• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

I blame Florida

Excellent suggestion.

Launchpad, answer for your people's behavior.

Snyder hate is so lame. Dude only made one bad movie and he gave us Legends of the Guardians: Owls of Ga'hoole.

Can't say I disagree tbh.

Part of it is people basically treating movies like one-man shows, where barring any HUGE issue that's clearly attributable to an actor or something, the entire judgement of the movie is a judgement of the director and the director alone. Man didn't write MoS or BvS.

shingi70

Banned
Excellent suggestion.

Launchpad, answer for your people's behavior.

Can't say I disagree tbh.

Part of it is people basically treating movies like one-man shows, where barring any HUGE issue that's clearly attributable to an actor or something, the entire judgement of the movie is a judgement of the director and the director alone. Man didn't write MoS or BvS.

Yep I really like Man of Steel as a film, I do have problems with it though chiefly.

-Pa Kent's death by Tornado.
-Would have added a Montage of him saving people or stopping crimes after he got the suit.
-The tone of the ending would have been bittersweet.

Launchpad isn't from Florida. Tyrant is from Florida.

IIRC he's from Florida but he doesn't live there any more.

But true.

Tyrant, you may also answer for your people's behavior.

Yep I really like Man of Steel as a film, I do have problems with it though chiefly.

-Pa Kent's death by Tornado.
-Would have added a Montage of him saving people or stopping crimes after he got the suit.
-The tone of the ending would have been bittersweet.

Would definitely do all of that, though I think the Pa Kent scene could've worked if he was running back for a kid or something. It's a cool idea in concept, that he loves Clark so much he'd die to keep his secret.

The big thing is that frankly Goyer just did not land the writing beats he needed to. Most of the scenes work in the abstract, it's just the actual ebb and flow and dialogue does not carry the weight it needs to.

Okay, after Civil War, no more advance tickets. The wallet needs a break.

Did...Did you just blame the actual character Superman for Man of Steel being a shitty movie over its director?

Sure did.

tumblr_static_tumblr_mx3c720ksf1rk2rdno1_500.gif

Freeza don't give a fuck.

Owzers

surely i must subscribe to the wwe network for that powerhouse ppv.

When i'm posting in this thread Saturday about how amazing Roadblock was you're going to feel quite silly.

Ambrose will beat HHH for the belt, Roman will come down, and Ambrose will look him in the eye, hand over the belt, and say " you're the real champ Roman."

Messi

The end to the first arc of All New Wolverine was great. Actually the first arc was wonderful. There was one page near the end that really got me
"will I see you again?" "Sure. You'll see me when you grow up. Everytime you look at yourself in the mirror and forget to smile"
. :(. Gonna miss lopez on art but he was perfect for this arc. I wonder what book he is moving to.

The end to the first arc of All New Wolverine was great. Actually the first arc was wonderful. There was one page near the end that really got me. :(. Gonna miss lopez on art but he was perfect for this arc. I wonder what book he is moving to.

This is one of those books I was meaning to check out, but never got around to it. Honestly, the $3.99 price-point combined with the fact that this thing seemed to be coming out bi-weekly was a bit of a turn-off.

What was better, this or Spider-Woman?

Messi

This is one of those books I was meaning to check out, but never got around to it. Honestly, the $3.99 price-point combined with the fact that this thing seemed to be coming out bi-weekly was a bit of a turn-off.

What was better, this or Spider-Woman?

Both are good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So much color in that Civil War trailer, based Marvel.

"But colorful costumes dont work in live action Rhaknar"

Shut up fake internet voice

So much color in that Civil War trailer, based Marvel.

"But colorful costumes dont work in live action Rhaknar"

Shut up fake internet voice

Real internet voice:

Spidey's costume is too bright, it looks out of place compared to everybody else. It's like Cap's Avengers 1 suit.

mreddie

The end to the first arc of All New Wolverine was great. Actually the first arc was wonderful. There was one page near the end that really got me
"will I see you again?" "Sure. You'll see me when you grow up. Everytime you look at yourself in the mirror and forget to smile"
. :(. Gonna miss lopez on art but he was perfect for this arc. I wonder what book he is moving to.

I dunno Lopez hasn't said anything on what book he's in next, I assume indie.

Messi

I dunno Lopez hasn't said anything on what book he's in next, I assume indie.

He posted this on Twitter a few weeks back and now I see its his pinned tweet.

When he posted it I talked to him about it and he told me.

It’s a sketch that went too far. A concept for a project in the far future “Rákun and the Fox”, YA fantasy. Like it?

Maybe he decided to go with it? I'd say he is still doing a marvel book.

BTW I really dig that concept

nah son. I haven't seen any of the trailers so I am not sure what is happening besides the pictures of the ninjas and punisher.

What if Punisher get splashed with toxic waste this time while in close proximity to ninjas? Then we may end up with a ninja Punisher who uses Guntanas.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lando #1-3 was excellent, easily up there with Vader and Star Wars. If not for Leia, this Star Wars comic relaunch would be absolutely perfect. Alas...

Princess Leia #5 - yeah this continues to be by far the worst of the SW books. At least its over, even if this last issue was a little better, but still, it was always the only book where it felt different from the character from the movies in my opinion, which was probably its biggest weakness.

Owzers

I've been quietly sitting here, watching something on tv with people talking about things and i'm not going to mention it because i agreed to only bring up wrestling, but i've also read some comics on MU.

Deadpool #27: I'm not sure what's going on with this book anymore but this deadpool honeymoon in Japan non-stop chasey shenanigans was a good read.

Spiderverse SW tie-in #3 and 4: I'm enjoying spider-ham a lot but not so much anyone else. Gwen is fairly stiff in the book.

Squirrel Girl #7, although i liked #6 i'm struggling a little to get through it.

edit: Also, I was talking about the Republican debate. I watched it.

Rhaknar

Ant-Man Annual #1 - this was really good. We get a bit of Scott and his villain employees hanging out with that robot dude (I forget his name) being particularly funny, then Scott hears about Pym "dying" in Rage of Ultron and we get a neat flashback team up between them vs Eggman. Really fun stuff. Unfortunately Rage of Ultron isnt on MU for whatever reason.

Edit: where is this from again? Its post civil war I know that, and its not Siege so...what?

Rhaknar

Uncanny X-men #35 - pretty good Goldballs issue as the kids try to do the hero gig on their own and kinda suceed with Goldballs becoming a internet sensation, until people find out he's actually a mutant and turn on them. Goldballs gets seriously injured, Cuckoos go nuts on the humans that attack them, just all goes to shit so they ho to Storm in the school for help, to be concluded in #600 which I hope doesnt take as long to go up on MU as it did to actually come out.

Goldballs.

JMS Thor civil war aftermath issue?

Do you know the issue? I read every tie-in so it wasnt on any resding guide at least

Top Bottom