• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Daredevil and elektra onibus came in...they are gorgeous

the elektra art is amazing. did the same who worked on this work on the Alias; jessica jones?
Gaydos did the interiors for Alias. It's nothing really special and he ended up reusing a lot of panels which was really disappointing.

Bill did the Cover of Alias

Covers were better than interiors. Ha. As is the case with any book Frison does covers for. Tee-hee.

Gaydos did the interiors for Alias. It's nothing really special and he ended up reusing a lot of panels which was really disappointing.

I'm not going to say Gaydos is a bad artist, but he's definitely trying for the same grunge look that Maleev is so fantastic with.

a8bd908ba180184645ce56d852b9ade3.gif

Land should do a contest where he asks Marvel fans to send in photos of themselves to be used as random civilians. That way Land can at least gain a positive following.

The value is in the content, not the page-count, bros. There are 1000-page monsters that are absolute trash.

Of course. But I still think it's overpriced. The Hawkeye omnibus is the same price here and it's almost two hundred pages more. The Superior Foes omnibus is about the same page count too, yet half the price.

Of course. But I still think it's overpriced. The Hawkeye omnibus is the same price here and it's almost two hundred pages more. The Superior Foes omnibus is about the same page count too, yet half the price.

oh, it's absolutely had it's price jacked up, which has been happening to a lot of reprints, including the Alias omnibus. Marvel is counting on the popularity of recent TV series and films to justify kicking the price up a little.

TheFlow

Banned
elektra price isn't so bad compared to the Hawkeye price. Now that is a fucking rip off if you buy from anywhere outside of instock trades.

also instock trade has better packaging than amazon. Like they go out of their way to make sure the book isn't damaged.

ElNarez

Banned
Yeah, I impulse-bought it today with my regular books. Also took a chance on Guardians. Kittylord is adorable.

Also, why the shit was Dr. Strange $4.99?

backup feature about people dying in fucked up ways because magic is gone, featuring the most blatant attempt at last page emotional blackmail in a long-ass while

VanWinkle

Daredevil and elektra onibus came in...they are gorgeous

the elektra art is amazing. did the same who worked on this work on the Alias; jessica jones?

Awesome. I won't buy them because I feel they are too overpriced, but they look great.

9L7Hmsf.jpg

what a time to be alive

Man I love that costume.

elektra price isn't so bad compared to the Hawkeye price. Now that is a fucking rip off if you buy from anywhere outside of instock trades.

also instock trade has better packaging than amazon. Like they go out of their way to make sure the book isn't damaged.

Well...I mean, Hawkeye Omnibus is 552 pages for $100 cover (which is still crazy overpriced), and Elektra Omnibus is 400 pages for $100 cover. It might be the most overpriced omnibus that's ever been released.

But that doesn't mean it's not worth it to the people that want it and don't mind paying the premium.

So, those of you who buy your comics in single issues. Are you happy Batman (and/or a few other DC books) are going to $2.99 an issue or annoyed that they are going to $5.98 a month.

So, those of you who buy your comics in single issues. Are you happy Batman (and/or a few other DC books) are going to $2.99 an issue or annoyed that they are going to $5.98 a month.

Depends on pagecount.

For the monthlies, it's an automatic upgrade. For the biweeklies, so long as I get a similarly priced number (and quality) of pages, I'm happy.

TheFlow

Banned
Awesome. I won't buy them because I feel they are too overpriced, but they look great.

Man I love that costume.

Well...I mean, Hawkeye Omnibus is 552 pages for $100 cover (which is still crazy overpriced), and Elektra Omnibus is 400 pages for $100 cover. It might be the most overpriced omnibus that's ever been released.

But that doesn't mean it's not worth it to the people that want it and don't mind paying the premium.
Damn that is pricey indeed. I feel bad for those people buying the Electra omnibus on Amazon. It is 100 dollars

I don't think the change involves any of the titles I read, but I'll probably check out some things when Rebirth begins. I haven't read Harley Quinn in a while and a Jim Lee Suicide Squad book has my attention.

Owzers

The books i wouldn't mind reading twice a month aren't the ones being released twice a month, and if they did quality would probably suffer. Art rotations, pushing out average stories faster than usual so it feels like more is happening.

I mean, most non-Messi comic fans must be working with a fixed comics budget. If Batman and Superman take a larger chunk of that, it might just be that little bit more difficult for the Omega Mens and Prezs to get a fair run.

I mean, most non-Messi comic fans must be working with a fixed comics budget. If Batman and Superman take a larger chunk of that, it might just be that little bit more difficult for the Omega Mens and Prezs to get a fair run.

I don't really limit myself to how much I spend weekly. I tend to try to keep it under $30, but if there's a lot of stuff I need that week, then that's the way it has to be.

Should have cancelled it mid winnick run. I'll sacrifice valentine's run for that.

Nah.

Nah.

Nah.

I don't really limit myself to how much I spend weekly. I tend to try to keep it under $30, but if there's a lot of stuff I need that week, then that's the way it has to be.

Pretty much this. Under 30 is the goal. Worked out the post-Rebirth list to 96 dollars a month, so I'm pretty comfortably under that. And while there'll probably be a few books that I pick up that don't interest me right this moment, in all likelihood I'll drop more than I gain.

Top Bottom