• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

shingi70

Banned
What comic podcasts do you guys listen too.

Looking at my podcast Network I have.

11 O'clock Comics
Rachel and Miles Explain the X-men
Raging Bullets a DC Comics podcast
From Crisis to Crisis a superman podcast
The Fire and Water Podcast and everything on their network.
Unofficial 75 Greatest Marvels countdown podcast.
The Marvel Super Heroes Podcast
DCR Podcast
History of the Batman with Londyn.

11 O'clock Comics
DCR Podcast
The Comic Conspiracy.

11 O'clock Comics
DCR Podcast
All I got is Rachel and Miles. There's one called the FantastiCast, I think. It's the one Rachel and Miles have plugged that's like their show but with the FF. The hosts are friends of theirs. I never listened to it though.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, but not really any comic ones.

I guess if I want comic stuff, I buy most of the GraphicAudio plays as they come out and listen to one of those.

shingi70

Banned
All I got is Rachel and Miles. There's one called the FantastiCast, I think. It's the one Rachel and Miles have plugged that's like their show but with the FF. The hosts are friends of theirs. I never listened to it though.

The Fansasticast is brillaint, it's a good companion to reading the Fantastic Four from the beginning.

Honestly the comic podcasting community is somewhat small and really vocal in helping each other. The amount of time times I've seen Jon M. Wilson or Michael Bailey on a podcast.

My friends are restarting they're podcast and I think I'm going to join them in it.

god I never noticed how Erekta's kick doesn't go all the way through Dourdevil's stomach before, much like how when Bullseye shivs Elektra, the sai doesn't go out the other end

there are a lot of sais NOT going through people's chests during that comic, probably cuz of censorship, but it actually makes shit even scarier

Urich_Example.jpg

I used to listen to a fuckton of podcasts, but I stopped. My favorite ones over the years have both been retrospective series anyways. I only really listen to Rachel and Miles now

shingi70

Banned
So DC celebrates their Batman/Superman movie on CMX....with a Legend of Superheroes sale

Huh.

Guess they'll have another sale for the weekend? I thought for sure I could predict this weeks DC sale.

Edit. But Waids Daredevil run is on sale!
https://www.comixology.com/Daredevil-by-Mark-Waid-Sale/page/10026?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC90YWJsZXQvc21hbGxDYXJvdXNlbA

There will probably be another DC sale Next week.

Urgg only the 07 Outsiders series was hoping the 80s series would go on sale again. At least I can start reading the second firestorm series.

So I know I'm a bit late, but Standoff is taking over the Avengers books for the next two months, huh? I will skip ANAD Avengers for these two months then pick up the event when it's cheap. Even though it is appealing to me, it's quite a bit more money to drop to follow the whole thing.

TruHero

Banned
I see that the Secret Wars hardcover is coming out today. Are any of the Battleworlds TPBs essential to read? I was thinking about getting the Infinity Gauntlet one.

11 O'clock Comics
DCR Podcast

Do any of these podcasts spoil current comic events?

I suppose they're less bulky, sure. But it's so convenient having a whole run in one book.

The hardcovers total up to about 1,200 pages so far so it would probably be a bit big with one OHC still to go.

I was going to order the Miller Daredevil omnibus today and it's out of stock. Serves me right for dallying too long.

shingi70

Banned
I see that the Secret Wars hardcover is coming out today. Are any of the Battleworlds TPBs essential to read? I was thinking about getting the Infinity Gauntlet one.

Do any of these podcasts spoil current comic events?

DCR and Raginibf Bullets are spoilercasts. The others really don't do current comics. 11'oclock comics spoils on a per comic basis.

Savitar

John Wagner Plans To Kill Off A Major Judge Dredd Character In 2000 AD

Could it be Dredd's time? He's been aging realistically for every year that passes in our world, he's in his 70's or so now, he really can't realistically keep going much longer. Cloned? Well he is a clone. So is his brother, Rico, the second one, unless he's already dead. Could it be the girl that was like a daughter to him perhaps? Judge Hersey? Judge Anderson?

..............Dredd's ex robot butler?

Speaking about Marvel pricing, looks like the Secret Wars OHC (9? issues) coming out today is $50...

Weird thing with Hawkeye was that different formats had the issues printed in different order.

I think they did a good job with the reordering in the OHCs. I read them in sequential order the first time around but enjoyed OHCs' order a lot more.

Owzers

Speaking about Marvel pricing, looks like the Secret Wars OHC (9? issues) coming out today is $50...

I think they did a good job with the reordering in the OHCs. I read them in sequential order the first time around but enjoyed OHCs' order a lot more.

Maybe books that change the marvel universe forever should cost more.

Top Bottom