• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Ross61

Man both Soule and Snyders runs of Swamp Thing were phenomenal. They both brought something different to the title and I can't chose a favorite between the two. The book is just great from start to finish.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
soon.....
BM_50_1.jpg
Is Gordon that shitty as Robobat that Bruce has to smear him?

So C2E2 was pretty good this year,,, kinda sucked i didnt sleep much night before so I was only at C2E2 for like 4 or 5 hours and i took off..
Really disappointed in myself for not seeing Mike Mignola :(( had no patients left for long as lines before he was even there.

Greg Capullo is they coolest, awesomest dude in the comic business that I have ever met.

There was already 100+ people in line 10 minutes into the Con (including me), and he wasn't even going to be at his table till noon.
He got there at 11:30am and shook EVERY, SINGLE persons hand that was in line and talked to them. Such a cool ass guy.
His wife actually had to come get him because he was talking on some random persons phone in line while making his way back to his table.. lol

(My ears aren't really that damn big! haha)

Also I cracked this CGC graded book open,,, and got Capullo and the inker " cgc witness signed",, my holy grail is complete...now I wait 2+ months for the damn book back.

(I will post the rest of my shit I got at the con after work, i only got one sketch done this year too :( by Vanesa Del Ray)
That facial hair is fantastic
Monday is science day

paul-davidson-x-club-no-3-dr-nemesis-riding-a-shark.jpg

thcipdrnemesis.jpg

x2.jpg

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_5kz635n28pwkg4wck0sgcgg0o_640.jpg

Dr_Nemesis_Xclub_h1.jpg

Science indeed my good doctor

Nemesis is bestis

Finished with Waid and Samnee's Daredevil. I know people said the second run was weaker, and I would definitely agree in the case of the Original Sin stuff, it was still GREAT. The Purple Children arc along with the last arc were just awesome comics. I quite enjoyed the Stunt Master stuff too.

I loved the direction Waid took the cast in, and it felt like a natural evolution for everyone and it got a nice, concluding ending that left me very pleased. He made some wonderful callbacks to older stuff, especially Born Again, that were very well done. He gets Matt and it was just a joy to follow this series. Samnee killed it on art like always, he couldn't be a better fit for this series if he tried honestly.

The Original Sin stuff wasn't necessarily bad, but it just felt kind of... pointless. I never heard a huge desire to learn about Matt's mom personally and it didn't really need to exist. While it was well written and handled very maturely, I would agree with frye in calling it somewhat hollow.

Still, great run all throughout. I definitely like it more than the Bendis run (which I also loved). It's just... so good. Even the more ho-hum arcs were fun to follow. Hopefully Black Widow continues this.

frye

Finished with Waid and Samnee's Daredevil. I know people said the second run was weaker, and I would definitely agree in the case of the Original Sin stuff, it was still GREAT. The Purple Children arc along with the last arc were just awesome comics. I quite enjoyed the Stunt Master stuff too.

I loved the direction Waid took the cast in, and it felt like a natural evolution for everyone and it got a nice, concluding ending that left me very pleased. He made some wonderful callbacks to older stuff, especially Born Again, that were very well done. He gets Matt and it was just a joy to follow this series. Samnee killed it on art like always, he couldn't be a better fit for this series if he tried honestly.

The Original Sin stuff wasn't necessarily bad, but it just felt kind of... pointless. I never heard a huge desire to learn about Matt's mom personally and it didn't really need to exist. While it was well written and handled very maturely, I would agree with frye in calling it somewhat hollow.

Still, great run all throughout. I definitely like it more than the Bendis run (which I also loved). It's just... so good. Even the more ho-hum arcs were fun to follow. Hopefully Black Widow continues this.

yeah, I rate this over Bendis/Maleev as well and have pretty much since the big Born Again riff from the first volume. I also like the first Brubaker/Lark arc much more than anything from Bendis/Maleev as well -- it's a good run of comics but I think I lack the gene to appreciate Maleev's stiff photo-referenced figures the way other people seem to be able to

Busaiku

I picked up the newest Red Sonja issues with Marguerite Bennet,and I think it's ok.
Should I check out the Gail Simone run? Does the current run reference this (I certainly wouldn't know)?
Main reason I don't want to is bikini armor.

I picked up the newest Red Sonja issues with Marguerite Bennet,and I think it's ok.
Should I check out the Gail Simone run? Does the current run reference this (I certainly wouldn't know)?

You should check it out. It's good! And there is less of the chainmail bikini than you imagine (but there is still some).

Red Sonja is okay. That sums up pretty much every Red Sonja book I've ever read, and that's a decent amount of Red Sonja.
Don't listen to Messi.
Red Sonja has never really reached a point of being a great book. It's good at what it does, but it never really goes beyond that.

That shouldn't add or take away from the enjoyment of this book. It set itself apart completely.

Gail Simones Red Sonja was great fun. Take my opinion of leave it. It matters not.

Nothing personal or anything, Messi. I've just gotten the impression that you go a bit easier on books with characters you're especially fond of.

Messi

Nothing personal or anything, Messi. I've just gotten the impression that you go a bit easier on books with characters you're especially fond of.

Yes, I went really easy on Catwoman a character I am very fond of. When I have a problem with a book I stop talking about it. I don't waste energy on it. It makes me come across as someone who likes everything. But that is just because I am selective of what I talk about on here now. Take Harley for example. When is the last time I actually talked about that book? the actually jimmy and amanda comic book? its been months. I think its turned to shit. But there is no point in harping on it because no one cares.

I also have little to no history with Sonja or X-23 (outside of team books).

So, I disagree. But its ok, we don't have to agree on the quality of a book.

Owzers

Yes, I went really easy on Catwoman a character I am very fond of. When I have a problem with a book I stop talking about it. I don't waste energy on it. It makes me come across as someone who likes everything. But that is just because I am selective of what I talk about on here now. Take Harley for example. When is the last time I actually talked about that book? the actually jimmy and amanda comic book? its been months. I think its turned to shit. But there is no point in harping on it because no one cares.

I also have little to no history with Sonja or X-23 (outside of team books).

So, I disagree. But its ok, we don't have to agree on the quality of a book.

Actually...because you don't talk about Harley i just assumed you still liked it and didn't want to post about it.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Whats about the Elektra/Wolverine The Redeemer story? Cover looks like straight out of the Kamasutra

Edit: Shit, the art on the Rucka book o_O

Edit2:

latest

Owzers

Ok, I've purchased Punisher stuff:

All of Ennis'
Rucka's
Daredevil vs Punisher
Trial of Punisher

What should I start with?

I don't understand the question, you already did the most important part. I'm doing something productive, making a Taylor Swift playlist from the four albums i have.

Calcium

Banned
Man both Soule and Snyders runs of Swamp Thing were phenomenal.

Glad you guys enjoyed those amazing books. Swamp Thing and Daredevil are two of my favorite superheroes, always glad to see them getting some love around here.

Early BvS buzz sounds positive. I'm shocked. I've never been so happy to be wrong about a movie.

Top Bottom