• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Started playing OnePiece Pirate Warriors 2 the other day. Decided to buy the third and am unabashedly addicted. Now I have a strong urge to get back into that OP life. I dunno if I can again. They pulling me back in...

Comic related news: Friend gave me Kingdom Come as a late birthday present. And this sick collage that he made and framed:
FCBThqF.jpg

So yeah, good day today.

that last page of Coming of the Supermen #1 is fucking bonkers

I'm heading to the shop tomorrow to pick up some back issues and i'm definitely grabbing #2. I need answers for all this shit that happened in #1. Also, apparently Tony Bedard co-scripted it and i'm sure that's why there's way less "oh... my god... Robin.... Dick..." style writing in it

arkon

I wish there were a nice way to see how trades do in the bookshop market, since we really only see Diamond stuff (for both singles and trades).

Is Diamond involved with digital singles through Comixology? I would think not, unless for some wacky old contractual thing.

There's Bookscan numbers. Just a shame seemingly nobody reports on them regularly in detail like that CBR dude. There was this leak though: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o95cw82hnrq7tp6/Bookscan-15-Top-750.xlsx?dl=0 which if correct means Rumble volume 1 sold at best about 3.4k in the 6 months or so it was available, with all the caveats that apply.

I am really not looking forward to endless future discussions about
Batman and the no-kill rule
now that BvS is out. If Wonder Woman
snaps a neck in her solo
then I am done.

EDIT: Added tags just in case, if you quoted me follow suit please.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I am really not looking forward to endless future discussions about Batman and the no-kill rule. If Wonder Woman snaps a neck in her solo then I am done.
Cant wait for all of the fanboy wars that are going to take place.

Maybe I will just ignore the threads and just go into the Spoiler Topics.

VanWinkle

Started playing OnePiece Pirate Warriors 2 the other day. Decided to buy the third and am unabashedly addicted. Now I have a strong urge to get back into that OP life. I dunno if I can again. They pulling me back in...

Comic related news: Friend gave me Kingdom Come as a late birthday present. And this sick collage that he made and framed:

So yeah, good day today.

Can't see picture. :-(

snaps a neck in her solo
then I am done.

So it's true then? Hmm. Everything about Affleck's Batman has looked good to me so far so I'll wait til I see it before judging.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
snaps a neck in her solo
then I am done.

Batman really kills?

Mindwipe

Hoooo shit that's pretty cool.

There's no way I can get on the Hot Toys train - I spend enough on Transformers as it is - but that's nice. That's damned nice.

Continuing with the Carl Barks' library, started on A Christmas for Shacktown. The stories jump from daily-sitcom slapstick to one-page gags to grand adventures so rapidly. Really enjoying that.

And then there are the sudden Wodehouse-esque sequences that come out of nowhere. Like this one...

http://i.imgur.com/qK9wyop.jpg

In other news, still trying to get rid of my copy of the Geoff Johns Green Lantern omnibus. No one seems to want it. :(

Messi

Hoooo shit that's pretty cool.

There's no way I can get on the Hot Toys train - I spend enough on Transformers as it is - but that's nice. That's damned nice.

I have two Batman figures on order and Superman. Obviously getting this. It's an expensive life.

Owzers

That's a good looking wonder woman thing. Still probably not buying any hot toys, i didn't cave on Rey, i don't think i will on WW.

Bii

I have two Batman figures on order and Superman. Obviously getting this. It's an expensive life.

I'm thinking about going full Hot Toys and dropping all of the (unopened) Nendoroids I've been amassing. I only have 3 Hot Toys figures right now and one preordered.

Burning Blood hype!

Please be good please be good please be good......

Owzers

Zatanna figure....soon, but still far away :X

Marvel June solicits, Avengers Standoff OHC. You guys are so getting this.

CIVIL WAR II #1 (OF 7)
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • DAVID MARQUEZ (A)
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
56 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99 (MAR160703)
The explosive first chapter in the comic event EVERYONE will be talking about. And we come out swinging with a blistering double-sized first issue from the creative team behind last year’s best-selling debut of INVINCIBLE IRON MAN and Miles Morales. A new Inhuman, with the ability to profile the future, emerges and the ramifications ripple into every corner of the Marvel Universe. Lines are drawn, bodies fall, and the Marvel Universe will be rocked to it’s very core. The action starts here!

CIVIL WAR II #2 (OF 7)
40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
Two issues in one month? Hell yes! As the Marvel Universe reels from the events of the first issue, Tony Stark decides to take matters (and the law) into his own hands and declares war on the Inhumans. But not everyone agrees with Tony’s perspective and they are willing to die trying to stop him.

Deadpool #13 is 96 pages and $9.99.

Looks like we are getting a War of Kings omnibus too. But some of it might intersect with the GOTG omnibus.

What do you guys think of Max Landis's Superman: American Alien? I'm all caught up as of last night and I love it.

It is INCREDIBLE. Masterclass in writing Lex dialogue, for one thing. Clark is enormously likable and incredibly, deeply, human. Which is not something a lot of writers can pull off, not this well. Pak was definitely going there when Truth started up, before the story got hijacked by Wrath. And the art, lawd. Different artist every issue and a knockout every time.

Also, that issue on the boat made me laugh harder than a comic has in a while. Landis might not be able to put together a decent screenplay to save his life, but he's got some chops when it comes to comics.

Dalek

It is INCREDIBLE. Masterclass in writing Lex dialogue, for one thing. Clark is enormously likable and incredibly, deeply, human. Which is not something a lot of writers can pull off, not this well. Pak was definitely going there when Truth started up, before the story got hijacked by Wrath. And the art, lawd. Different artist every issue and a knockout every time.

Also, that issue on the boat made me laugh harder than a comic has in a while.

Yeah at first the boat issue threw me, because I thought it was a dream at first with all the cameos, but once I realized what was happening I was grinning. I think the whole series is brilliant. Landis really gets Clark. That Jae Lee issue looked amazing too.

MG310

CIVIL WAR II #1 (OF 7)
56 PGS./Rated T+ …$5.99 (MAR160703)

CIVIL WAR II #2 (OF 7)
40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Deadpool #13 is 96 pages and $9.99.

Looks like we are getting a War of Kings omnibus too. But some of it might intersect with the GOTG omnibus.

I think that's Marko's first Marvel work in 5 or 6 years. It didn't end well last time with him having bad things to say about editors and that JMS writes like toilet paper.

Messi

After Scarlets shocking return to the solicits last month with 2 issues, it is in this months solicits again with another issue and a reissue of the first trade. Its really happening isnt it. We are getting more Scarlet.

I think that's Marko's first Marvel work in 5 or 6 years. It didn't end well last time with him having bad things to say about editors and that JMS writes like toilet paper.
Hes not very nice tbh

Hes probably the only artist Ive ever met that actually came off badly when I met him

Vyer

To me, It just feels like territory that's been visited and done better.

Can you give some examples?

Also, that issue on the boat made me laugh harder than a comic has in a while. Landis might not be able to put together a decent screenplay to save his life, but he's got some chops when it comes to comics.

How I've felt for the most part. The last issue was the weakest imo but overall I've enjoyed it.

Top Bottom