombeen to MCU-GAF. We could do the same for Kipp and send Freeza to ActionFigure-GAF.

Discuss

Sending Freeza to a figure thread, but only for figures with joints, is the ComicGAF equivalent to Time Enough At Last.

Lets do this. I always love Bobbys posts, they are always wellinformed. Really sad that he doesnt post in my Production Threads, maybe its because I smell or something...
It's because production threads don't get a lot of traction in general. Anything major gets its own thread, so the only reason to go to production threads is for minor stuff. Like "Oh, the Sanctum Sanctorum in the new Dr. Strange movie looks like this!" That's about it. I like comic movie threads...for the most part. After awhile it usually just becomes Comic-GAF dicking around with random panels. Some are awful. There hasn't been a good BvS thread in forever, for example. Iron Fist threads become a circle of hell previously unknown to me. It's just the way of things.

oh my goodness. My IST order came in.

I'm on an Aliens kick since the movie is 30 years old now and all this new merch is coming out. So I bought the complete Fire and Stone story from Dark Horse, which has all the Fire and Stone mini-series from Predator, Aliens, Prometheus, etc. I didn't think it would be so big. This thing is bigger than either of the Kabuki Library editions.

Guys, I think I may have fucked up....

I just googled Bill Sienkiewicz art out of curiosity, as I had no real interest in that omnibus that came out last week. But.... Is this the actual art that's in the book? This heavily painted, David Mack-style stuff? I assumed it was old Daredevil, and thus D-tier butt-stuff artwork. But this.....

I just googled Bill Sienkiewicz art out of curiosity, as I had no real interest in that omnibus that came out last week. But.... Is this the actual art that's in the book? This heavily painted, David Mack-style stuff? I assumed it was old Daredevil, and thus D-tier butt-stuff artwork. But this.....

???

Miller's art in Daredevil is dope. Elektra: Assassin and anything done by Sienkiewicz is amazing looking too. You can pick up all eight issues on Comixology for under $20 too. Only thing that isn't available digitally is Elektra Lives Again.

Messi

LepKncY.gif

this post hurt me

This is what I was referring to. What does this look like on the inside?

It's Sienkiewicz soo...
...of course it's amazing. Dude's a phenomenal artist.

But I was kind of confused by your art comment about Daredevil itself since Miller's art is pretty damn great during it. I haven't even read it and I'm very impressed by what I have seen from it. I saw this panel a while ago and I thought it was pretty great:
tumblr_nn8d522vqd1upfu3oo1_500.jpg

Obviously the omnibus and digital versions will look cleaner, but it's still great!

I didn't but that is pretty goooood.

Did you see this?

Awww, that's adorable. It's crazy how many fans Sejic ended up attracting with Sunstone. You would think it would be something that would remain very niche, but that shit is constantly on Amazon's best-seller lists.

Messi

put a source dude, give the props and stuff, that's the good shit

I just seen them on sejics twitter

Seems this is one of their facebook accounts and a video of them in costume

https://www.facebook.com/FiggarowCosplay/videos/518635918323386/

Awww, that's adorable. It's crazy how many fans Sejic ended up attracting with Sunstone. You would think it would be something that would remain very niche, but that shit is constantly on Amazon's best-seller lists.

The Shiniez account where he posts Sunstone first has 17 mil views right now.

Eh, there's good art in basically every era for comics. I love the way Silver/Bronze age stuff looks personally, and even if I'm not crazy for the muscled out aesthetics that were huge in the 90s, there's still plenty to love with Vertigo and independent/alternative publishers.

Anyways, just read Copra 7 and 8. I really dig how the issues on this other planet/dimension have these green edges for the pages instead of white or something. It's a nice way to remind you that the characters aren't on Earth anymore.

Top Bottom