• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

VanWinkle

Eugh, only if you have no taste in actual good comic book writing.
Let us know when Ed Brubaker's run is on sale, it's about the only good Catwoman worth reading aside from that one mini that Tim Sale did.

Selina's Big Score by Darwyn Cooke is incredible.

Owzers

is anyone playing The Division? I'm curious but it seems like random-online-game-i-don't-want-to-play-with-voice-chat-but-still-need-friends.

Its kind of confirmed by the Marvel PR guy

giphy.gif

Boogiepop

Since we're discussing X-men runs: what was the (I presume alternate universe) run where it like had Storm as a kid and Kitty ends up with a claw from Wolverine, and also was it any good? I read like a trade or two of that that a friend picked up a good while back and never followed up on it.

I was thinking of X-men Forever, it seems. Any thoughts on quality there? Then again, it being modern day Claremont makes me hesitant...

VanWinkle

I love Marvel's OHCs they've been doing since Marvel NOW. Good value and a nice way to read a series without having to wait too insanely long like for an omnibus. I don't really read Vertigo, but I've noticed they also do that sort of thing. ~300 page OHCs released during the run. It made me wonder with disgust why DC doesn't do the same thing with their mainline series. It's not like they're unaware of the concept, considering that they own Vertigo. Instead we have to wait until well after a run ends to MAYBE, POSSIBLY get a deluxe edition version. Their whole collected edition release plan is just bad.

Marvel is going out of their way to make you hate Carol.

Pfft, like they needed to work at that.

---

Reading Batgirl of Burnside vol. 2, it's p. good. Lots of fun moments. Seeing her interact with Steph was entertaining, especially in a meta sense since people tend to compare her and Babs 2.0. I think they did a solid job of differentiating them.

Rebirth Batgirl & the Birds of Prey roster: Babs, Dinah, Steph, Harper, Cass. Ship it DC.

She was obviously going to be on the opposite side. I'm honestly interested in her tie-in based on this image.

It's gonna be ~20 pages of "ugh how do I choose between my idol and doing what's right" followed by her doing what's right after some kind of revelation/broken pedestal moment.

Much better teaser image would have been her looking at the photo with a sad/conflicted expression, now we know how it's gonna go :p

MartyStu

God, I am still so pissed that Civil War II is happening.

I am even more pissed that it is called Civil War II.

Even MORE pissed that Bendis is writing it.

And you know what pisses me off the most? That Marvel is on-track to re-do the entire Thor coming back to see all the madness thing.

I feel bad for not being as blown away/having a spontaneous orgasm as some people over the new trailer. Apart from Black Panther looking cool

Owzers

God, I am still so pissed that Civil War II is happening.

I am even more pissed that it is called Civil War II.

Even MORE pissed that Bendis is writing it.

And you know what pisses me off the most? That Marvel is on-track to re-do the entire Thor coming back to see all the madness thing.

I'm starting to consider buying it too :/

Hype pressure, urge to cave...

TheFlow

Banned
I feel bad for not being as blown away/having a spontaneous orgasm as some people over the new trailer. Apart from Black Panther looking cool

I wanna cosplay in that black Panther costume. up there with Deadpool for being great onscreen.

Spidey costume is solid, but I prefer it without the black. guess that was Iron mans idea.

I wanna cosplay in that black Panther costume. up there with Deadpool for being great onscreen.

Spidey costume is solid, but I prefer it without the black. guess that was Iron mans idea.

Yeah, BP does look awesome. I feel like he will be either the dark horse of the film or just my favorite at least. And I've never read his solo comics...I really want to see the movie to see if Steve is literally taking his team and "starting a war" over Tony wanting to arrest Bucky/imprison him etc...esp since it's not like that action wouldn't be putting people in danger.

It's kinda interesting that both sights may be morally right (saving your best friend as everyone would like to imagine they'd do vs doing what's right considering how many lives their collateral fucked up) but the trailers do zilch of that for me so far. I should get the Christopher Priest comics...but i want Brubaker's CA as well...

Owzers

my problem with the Civil War movie trailer stuff is that i don't have faith in marvel movie plots. So yeah, some moments looked good and i liked the look of some costumes, but I can't get hyped. I do want to watch it though, not sure if i'll go to the theater.

MartyStu

my problem with the Civil War movie trailer stuff is that i don't have faith in marvel movie plots. So yeah, some moments looked good and i liked the look of some costumes, but I can't get hyped. I do want to watch it though, not sure if i'll go to the theater.

The RusBros did a good job with TWS, so there is some hope, but this movie looks to have a ton more executive meddling.

Top Bottom