• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

John Wagner Plans To Kill Off A Major Judge Dredd Character In 2000 AD

Could it be Dredd's time? He's been aging realistically for every year that passes in our world, he's in his 70's or so now, he really can't realistically keep going much longer. Cloned? Well he is a clone. So is his brother, Rico, the second one, unless he's already dead. Could it be the girl that was like a daughter to him perhaps? Judge Hersey? Judge Anderson?

..............Dredd's ex robot butler?

Anderson would be the biggest non dredd shocker

mreddie

Surprised they didn't go with Kamala or Doreen instead of Doc Ock

We need a Kamala POP!

CWIIteaser_SpiderMan2-676x1024.jpg

ONE MORE ONE MORE DAY

SPIDER-GWEN NOT COLLECTOR CORPS EXCLUSIVE PogChamp

There is a god. I'm probably going to get the Civil War box anyway, just to try it out.

John Wagner Plans To Kill Off A Major Judge Dredd Character In 2000 AD

Could it be Dredd's time? He's been aging realistically for every year that passes in our world, he's in his 70's or so now, he really can't realistically keep going much longer. Cloned? Well he is a clone. So is his brother, Rico, the second one, unless he's already dead. Could it be the girl that was like a daughter to him perhaps? Judge Hersey? Judge Anderson?

..............Dredd's ex robot butler?

Walter the Wobot has been written out for awhile. He runs a Dark Judges tourist exhibit with another robot.

It's probably Anderson. They've teased it several times now, she is getting older and since she is a Psi-Judge she can't take the anti-aging drugs Street Judges do as they block out psi powers.

Messi

SPIDER-GWEN NOT COLLECTOR CORPS EXCLUSIVE PogChamp

There is a god. I'm probably going to get the Civil War box anyway, just to try it out.

Walter the Wobot has been written out for awhile. He runs a Dark Judges tourist exhibit with another robot.

It's probably Anderson. They've teased it several times now, she is getting older and since she is a Psi-Judge she can't take the anti-aging drugs Street Judges do as they block out psi powers.

They said none of the pops shown at toy fair were exclusive.

I would love to read Dredd, but it seems like its a book that really relies on clntinuity and reading everything

Dredd is one of those books I would have an interest in if it wasn't just so daunting at this point. Like if you want to start watching One Piece then find out that it's 700 episodes in.

They said none of the pops shown at toy fair were exclusive.

Really? I don't really follow the news outside of "oh that looks cool". That's good to know.

I still ordered the Civil War box. Here's to being part of the problem!

I would love to read Dredd, but it seems like its a book that really relies on clntinuity and reading everything

Dredd is one of those books I would have an interest in if it wasn't just so daunting at this point. Like if you want to start watching One Piece then find out that it's 700 episodes in.

Complete Case Files, start at Volume 5. Or sub to the Mega Collection if it comes to your region for a curated selection of the best bits.

In my case, my eldest brother has been reading Dredd since the early 80s so I have access to most of it that way. He still buys 2000 AD every week!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New Daredevil trailer, oh my

They went full Hand. You neveralways go full Hand. 3 more days >_<

MASK series in development at IDW?

Newsarama has learned that IDW Publishing is developing a comic book series based on Hasbro's 1980s toyline/cartoon M.A.S.K. This comes just months after Hasbro announced plans to incorporate M.A.S.K. and several other of its properties in the G.I. Joe cinematic universe, and IDW following suit with a comic book series is a logical extension of its long-running G.I. Joe and Transformers titles, as well as the upcoming Rom and Micronauts books.

M.A.S.K. had a premise similiar to G.I. Joe (complete with snake-based enemies named V.E.N.O.M.), but instead of being competing military organizations they were pilots of heavily modified vehicles. In addition, the pilots wore masks that gave them special abilities. It was created by Kenner in 1985, and Hasbro acquired the company in 1991.

M.A.S.K. isn't a stranger to comic books, however. The original 1985 toys were packaged with minicomics produced by Kenner, with DC later publishing a four-issue miniseries and later an ongoing series. In the United Kingdom, Fleetway also published a M.A.S.K. anthology magazine unconnected to DC or the cartoon's continuity. In 2011, Hasbro released a anthology titled UNIT-E featuring a new M.A.S.K. story written by Andy Schmidt.

IDW declined to comment on this story.

MASKED CRUSAAAAAAAAADERS
WORKING OVERTIME
FIGHTING CRIME, FIGHTING CRIME!

Some recent G.I. Joe stories have had MASK as a subdivision of G.I. Joe itself, maybe it's that. There hasn't been a Joe ongoing outside of RAH for awhile now.

You should all be considering the Wormwood Gentleman Corpse omnibus from IST this week. It is a good comic from Mr. Ben Templesmith.

Also, where did this Powers novel come from? Bendis been writing dem words again.

Okay, I need some help with my IST order. I'm definitely getting the Nameless HC and the Forever Evil TPB. But I can't decide between three volumes of Sinestro or three volumes of Phonogram.

Opinions?

Owzers

What's the good Inhuman book coming out of SW? I read issue #12 of Inhumans pre SW now and i'll move on to Attilan Rising, i need more Black Bolt, the interaction between him and Medusa was great in this issue.

Star Wars #8 was okay i guess, not a huge fan of the Han "she's totally not my wife" repetition. Rating: random Sheamus match.

Civil War #4 SW tie-in, i'm not invested in the war between the two sides. Rating: random Dudley Boys tag match without tables.

Saga #34 was good, i liked
the age jump for Hazel and her new location, it's a shame they killed Ghus off though

What's the good Inhuman book coming out of SW? I read issue #12 of Inhumans pre SW now and i'll move on to Attilan Rising, i need more Black Bolt, the interaction between him and Medusa was great in this issue.

They're both decent. All-New Inhumans is the better one. Messi likes Uncanny Inhumans more than I do. Though All-New has a serious Black Bolt deficiency.

Messi

They're both decent. All-New Inhumans is the better one. Messi likes Uncanny Inhumans more than I do. Though All-New has a serious Black Bolt deficiency.

I like All New more than Uncanny. But I think both are great. If he is looking for Bolt then go with Uncanny. If you want a great inhuman book go with All New imo. Art is better too. Then again I like Medusa way more than bolt so I am biased. Also reptile ladies and swain.

I like All New more than Uncanny. But I think both are great. If he is looking for Bolt then go with Uncanny. If you want a great inhuman book go with All New imo. Art is better too. Then again I like Medusa way more than bolt so I am biased. Also reptile ladies and swain.

Especially reptile ladies, tho.

Komodo was my favorite part of Avengers Initiative.

tim1138

Okay, I need some help with my IST order. I'm definitely getting the Nameless HC and the Forever Evil TPB. But I can't decide between three volumes of Sinestro or three volumes of Phonogram.

Opinions?

Skip volume 2 of Sinestro because it's part of a shitty crossover. If you've never read Phonogram before start with the Singles Club, it's a series of one shots, is super accessible, and is probably the best of the series.

Calcium

Banned
Secret Wars worth checking out for someone who reads very little Marvel? I think I only read Daredevil and X-Men at this point, doubt either of them feature prominently.

Top Bottom