• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Messi

Who is the equivalent of Charles Soule at DC? That'll be who's on Supergirl.

Tomasi? He seems to fill in gaps where needed but he has the ability to do great shit from time to time like Batman and Robin.

Pair him with Lupacchino and you have a book that will need a change after 6-9 issues.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
zDRPqMK.jpg

yp2KFZU.jpg
Who is that? Seems like he is one of Daredevils Rouge gallery but Ive never seen him before.

Yes unusual and kooky and cancelled after 6-12 issues. :/

I see you've already accepted how this is going to go. But remember that time DC took her off of Batgirl and the internet collectively shit itself?

Who is the equivalent of Charles Soule at DC? That'll be who's on Supergirl.

I don't know that there's anyone else who can write as many books per month as Soule was and still be a lawyer on top.

Who is that? Seems like he is one of Daredevils Rouge gallery but Ive never seen him before.

Looks like Gollum.

Yea. And it was such an average run too. The best thing she did on N52 before secret six was the movement. Now THAT was a fun team book.

It really was. Though DC was just capitalizing on the Occupy Wall Street movement, it turned out to be a fun, underappreciated book.

I wonder if Messi bought it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah I was gonna say that lol

Bendis's Daredevil is awesome
Im at the last Complete Collection but this one is a little bit weaker then the first two.
Still hope he does something with Elektra in the remaining issues.

But I really love when Daredevil connects the Streetlevel stuff with something ninja-demonic.
I hope the TV shows follows here at some point...

I liked most of her run way more than what we are currently getting.

Would have loved to see Gail write a fun Batgirl like she wanted to.

It probably would have suited the book better. Batgirl was never about all that grimdark stuff they made Simone cram into her run.

Owzers

I've decided to leave this community, all you do is talk about comic books lately and i don't think that is fair to other people.

What are some of the realistic creative teams that y'all are hoping for DC Rebirth?
well if i have to be realistic:

Fletcher/Bengal on Teen Titans
Clay Mann on Nightwing
Brenden Fletcher/Annie Wu on Birds of Prey (which is probably gonna happen anyway)
Marguerite Bennett/Elsa Charretier on Supergirl
Toby Cypress on The Hellblazer
Ming Doyle on Wonder Woman
Travel Foreman on Aquaman
JRJR on Green Lantern

This is kinda hard because I can't really think of many creators in the DC stable that i'm an active fan of, especially when it comes to writers

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wonder how many kids would have had their mind blown in this ever happening :V
xsJLbmg.jpg

Can't frikkin wait for the next issue =_= (Proceeds to daily google #51 Preview)

wait...what? is that Megatron?

Now that Freeza doesn't have a Saya avatar this could be my chance to claim her.
well if i have to be realistic:

Fletcher/Bengal on Teen Titans
Clay Mann on Nightwing
Brenden Fletcher/Annie Wu on Birds of Prey (which is probably gonna happen anyway)
Marguerite Bennett/Elsa Charretier on Supergirl
Toby Cypress on The Hellblazer
Ming Doyle on Wonder Woman
Travel Foreman on Aquaman
JRJR on Green Lantern

This is kinda hard because I can't really think of many creators in the DC stable that i'm an active fan of, especially when it comes to writers

Ok, now after 5 issues who do you see realistically replacing them?

I've decided to leave this community, all you do is talk about comic books lately and i don't think that is fair to other people.

I know, I've found it pretty weird. Trump winning the polls, ComicGAF reading AND talking about comics. Clearly the end times are upon us.

I want to see Snyder and Capullo on Justice League.

Seems Brubaker is making an announcement at image expo. Exciting.

I think it might be a new comic.

frye

I hope so. Fade Out and Fatale were great.

Maybe he is retiring. Won't you all feel stupid then?

Did you read The Fade Out?

I liked The Fade Out despite a few reservations about how it was using the Hollywood setting but the last Criminal storyline was def a top 3 Brubaker/Phillips thing for me

Messi

I liked The Fade Out despite a few reservations about how it was using the Hollywood setting but the last Criminal storyline was def a top 3 Brubaker/Phillips thing for me

I haven't actually read any of the criminal series. But I just bought the first volume last week after finishing the fade out. Hope its as good as I heard. At least as good as the fade out.

frye

I haven't actually read any of the criminal series. But I just bought the first volume last week after finishing the fade out. Hope its as good as I heard. At least as good as the fade out.

The first is probably the weakest of the Criminals but it's the one I think Brubaker has the most fondness for; the movie is supposed to be an adaptation of it and he's been talking about doing a sequel to it for literally years at this point.

Criminal is rather different from the others in that it's basically an anthology series, but that's really what I like the most about it. Even just pretty good Criminal is a lot of fun.

Teen Titans the cartoon probably had more viewers than every comic run had readers combined, yet they haven't been bothered making a good one in decades

damn it's true

Teen Titans the cartoon probably had more viewers than every comic run had readers combined, yet they haven't been bothered making a good one in decades

The same can be said for Marvel movies. More people watch Iron Man movies than read his comic book. More people like movie Iron Man than comic Iron Man.

Top Bottom