• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Begun, the VR war has.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Man, I am NOT a believer in VR. I mean, I think it's definitely going to be a big part of the future, but I don't think this stuff is going to take off right now. As impressive as the new VR tech is compared to what there was in the days of yore, it's still not where it needs to be for what everyone is expecting.

Secret Wars worth checking out for someone who reads very little Marvel? I think I only read Daredevil and X-Men at this point, doubt either of them feature prominently.

You'd probably be better off getting some of the Battleworld/Warzones books, since they're self contained and just use the forging of Battleworld as a start point. The main book had three years of build across multiple books.

Man, I am NOT a believer in VR. I mean, I think it's definitely going to be a big part of the future, but I don't think this stuff is going to take off right now. As impressive as the new VR tech is compared to what there was in the days of yore, it's still not where it needs to be for what everyone is expecting.

I'm just looking forward to the debates and the NUMBERZ threads when we get sales. My big ticket money this year is allocated. I should have my new chair already but the delivery company have somehow lost my phone number THREE TIMES.

Owzers

Secret Wars worth checking out for someone who reads very little Marvel? I think I only read Daredevil and X-Men at this point, doubt either of them feature prominently.

not really, it's an end-cap for Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run and maybe Fantastic Four too. I'd advise subbing to MU and reading all of Hickman's Marvel stuff though if you haven't, especially his Fantastic Four/FF which was more phenomenal than AJ Styles.

Boogiepop

Dredd is one of those books I would have an interest in if it wasn't just so daunting at this point. Like if you want to start watching One Piece then find out that it's 700 episodes in.
Can't speak for Dredd, but that's why you read One Piece rather than watching it. There's still a lot, but it's much more reasonable (plus I'd asaume the ridiculously slow pacing probably hurts the anime anyway...)

Also, my order with Walking Dead Compendiums 2 and 3 and the trade out for Death Vigil arrived. Spent way too much lately, going to have to try not purchase much for a while, keep things light. At least that should let me take a bite out of my backlog...

Calcium

Banned
Begun, the VR war has.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

I'm somewhat interested in VR, but I'll be waiting to see how good the games are before I buy. The Wii/Wii U taught me that.

You'd probably be better off getting some of the Battleworld/Warzones books, since they're self contained and just use the forging of Battleworld as a start point. The main book had three years of build across multiple books.

not really, it's an end-cap for Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers run and maybe Fantastic Four too. I'd advise subbing to MU and reading all of Hickman's Marvel stuff though if you haven't, especially his Fantastic Four/FF which was more phenomenal than AJ Styles.

Nah, I don't think so.

Ah, I'll pass then. I can't stand the Fantastic Four. I'll just read a Wiki or sometihng to know what is going on in the Marvel Universe. Thanks guys.

If Doctor Doom had YOU ARE YOU ARE I AM I AM as Battleworld's anthem, it would be the greatest event of all time.

Christian

I'm curious about Secret Wars, as well. I'm an on-and-off reader, I binge for like two months, buying up everything I can, then take a break for four. I read through SW up through issue five, and I remember being happy with it, but is the conclusion satisfying, or should I just pick up some ANAD stuff and let the event go?

Messi

I'm curious about Secret Wars, as well. I'm an on-and-off reader, I binge for like two months, buying up everything I can, then take a break for four. I read through SW up through issue five, and I remember being happy with it, but is the conclusion satisfying, or should I just pick up some ANAD stuff and let the event go?

The payoff is worth it if you have been following FF/Avengers/New Avengers. Its fine if you aren't but it loses a lot of its appeal. I would say cut your losses and move on to ANAD.

Christian

The payoff is worth it if you have been following FF/Avengers/New Avengers. Its fine if you aren't but it loses a lot of its appeal. I would say cut your losses and move on to ANAD.

I picked up all of Hickman's stuff on my last binge, so as long as the ending is decent, I may jump back in. Thanks.

We should name out next OT "Make Comics great again", but then again, it should be saved for November

I'd like to use the bit from the Invincible/Civil War poster. I'm liking Tyrant's optimistic OT titles.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. Embrace the Future. Celebrate the Future.

or, if Wonder Woman turns out to be awesome in Dawn of Justice:

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. Keep Faith. Trust To Love. Fight With Honor. But Fight To Win.

Probably too long, but I love that quote.

tim1138

I would buy it regardlessly. Want to see something from this character

What Green Lantern do you want to read about?

Hal - All of Johns run is out in three omnibi
John - Green Lantern Mosaic, not in print but on CMX
Kyle - Green Lantern (1990-2004) #48-55, Ion vol 1: The Torchbearer, Ion vol 2: The Dying Flame, Morrison's JLA
Simon Baz - N52 Green Lantern #0, #13-#20
Guy - who cares?

Between omnibi, tpb, and digital there are plenty of great Green Lantern stories to read.

Thought you were good people Tim.

Yo, if you're defending shitty Robert Venditti comics I ain't got time for you

Ah, good to know. Thanks!

No problem.

Messi

I'd like to use the bit from the Invincible/Civil War poster. I'm liking Tyrant's optimistic OT titles.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. Embrace the Future. Celebrate the Future.

or, if Wonder Woman turns out to be awesome in Dawn of Justice:

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. Keep Faith. Trust To Love. Fight With Honor. But Fight To Win.

Probably too long, but I love that quote.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016: Olivia Wilde GIFs and Wrestling, light on comics.

PsychBat!

Banned
That's... high praise?
Nah, I don't think so.
Birdie thought it was good to get into :D
Ah, I'll pass then. I can't stand the Fantastic Four. I'll just read a Wiki or sometihng to know what is going on in the Marvel Universe. Thanks guys.
Ah well we tried guys

Owzers

COMICS! |OT| April 2016: Olivia Wilde GIFs and Wrestling, light on comics.

This works. whatever month Trump loses, either primary or general, i want to make the comics thread with the title " COMICS! lOTl [November or whenever] How stupid are the people of Comics-Gaf?"

Y'all just convinced me to go the OHC route with Waid's Daredevil. I wanted to wait for the potential omnibus, but it's going to take forever and will likely be more expensive. I like the idea of the format in that it collects runs in one (or two books), but it can get unwieldy.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
OK, I am at the arc where Kingpin finally revealed to the world who Matt really is and that book is so fucking amazing.
And Bendis Elektra. Oh man. Oh man.

Oh fuck, and now Bullseye is in the game. Holy shit.

shingi70

Banned
What Green Lantern do you want to read about?

Hal - All of Johns run is out in three omnibi
John - Green Lantern Mosaic, not in print but on CMX
Kyle - Green Lantern (1990-2004) #48-55, Ion vol 1: The Torchbearer, Ion vol 2: The Dying Flame, Morrison's JLA
Simon Baz - N52 Green Lantern #0, #13-#20
Guy - who cares?

Between omnibi, tpb, and digital there are plenty of great Green Lantern stories to read.

Yo, if you're defending shitty Robert Venditti comics I ain't got time for you

No problem.

Thought you meant GL in general. The Venditti stuff is pretty terrible.

JTripper

XJQhm1j.jpg

Ahhh it's beautiful!

I love this inner cover much better than the sleeve, but holy shit this book is big. Biggest omnibus I own.

I've never read Odyssey though, is it good?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Image June Solicits for anyone who wants to "purchase" them for free and download them.

My list

Top 5 most anticipated are in bold

The Autumnlands #13
The Beauty #8
Black Road #3
Cry Havoc #6
East of West #27
I Hate Fairyland #6
Lazarus #22
Manifest Destiny #20
Mirror #5
Nailbiter #22
Paper Girls #6
Revival #41
Shutter #22

Tokyo Ghost #8
The Walking Dead #155
The Wicked + The Divine #20

OK, I am at the arc where Kingpin finally revealed to the world who Matt really is and that book is so fucking amazing.
And Bendis Elektra. Oh man. Oh man.

Oh fuck, and now Bullseye is in the game. Holy shit.

Yeah, the Bendis/Maleev Daredevil is by far my favorite DD run ever. I love street-level Marvel.

Owzers

I still haven't read Bendis' Daredevil, i blame it on Bendis and that i own it on mixed formats and look down upon that as inferior reading. One ultimate collection, a regular small trade, one oversized hardcover volume, and then the Omnibus vol 2. Disgusting.

I still haven't read Bendis' Daredevil, i blame it on Bendis and that i own it on mixed formats and look down upon that as inferior reading. One ultimate collection, a regular small trade, one oversized hardcover volume, and then the Omnibus vol 2. Disgusting.

You own all of that and you still haven't read it. Haha.

Calcium

Banned

How'd you manage that?

Owzers

How'd you manage that?

I don't even remember how i got the omnibus, i got the other three from gohastings during their used sales which is how i got a lot of my trades for awhile when i was trying to catch up on a lot of stuff. I kept waiting for matching volumes to go on sale and they never did and now that i have the whole run in weird formats i don't feel like rebuying stuff.

edit: Trummmmmmmmmmmmmp you can't keep me out of this thread i'm taking Florida, if you have complaints email Rubio he's got nothing else to do.

Top Bottom