• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

MG310

Yooooooooooooooooooo yooooooooooooooooooo I read Mockingbird. Holy shit that was awesome and lived up to the one shot. So excited for more of this.

Love Kate Niemczyk's Bobbi and her costume looks incredible in that artstyle.

HELLFIRE CLUB NEXT ISSUE OMG AND THEN CORGIS

Did they ditch that winged costume already?

Owzers

I have never and will never change my avatar. You're welcome.

eventually you will read a comic and say " that would make for a great avatar" and your resolve will break.

Sunstone vol 2 completed, i just earned 100 Messi Points. I'm going to redeem them for olivia wild gifs. I'm not sure if i liked the story as much as the experience reading it....if that makes sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Old Man Logan #3-4: My God Sorrentino... anyway I love this book (damn it I love a Bendis book), for the same reason that many disliked it I guess, it follows as Logan goes from domain to domain trying to figure out what the fuck is going on (and I guess some people expected an actual Old Man Logan sequel, which is fair). But dat Sorrentino art tho... man. MAN! I wish he was a regular in any ANAD book, the dude is amazing.

Oh and I guess it spoiled A-Force for me since
She Hulk is in the Deadlands in issue #4 lol. Oh well.

Howard The Human #1: Man I was all ready to hate this but it won me over. The art is all sorts of funky but that too won me over, and the story is actually a neat little noir style detective story. Also, Mouse Murdock. Alright Skottie, you win this one, that was completely fine. I assume this was just a one shot right?

VanWinkle

eventually you will read a comic and say " that would make for a great avatar" and your resolve will break.

Oh there have been many times that I thought something would make a great avatar. Still never changed it, even five years into my tenure on GAF. You will never have to worry, my friend.

Owzers

I saw Specter today, it was okay but i get the feeling that these Bond movies are less for me to enjoy and more for them to do their thing. I read that it referenced the other Craig movies heavily, i really should have re-watched them beforehand.

I'm watching Bean right now, the painting scene is so relatable and the only thing that gets me to watch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Deadpool vs Thanos #1: Death is kidnapped and nothing in the universe can die because of it so Deadpool and Thanos have to team up to save her. This was ok, hopefully it gets better in the next issue, the idea has promise at least. Art isnt the best unfortunately.

Hank Johnson Agent of Hydra #1: this, in the other hand, was amazing and I wish it was ongoing. Or maybe not because the joke might not sustain an ongoing, but this one shot was great. Follow the domestic life of Hank as he struggles with his 3 kids, wife and mundane ass real life issues, while not getting kicked in the head by Nick Fury. One of my favorite books in ages, everyone should read it. Ih and I believe this is the same artist that did Secret Avengers right?

hank-johnson-agent-hydra-pg-8-Copy.jpg

PsychBat!

Banned
Hank Johnson Agent of Hydra #1: this, in the other hand, was amazing and I wish it was ongoing. Or maybe not because the joke might not sustain an ongoing, but this one shot was great. Follow the domestic life of Hank as he struggles with his 3 kids, wife and mundane ass real life issues, while not getting kicked in the head by Nick Fury. One of my favorite books in ages, everyone should read it. Ih and I believe this is the same artist that did Secret Avengers right?

I think the joke got boring near the end. Good book, I wish it were ongoing.

It won't be Supergirl. I'd like to see her do something unusual.
A Mr. Terrific book. Or Star Girl. Or literally any team book. Like Red Hood and Arsenal.

OK, next time I read the story completly before asking.
One of my favorite arcs in that series, next to the White Tiger Trial and the whole mobster revenge arc.
Planet Hulk #3-4: Devil Dinosaur motherfuckers! Steve, Devil and Doc Green reach the Mudlands where Bucky is supposedly held, but there is bad news waiting for Cap. This book continues to easily be one of the best tie ins and probably one of the few must reads in my opinion. The amount if world building and back story Humphries squeezes in each issue is uncanny especially compared to other tie ins where not much happens (like Ghost Racers earlier), and the art is fantastic. Really cool stuff. Devil tho <3

tumblr_nqm7l3cwVR1r4752bo2_1280.gif
Get ready for that final issue.

Hint:
it retroactively ruined the entire story for me
I like this.

rKztor9.jpg
No but Leto's Joker is not like the Joker in any way tho

I can change it.... I'm sorry guys :(
You fucking keep it.
Did they ditch that winged costume already?
Good. Looked atrocious. I like her look better as an elite SHIELD agent and less like a superhero.

that shot of the joker on the floor lying among all his weapons is fantastic. best shot of the trailer for me. dude looks great. face tattoos can go tbh but the grill perfectly works imo.

leto managed to nail his own unique laugh too thankfully. sounds pretty freaky.

that shot of the joker on the floor lying among all his weapons is fantastic. best shot of the trailer for me. dude looks great. face tattoos can go tbh but the grill perfectly works imo.

leto managed to nail his own unique laugh too thankfully. sounds pretty freaky.

I totally agree. Was just being sarcastic to mirror the complaints that I was seeing a lot of. I think he'll be fantastic. I also have faith in Robbie's Harley, even though that was another complaint I noticed.

have a feeling it's gonna be the most exciting comic book movie this year. that character alone grabs so much attention on screen in the movies he's been in, then you throw in harley quinn and the rest of the villains and the style they're going for.

damn, wish it came out sooner.

have a feeling it's gonna be the most exciting comic book movie this year. that character alone grabs so much attention on screen in the movies he's been in, then you throw in harley quinn and the rest of the villains and the style they're going for.

damn, wish it came out sooner.

Same, dude. It's my most anticipated this year next to Civil War (but I already know I'll like that a lot anyways)

Rhaknar

There is a Dr.Strange movie this year so your arguments are incorrect.

I understand its easy to be wrong, I dont hold it against you guys. Well, maybe against BK.

Btw BK youre a Blackbolt fanboy right? Time to give Marvel Heroes a go later this year when he's released?

SS is gonna be cool and i'm really looking forward to it, but LOL @ tryhard-ass Jared Leto. sorry guys, but i just don't see it

I understand its easy to be wrong, I dont hold it against you guys. Well, maybe against BK.

Btw BK youre a Blackbolt fanboy right? Time to give Marvel Heroes a go later this year when he's released?

oh yeah, that exists. with that goober from The Imitation Game

Aaaaw man I might just...I might just...

Also it's hard to get hyped for Dr. Strange, mostly because I've never really been invested in the character and because we haven't seen anything yet, really. Casting is on point, though.

Rhaknar

im done with this community. First it was mutants, now its magicians

I am blushing a bit. I never looked at the sign and just heard people say it! I just jammed it all together.

I want to head back up monthly since we stay in Houston. My girlfriend and I had the best time and are considering moving that way in a year or two, should all stay on the track we're on. Are you from ATX?

I'm already enamored with Pretty Deadly. ODY-C seems brilliant but it might be a slow burn. Almost feels like Stephen Universe meets Odyssey meets sexy-fying everything.
Yup, Ive been living in Austin since I was 8. Only bad thing about Pretty Deadly is that it doesnt come out frequently. The artists gets pretty busy with some of her won work and the book gets delayed. Ody-C has some of the trippiest art right now. Christian Ward is amazing.

Just got to Astro City Dark Age in my re-read of the series. First time I am reading it in the intended and I find that I have to retract my previous statements that it is a lot weaker than what came before. Yes, the format is a little different from the rest of the series and so is the pacing but I am really enjoying it now.

shingi70

Banned
Yooooooooooooooooooo yooooooooooooooooooo I read Mockingbird. Holy shit that was awesome and lived up to the one shot. So excited for more of this.

Love Kate Niemczyk's Bobbi and her costume looks incredible in that artstyle.

HELLFIRE CLUB NEXT ISSUE OMG AND THEN CORGIS

Thank God they reverted back to the goat Mockingbird costume.

Loved last years one shot and looking forward to it hitting Marvel unlimited later this year.

Dudes just Realized were only about a week away from seeing Wonder Woman on the big screen, and then a Month from seeing Black Panther on stage.
tumblr_o40px96nEA1ufsf3go1_500.gif

Messi

Thank God they reverted back to the goat Mockingbird costume.

Loved last years one shot and looking forward to it hitting Marvel unlimited later this year.

Dudes just Realized were only about a week away from seeing Wonder Woman on the big screen, and then a Month from seeing Black Panther on stage.
tumblr_o40px96nEA1ufsf3go1_500.gif

She still has the winged shoulders in Amazing Spider-Man and Agents of shield.

Edit : I checked and she has the wings in that pic and in the book. Look under her arm.

God I love that costume.

MG310

She still has the winged shoulders in Amazing Spider-Man and Agents of shield.

Edit : I checked and she has the wings in that pic and in the book. Look under her arm.

Looks like they toned it down quite a bit at least. It looked like they just slapped a bunch of leftover accessories from the New52 Bat Family designs over the most generic Black Canary costume.

KodaRuss

So I have been kinda getting back into comics lately, purchased a couple books here and there reading through them (Some Deadpool, Batman and X-Force).

Anyway, I have been thinking about getting Marvel Unlimited and trying that out. How is it? Also, can it run off just a browser (I only have a Surface Pro as a tablet atm)?

Does DC have anything similar? I know a lot more about Marvel outside of Batman so that is why I am leaning towards Marvel Unlimited at the moment.

I really enjoyed the books that I have purchased and like having a physical copy but damn it will be really expensive to keep buying books that way.

EDIT: I am reading through the Comic book startup guide by Zombine right now. Really helpful so far.

So I have been kinda getting back into comics lately, purchased a couple books here and there reading through them (Some Deadpool, Batman and X-Force).

Anyway, I have been thinking about getting Marvel Unlimited and trying that out. How is it? Also, can it run off just a browser (I only have a Surface Pro as a tablet atm)?

Does DC have anything similar? I know a lot more about Marvel outside of Batman so that is why I am leaning towards Marvel Unlimited at the moment.

I really enjoyed the books that I have purchased and like having a physical copy but damn it will be really expensive to keep buying books that way.

EDIT: I am reading through the Comic book startup guide by Zombine right now. Really helpful so far.
Marvel Unlimited is a good deal. You get to read basically everything from Marvel six months from release date. So it's a great way to read their stuff if you're fine with the small wait. Much cheaper than buying single issues and trades too. You can use it from the browser.

Unfortunately, DC doesn't have anything similar.

mreddie

According to the site that will not be named,
Starbrand & Nightmask, Red Wolf, Illuminati and Guardians of Infinity are getting canned after May.

KodaRuss

There is a comic book shop really close to me that I have been meaning to check out for a while. I used to go all the time as a kid and moved and there was never one close by.

Anyone read the Injection Series from Image? Sounds kinda cool from the descriptions/reviews from Amazon

Top Bottom