• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damm, comics gaf getting real. Wish you the best, Rhaknar

Its fine, its just... normal shit we all have I guess (debts, mortgages, what have you), I dont make a big deal out of it, it is what it is and you deal with it. Just seeing alot of first world problems on gaf lately tho and it starts to get to you lol.

Or, you know, I'm cranky like I said.

Marvel Knights is worth picking up, yes? Ruckas wasn't on my to-buy list, but I may well get that, too.
(
Most would say yes, but I preferred Ruckas run over Ennis's MK work. The Mk run was pretty silly and over the top. He brought a lot of his Preacher sensibilities to the series, minus the heart. But the bar was so so low when he took over It elevated the start of his run more than my tasks on it.

Now his punisher max comics he did later? Those were great.

Vyer

I have no car or girlfriend. I can't find a bright side anywhere. To those saying, Disney just for kids, I know but I just wanted to have a some tinge of being happy. I've been on walking a tightrope on depression hardcore since the holidays last year.

I'm sorry mreddie. :(

Maybe talk about the situation with your brothers or a close family member. Extended family can be fine, but sometimes they don't need to be the wedge between you and your family they can be. You need to bullshit or just someone to rant at for a while, feel free man.

Welcome friend. Welcome to the promise land!

It took me a day or so and a case I liked to adjust to it. I was overwhelmed by it at first. Now when I pick up my old pad I think " this thing is tiny!"

Take advantage of the split pane. You actually have enough screen space to make it useful.

Yeah I think a case would help. I'm gonna see what the 10" Pro offers tomorrow and decide from there. That two page view tho....

You are the yin to my yang.

XoYgHyi.jpg

Vyer

You are the yin to my yang

Financial devastation awaits.

I mean, I had to save up my personal money and basically wait to get this iPad half off before I could pull the trigger. You hittin that hot toys shit on the regular

I am coated in envy, like Dwight's hands are coated in stickem

I mean, I had to save up my personal money and basically wait to get this iPad half off before I could pull the trigger. You hittin that hot toys shit on the regular

Personal money? I doubt Messi is putting those Hot Toys on a company expense account.

Vyer

Personal money? I doubt Messi is putting those Hot Toys on a company expense account.

Lol, no, nothing like that. The wife and I put the majority of our pay checks into a joint account. We keep a little bit for ourselves for our own stuff (like my comics) or for gifts.

Messi

It's all about picking your battles with hot toys and waiting for the right ones. I have very few bills currently so it allows me a fair bit of my wages to spend on random shit.

Fucking Dwight man. Bad enough that he cheated but then to be dumb enough to say you have done it in every game for years. Ffs.

gTZOWH4.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Age of Apocalypse #2-4: Great take on this universe (im biased since AoA is my favorite event ever) as the X-Men and the Horsemen are caught in the middle of a war and a legacy virus outbreak. Sandoval's art is awesome as usual, unfortunately he doesnt do issue #4. I like the twist with
Apocalypse dyung to the Legacy virus he himself released to see who was fit to survive
. Hopefully Sando is back for #5 but I have a feeling he was probably busy with New Avengers by this point. I wish he was on a X-Men title, I feel like his style suits those books the best.

House of M #1-3: wasnt really feeling this at first, especially coming off of AoA (another domain ruled by mutants where humans are hunted) but it grew on me with the namor/quicksilver coup. Art is kind of bland in issues 1 and 2 but I really like the artist on #3. Anyway nothing amazing but its ok, the definition of a MU title (as opposed to something you would buy).

Owzers

It's all about picking your battles with hot toys and waiting for the right ones. I have very few bills currently so it allows me a fair bit of my wages to spend on random shit.

Fucking Dwight man. Bad enough that he cheated but then to be dumb enough to say you have done it in every game for years. Ffs.

I saw that on nba.com after it happened. It might be more gamesmanship than cheating? The real problem is he's been using stickum for years yet a championship has always gotten through his grasp.

I do not care if that's an easy joke, it needs to be done.

mreddie

Well I can barely afford my dog's diabetes medicine, I can feel myself physically break down more and more after 6 years of graveyard shifts, my house is literally falling apart and the loan I tried to put in to fix it didnt go through.

You know, actual problems >_>

Edit: meh sorry I'm just cranky I guess

At least you have a pet and if that was a sight against me, whatever. I know people have it worst than me, I just hate myself.

IrishNinja

Ennis's WWII work is really good, but it helps that he loves that period of time, so its treated respectively

How were the those books he did for Marvel and DC last year?.

oh, for sure - War Stories & the like were absolute highlights. i didn't read the Platoon thing he did (most of his punisher work was grand, though) but Section 8 was like a boring dick joke after the greatness that was Hitman, personally.

If you liked the Waid run, nope. Not because it's dark but because Soule's run flat out ignores the Waid run.
But why?
Snyder is the source. He said it on Twitter but nice try on dismissing my legitimate concerns with bleeding cool and how it's website is run.
asdsoauxq.gif

Daniel Clowes' interview about Patience, his older works and his work style in general.

http://www.salon.com/2016/03/19/adu...that_has_very_clear_moral_boundaries_i_guess/

He also has a few words about super-hero comics that do make him sound like a bit of an ass.

He judges all of us.

his stare says "i'm emotionally defective and you can too"

I read it as emotional detective

What a dipshit.

Also:

That poor kid
Good lord
Damm, comics gaf getting real. Wish you the best, Rhaknar
I know right? I feel bad for not having it as bad.

So C2E2 was pretty good this year,,, kinda sucked i didnt sleep much night before so I was only at C2E2 for like 4 or 5 hours and i took off..
Really disappointed in myself for not seeing Mike Mignola :(( had no patients left for long as lines before he was even there.

Greg Capullo is they coolest, awesomest dude in the comic business that I have ever met.

There was already 100+ people in line 10 minutes into the Con (including me), and he wasn't even going to be at his table till noon.
He got there at 11:30am and shook EVERY, SINGLE persons hand that was in line and talked to them. Such a cool ass guy.
His wife actually had to come get him because he was talking on some random persons phone in line while making his way back to his table.. lol

(My ears aren't really that damn big! haha)

Also I cracked this CGC graded book open,,, and got Capullo and the inker " cgc witness signed",, my holy grail is complete...now I wait 2+ months for the damn book back.

(I will post the rest of my shit I got at the con after work, i only got one sketch done this year too :( by Vanesa Del Ray)

Rhaknar

Monday is science day

paul-davidson-x-club-no-3-dr-nemesis-riding-a-shark.jpg

thcipdrnemesis.jpg

x2.jpg

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5kz635n28pwkg4wck0sgcgg0o_640.jpg

Dr_Nemesis_Xclub_h1.jpg

Science indeed my good doctor

Cot my Secret Wars hardcover this morning. Can Marvel stop using this thin paper in these collections please?

Kind of funny, but I bought a big 400-page library edition from Dark Horse the other week, and no shit, it's twice as thick as a 400-page omnibus from Marvel. No excuse for that.

Bii

So C2E2 was pretty good this year,,, kinda sucked i didnt sleep much night before so I was only at C2E2 for like 4 or 5 hours and i took off..
Really disappointed in myself for not seeing Mike Mignola :(( had no patients left for long as lines before he was even there.

Greg Capullo is they coolest, awesomest dude in the comic business that I have ever met.

There was already 100+ people in line 10 minutes into the Con (including me), and he wasn't even going to be at his table till noon.
He got there at 11:30am and shook EVERY, SINGLE persons hand that was in line and talked to them. Such a cool ass guy.
His wife actually had to come get him because he was talking on some random persons phone in line while making his way back to his table.. lol

(My ears aren't really that damn big! haha)

Also I cracked this CGC graded book open,,, and got Capullo and the inker " cgc witness signed",, my holy grail is complete...now I wait 2+ months for the damn book back.

(I will post the rest of my shit I got at the con after work, i only got one sketch done this year too :( by Vanesa Del Ray)

I missed out on Capullo during last year's SDCC. I could have gotten him and Snyder to sign my Batman #1 but I was never early enough to get to DC's booth to grab a wristband, though I was gunning for other things at the time. If he returns to SDCC this year, he's definitely at the top of my list.

Also, I think it's BS that in order to get your shit CGC graded with a signature, you would have to have a member of their team witness it. Whatever.

And I want to see the sketch you got.

Tizoc

What do u mean by why? Why soule took the comic in another direction?
It isnt anything uncommon it happened to cass when another writer took over a cass batgirl mini thatbitnored stuff from previous books
New writers disregarding their predecessors work isnt uncommon

Vyer

How does the 'cgc witness' thing work? Do you literally have to find their booth or something and ask them to come watch you get it signed? Or are they already set up where the creators are?

MG310

How does the 'cgc witness' thing work? Do you literally have to find their booth or something and ask them to come watch you get it signed? Or are they already set up where the creators are?

Wait in a line, get to the front of a line - "My friend ran to get the CGC witness" . I've never done it but it seems like a pain..especially at a larger show.

Stegman did a "Trapped in a CGC Case" sketch for someone at C2E2

The end of Batman #49 was so badass. Damn. That issue singlehandedly redeemed the memory machine concept, which up until that point I thought was incredibly stupid. The whole issue in fact felt very, very Morrison. So in the wait for #50 I'm rereading Morrison's run and gawdamn it's even better the second time around.

MartyStu

The end of Batman #49 was so badass. Damn. That issue singlehandedly redeemed the memory machine concept, which up until that point I thought was incredibly stupid. The whole issue in fact felt very, very Morrison. So in the wait for #50 I'm rereading Morrison's run and gawdamn it's even better the second time around.

Yeah, I could not put a finger on why I loved it so much, but this is spot on.

I really like Rachel Rising so far, but I'm gonna have to skip on this book. I did really want it, but I had to spend more money than I was expecting this weekend. I have the whole thing digitally and the first few trades physically anyways, so it's not a HUGE loss for me.

Highly recommend it to anyone though. Very good artwork and characters with a good story to back it up.

I really like Rachel Rising so far, but I'm gonna have to skip on this book. I did really want it, but I had to spend more money than I was expecting this weekend. I have the whole thing digitally and the first few trades physically anyways, so it's not a HUGE loss for me.

Do you really think he's going to sell through all 750 before your next paycheck?

It's not to bad really,, but can seem a little stressful trying to make sure there is a witness around,, if not you gotta go to the booth once you start getting closer to the front of the line.

If its a big artist then there will be like 2 witnesses there, so they can alternate taking people back to the booth after its been signed.

But if they aren't around then yeah you have to go get them for the signature. they're usually always located right next to artist alley basically.

Probably the only book I'll have sig cgc'd

I missed out on Capullo during last year's SDCC. I could have gotten him and Snyder to sign my Batman #1 but I was never early enough to get to DC's booth to grab a wristband, though I was gunning for other things at the time. If he returns to SDCC this year, he's definitely at the top of my list.

Also, I think it's BS that in order to get your shit CGC graded with a signature, you would have to have a member of their team witness it. Whatever.

And I want to see the sketch you got.

Yeah I really wish I would have had more energy and patience,,, kinda bummed I didnt see Mignola, Manapul, Noto mainly.

But the whole experience with Capullo and how fucking cool he was topped everything.

Top Bottom