• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

i turned on Raw....there's no going back now.

I'm flipping back and forth between that and Gotham. Jesus Christ, man... Jessica Lucas is gorgeous.

tumblr_inline_msb5piE2mT1qz4rgp.gif

mreddie

After last night and feeling like ass during the day, let's see if I can be happy.

Yay, Lee is back on Silk, Janet is back on Uncanny, isn't June the start of CW2?

Calcium

Banned
I have to lay my new Absolute editions on top of my bookshelf. None of my shelves can accommodate that height. Probably should have taken that into consideration. Oh well.

After last night and feeling like ass during the day, let's see if I can be happy.

Good luck, sir.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oh I had no idea that trade just came out. Did it hold up or did it suffer after Robbi left?
I haven't picked up the last volume yet, so I can't comment on how it all wraps up. I don't think the art changes were particularly detrimental. I think the story gets strangely convoluted, and takes a lot of tangents that aren't necessarily worth the amount of time devoted to them. For example, much of Vol 2 is set in a separate reality that ultimately only loosely and abstractly impacts what comes next. A lot of excursions into characters' back stories pop up as well. I think some of that takes the wind out of the sails from the main plot, and in hindsight, for a series that lasts 24 issues, maybe those things aren't the best uses of available time/space. Then you get big plot movements that might appear a little rushed, with lots of wild events happening in quick bursts.

Dan

CASANOVA: ACEDIA #5
STORY: MATT FRACTION & MICHAEL CHABON
ART / COVER: FÁBIO MOON & GABRIEL BÁ
JUNE 1 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99
NEW STORY ARC

The world-melting CASANOVA returns. Casanova Quinn doesn't remember who he is or how he got here -- the only thing he knows is an awful lot of people want him dead and the world might be ending. Psychedelic, sexy, and surreal science-fiction the way only comics can do it.

This post is non-canon

Wouldn't it be fucking bonkers if BVS' ending slowly pans up to reveal CGI doubles of Reeve Superman, Carter Wonder Woman, and Keaton Batman looking on menacingly from a different dimension before a cut to black?

Great. Now I'm gon be pissed if this doesn't happen.

ElNarez

Banned
CASANOVA: ACEDIA #5
STORY: MATT FRACTION & MICHAEL CHABON
ART / COVER: FÁBIO MOON & GABRIEL BÁ
JUNE 1 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.99
NEW STORY ARC

The world-melting CASANOVA returns. Casanova Quinn doesn't remember who he is or how he got here -- the only thing he knows is an awful lot of people want him dead and the world might be ending. Psychedelic, sexy, and surreal science-fiction the way only comics can do it.

It's fucking weird, but, based on what Fraction said about the writing of the issue, the whole idea of a comic he doesn't even remember writing, that's got me somewhat hyped? Like, as an experience?

Dan

way to bury the fucking lede dude

CASANOVA RETURNS

ALSO LAZARUS

ALSO ALSO PAPER GIRLS
I don't read singles, so I kinda breeze through that stuff unless there are cool debuts.

I am, however, happy to see Rumble starting a new arc, since I don't think its sales have been particularly great.

Messi

I don't read singles, so I kinda breeze through that stuff unless there are cool debuts.

I am, however, happy to see Rumble starting a new arc, since I don't think its sales have been particularly great.

About 6k copies :/

It's fucking weird, but, based on what Fraction said about the writing of the issue, the whole idea of a comic he doesn't even remember writing, that's got me somewhat hyped? Like, as an experience?

Pretty much every one of Casanova's scripts seem to come from this strangely personal place, which I think is a big reason why take so long to come out. Shit will be his/Ba/Moon magnum opus once all seven deadly sins are done.

Dan

About 6k copies :/
I wish there were a nice way to see how trades do in the bookshop market, since we really only see Diamond stuff (for both singles and trades).

Is Diamond involved with digital singles through Comixology? I would think not, unless for some wacky old contractual thing.

Messi

I wish there were a nice way to see how trades do in the bookshop market, since we really only see Diamond stuff (for both singles and trades).

Is Diamond involved with digital singles through Comixology? I would think not, unless for some wacky old contractual thing.

I don't actually know about that. But as time goes on it is becoming clearer and clearer that diamond's numbers are completely representive of how a book is selling. Some books are doing much better digitally than physically (Ms Marvel, Gotham Academy, Lumberjanes). BKV said that Saga sells more digitally than it does physically (which btw, is fucking insane as it sells like 50-70k a month)

VanWinkle

I really hope Descender gets a deluxe edition OHC like Black Science (but one with a sewn binding instead of the terrible glued binding of the "fixed" Black Science one).

VanWinkle

Wait what fix?

The initial print run had faded lettering (still readable but definitely pretty faded), but a nice quality sewn binding with no gutter loss. Because of the faded lettering, they didn't officially release it. The official release was obviously rushed and had a terrible glued binding that's insanely tight with wretched gutter loss.

Messi

There was a misprint of some sort in the Black Science OHC. Not the recent release, but some defective copies actually made it to retail about a month earlier.

The initial print run had faded lettering (still readable but definitely pretty faded), but a nice quality sewn binding with no gutter loss. Because of the faded lettering, they didn't officially release it. The official release was obviously rushed and had a terrible glued binding that's insanely tight with wretched gutter loss.

Well that is insanely disappointing. Not gonna get it now unless they fix it. Too expensive to not get the right experience.

Owzers

Fix it with paint. Everything will be fine. Painted bindings for everyone.
My potential batwoman bat paint came in today, it was a big failure. I might have to learn how to mix paints.

The beginning of the first hobbit movie is so good, why did it have to be the way it is?

Yay, Lee is back on Silk, Janet is back on Uncanny, isn't June the start of CW2?
That's what I like to do when I'm not feeling so hot, focus on the good even if it's something simple or hobby-related. It gets better.

I really need to read through Casanova. I quite enjoyed the first OHC but never started the other two. I'll probably just restart it from the beginning eventually.

Top Bottom