• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Cap 1 > Cap 2

tumblr_inline_nx7ax6xzHl1tg5msm_500.gif

reported

the first third of that first Cap movie is 👌

that's honestly really what i'm talking about, because the second half of that movie... it's a second half of a Marvel movie alright. Maybe i'd like the whole thing less if i saw it for the first time today tho

Cap 2 is like that second half but for 2+ hours

Miller's Daredevil is really good so far. I like how dense it is-- you get so much out of every issue. It's so different compared to more modern stuff with how decompressed and strung out they are. I'm still early on (#173) but I like Bullseye a lot so far. His run-ins with Matt have all been great.

I've never been a huge fan of Miller's art personally, but his art's really good in this series. I dug how he did the lighting in this scene, for example:

frye

that's honestly really what i'm talking about, because the second half of that movie... it's a second half of a Marvel movie alright. Maybe i'd like the whole thing less if i saw it for the first time today tho

yeah, the later parts of the movie are rough to sit through

Ant-Man is kinda like that too imo, really charming actors and TI doing their thing for a minute and by the time it's Paul Rudd (aka the most handsome man in America) and Corey Stoll throwing down it's like zzzzzzz

Dark Horses hachette catalog out for Fall 2016.

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.c...ook=1&startIndex=0&rows=100&sord=1&savecook=1

A 2nd Stan Sakai gallery edition!

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.c...oupID=0&catalogID=3826876&org=&sku=1616559241

And a decent price on the Moebius library books. $50 for the first volume.

http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.c...oupID=0&catalogID=3826876&org=&sku=1506702163

Trim size seems to be similar to Marvel/DC OHC/Deluxe sizing.

Goon LE 4 and Usagi Yojimbo saga 7 also listed.

yeah, the later parts of the movie are rough to sit through

Ant-Man is kinda like that too imo, really charming actors and TI doing their thing for a minute and by the time it's Paul Rudd (aka the most handsome man in America) and Corey Stoll throwing down it's like zzzzzzz

yup, it's pretty meh with some fun scenes. I do like Paul Rudd in it though

yeah i aint fucking with these finales in most of these movies now. it all blends together.

best part of ant man was the first half hour imo the rest can go away. loved the baskin robbins shit, his dumb crew and especially michael douglas. great casting on that one.

jackdoe

Cap 1 was a good movie, one of Marvel's best, but it was missing a good ten to twenty minutes of fully costumed Cap and Howling Commandos footage which would have made the film great. That montage in the middle was way too short. But man, the people that I watched the movie with hated it. They thought it was corny as hell, but that was the whole point in its charm.

PsychBat!

Banned
GotG aggressively mediocre? I don't know about that. The dialogue didn't want me to shoot my own face off. The action was okay at best. Characters besides Gamora were great. Ronan sucked sure, but the climax he was in where he finally interacts with our heroes directly is great. He was this super serious bad guy and then he is faced with the not so serious rookie team with absolutely no experience in the field together... the tone of the protagonists and antagonist clashes but not like in a oreo/orange juice way, but in a peanut butter and jelly way.

It isn't the new Star Wars, but it isn't your regular MCU movie at all.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My list for tomorrow....

Cry Havoc #3
Mirror #2

Though I'm not actually going to read any of my new comics until I finish AoA.

Messi

Anyone see that teaser for Rebirth Harley Quinn DC posted on Twitter. It's a quick shot at a new costume it seems and she appears to be on a team of heroes??

I will laugh so hard if she is in the Justice League

No new comics for me till April. Then I am dropping stacks on hellboy, invincible and daredevil
I haven't read Invincible but Hellboy and Daredevil are good shit:👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

Messi

Emojis?

I am leaving this community

Oh my. The back of the wicked and the divine OHC. This might be the fanciest OHC image has ever done.

10584602_1033142780080091_1658636596_n.jpg

Owzers

Anyone see that teaser for Rebirth Harley Quinn DC posted on Twitter. It's a quick shot at a new costume it seems and she appears to be on a team of heroes??

DC should throw all the popular characters together like in Avengers, Batgirl needs to be on this team.

Dropped Afterlife with Archie, Black Science, Howard the Duck, Justice League 3001, Monstress, Sex, Tokyo Ghost, and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl from my pull list. No mercy.

Added All-New Wolverine, Future Quest, and Gwenpool.

EDIT:

Monstress has nice pencils but that's all; it's not very interesting and it's certainly not original.

Afterlife lost me with its long hiatus, same thing happened with Sabrina. Adios, Latey McLaterson.

Howard and Squirrel Girl both fell into category of "funny, but what else you got?" with me. Worn thin.

Rest of the books on that list got the axe for similar issues. Might drop some more books later on, the backlog's piling up again and the desire is just not there right now.

Owzers

i think my annoyance at double shipping is going to keep me from some dc books that i'd check out otherwise, namely Suicide Squad. I don't trust double shippers, i don't even want them in my country.

Messi

i think my annoyance at double shipping is going to keep me from some dc books that i'd check out otherwise, namely Suicide Squad. I don't trust double shippers, i don't even want them in my country.

But Jim Lee.

Oh and 'Harley Quinn and the Suicide Squad' ell oh ell Dee Cee. Harley is in the Suicide Squad she isn't an addition to them. Blatantly selling that Harley hype.

Sandfox

The only Rebirth books I'm interested in are coincidentally the ones with tv series and cartoons right now, but double shipping turns me off.

I need to read the newer issues of Gotham Academy I have sitting around because that will determine whether or not I drop it.

Messi

The only Rebirth books I'm interested in are coincidentally the ones with tv series and cartoons right now, but double shipping turns me off.

I need to read the newer issues of Gotham Academy I have sitting around because that will determine whether or not I drop it.

Gotham Academy is still as good as always. Plus it's not double shipping in rebirth.

Return of the Injustice League, pls.

Emojis?

I am leaving this community

Oh my. The back of the wicked and the divine OHC. This might be the fanciest OHC image has ever done.

Wow, looking good. If only Image went all-out like this for all of their mid-tier books,

I think I might just buy all of invincible digitally. I don't have room on my shelf for 9 more volumes.

Regardless of format, just read it. You'll be happy you did. Especially once you hit the point where Ottley goes all artzilla on that series.

Top Bottom