• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Sadist

Maybe it's weird, but my hypelevels for Batman v. Superman aren't that high. But that's mostly because I didn't care much for Man of Steel. Or any Zach Snyder movie for that matter.

Better yet Snyder only made one good movie and that was a remake. ... ... and I still prefer the original.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
My buddy who I always go to the cinema is so excited for this movie that I always feel a little bit sorry that I dont go nuts over it

Oh lawd Daredevil in eight days

I know what I'm doing next weekend.

Maybe it's weird, but my hypelevels for Batman v. Superman aren't that high. But that's mostly because I didn't care much for Man of Steel. Or any Zach Snyder movie for that matter.

Better yet Snyder only made one good movie and that was a remake. ... ... and I still prefer the original.

I'm actually looking forward to Batman vs. Superman and Suicide Squad more than any of the Marvel films. I feel like there's a bit too much saturation right now with Marvel movies.

Sadist

I'm actually looking forward to Batman vs. Superman and Suicide Squad more than any of the Marvel films. I feel like there's a bit too much saturation right now with Marvel movies.
Oh I can totally understand with all of the Marvel movies.I think it's a good thing that most of the Avengers crew will be taking a break for two years until Infinity War.

And I'll be honest, Suicide Squad looks far more interesting than BvS. I was really surprised by the official trailer. Maybe because it didn't take itself too serious. Either way, I'm really curious about Leto's Joker btw. Dude is an amazing actor.

I think it holds up really well, as I posted the other day, for my money that's still the definitive run.
That's comforting to hear. I might get it since this is cheaper than buying the omni for it online. Not sure if I'll get it for sure yet.

Might have to check out Mockingbird too. I was mildly interested but seeing some good buzz here has me curious in it.

Oh yeah uh marvel movies are a thing huh

Might have to check out Mockingbird too. I was mildly interested but seeing some good buzz here has me curious in it.

Mockingbird was very enjoyable, from both art and story perspectives. You should definitely give it a try.

i'm interested in Suicide Squad and Civil War but not Batman vs Superman. Snyder/Man of Steel reasons.

Snyder is usually pretty good about working with established source material. When he tries to make something completely his own, we end up with horrifying results like Sucker Punch. I think the issue with Superman, or at least the most well-known depiction of him is that he just isn't that interesting.

Sadist

Regarding comics, I'm totally getting the Secret Wars hardcover next week. But now I want another Secret Wars book next to it; Spider-Man Renew your Vows is on my list (I like the story plus it has the Secret Love mini included) but are there any other Secret Wars books which are pretty good? I liked the Old Man Logan one.

TheFlow

Banned
yea I like to post my new hc next to others for a size reference. ^^

Are there any decent Daredevil and elektra statues? Punisher too?

Regarding comics, I'm totally getting the Secret Wars hardcover next week. But now I want another Secret Wars book next to it; Spider-Man Renew your Vows is on my list (I like the story plus it has the Secret Love mini included) but are there any other Secret Wars books which are pretty good? I liked the Old Man Logan one.

X-Men 92

Are there any decent Daredevil and elektra statues? Punisher too?

Eh. You really need to buy that kind of thing near the release window or you risk paying aftermarket prices. Sideshow has made statues of all those characters, but they've been sold out for some time. Aftermarket prices are usually pretty lol.

Messi

Hmm.... For anyone who missed the Black Canary Bombshell statue, it looks like DC is taking pre-orders on their shop for another run. They ship on the 11th.

200w.gif

Mockingbird was very enjoyable, from both art and story perspectives. You should definitely give it a try.

Snyder is usually pretty good about working with established source material. When he tries to make something completely his own, we end up with horrifying results like Sucker Punch. I think the issue with Superman, or at least the most well-known depiction of him is that he just isn't that interesting.

Did...Did you just blame the actual character Superman for Man of Steel being a shitty movie over its director?

Snyder is a commercial director who flails when given more than 10 minutes and needs to direct actual actors over say, a Whopper.
Time has not been kind to 300. The less said about Sucker Punch the better. And his Watchman is the perfect case study for why we shouldn't slavishly reproduce another work, especially if you don't understand what it's actually saying.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Sure, but I'll be honest. It didn't really do anything for me on repeat viewings. It just made me mostly bored.
I think I have seen it three times included the time I saw it in cinema.

The mars scene where Dr. Manhatten build his glas fortress was so amazing. Really have to rewatch it when my new TV is here.

To bad we didnt got the extendet cut :(

I think I have seen it three times included the time I saw it in cinema.

The mars scene where Dr. Manhatten build his glas fortress was so amazing. Really have to rewatch it when my new TV is here.

To bad we didnt got the extendet cut :(

I didn't say there aren't some breathtaking scenes in it. But taken as a whole, rewatches just make it feel like a slog for me.

Did...Did you just blame the actual character Superman for Man of Steel being a shitty movie over its director?

Sure did.

But honestly, I liked Man of Steel. Easily the best of the modern Superman films.

TheFlow

Banned
Ah, that's going to limit your options. Most decent comic statues start at around $150, with Kotobukiya's Fine Art series (1/6 scale) running about $200-ish per. They made a solid Daredevil a few years ago:

I think list price on him was about $185.

They also have a super-rad Thanos coming out:

damn that is pretty cool. might have to save up then.

I never re-watch 99% of movies. Too much new shit to be re-watching stuff.

Pretty much my view as well. Though if I like a movie a lot, I'll usually scoop it up on Blu-Ray, but my collection is much smaller than it was when DVD was the dominant format. And I think that's for the best. I don't really waste money buying TV series or anything anymore because I know I'm never going to watch them again.

tim1138

That's comforting to hear. I might get it since this is cheaper than buying the omni for it online. Not sure if I'll get it for sure yet.

Oh yeah uh marvel movies are a thing huh

If you miss out on the sale and decide to pick up the omni somewhere down the line, you'll be getting a high quality book. I bought it for my wife for Christmas and DC did a great job on it, the binding is nice, there is wrap around cover art, and great page stock.

Top Bottom