• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

"Long Live the King - Part 1"

w8sc8tl.jpg

what is this

Here's a quick couple minute sketch that Vanesa Del Ray did for me,, She was a sweetheart.

cant stress enough I really wish I had the energy,, I would have gotten alot more done :/

Here's the rest of my small Con goodies....
good stuff dude, hoping VDR comes to a con near me sometime, I dig her stuff

Any comicsGAFers going to Wondercon?

Luigi87

I still need to pick up Silk from last week... and then still read like four issues, lol.

Anywho, Batman #50
I am so happy Superheavy is over. Honestly, it is the Scott Snyder story that I have not particularly cared for. Bruce as Batman is nice to have back, but... Giant robot battle. Anywho, large reset to the status quo at the end there... Not really sure what else to say.

MG310

BBTS put up new DC preorders for stuff that's going to be revealed at WonderCon

Bombshells Wonder Woman and Supergirl busts
Bombshells Halloween Batgirl
Gotham City Garage Wonder Woman
Batman Black & White Dark Knight Returns Joker

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

12" Spider-Gwen statue from Diamond Select!

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Messi

Tentatively interested in Halloween Batgirl as I missed her first one

Why? Seems like a waste of money for a character who's book you don't like.

Seems like Marvel have found their Harley.

I like the character. I found the book dull, but that doesn't mean I'll still dislike it when a new creative team comes on board. I'm sure you haven't enjoyed every Harley book, but I don't expect you to stop enjoying the character and buying tons of Harley merch.

I still need to pick up Silk from last week... and then still read like four issues, lol.

Anywho, Batman #50
I am so happy Superheavy is over. Honestly, it is the Scott Snyder story that I have not particularly cared for. Bruce as Batman is nice to have back, but... Giant robot battle. Anywho, large reset to the status quo at the end there... Not really sure what else to say.

Yeah. There were some cool moments, and while I actually liked Jim-Bats, Mr. Bloom and this whole issue particularly has had wayyyy too much of just explicitly stating and repeating all the themes. Like, some subtlety would have been nice to go along with the bombast. Kind of a dissapointing conclusion to his weakest arc. He also has too many "destroy the whole city" arcs back to back to back. Like Zero Year was cool, Endgame felt fitting, but then doing it for the third time in a row? Ehh i would have preferred a storyline more personal to Batman and tie his run full circle by doing like a Court of the Owls follow up for his final run, instead of the whole kumbaya 'everyone is the real hero' message of superheavy.

Messi

I like the character. I found the book dull, but that doesn't mean I'll still dislike it when a new creative team comes on board. I'm sure you haven't enjoyed every Harley book, but I don't expect you to stop enjoying the character and buying tons of Harley merch.

Fair enough. I've found her to be boring outside of that book too.

Did they ever revealed what killed the living tribunal?

Is Ultron-Pym still,canon? Re-read rage of Ultron. Remender and Opena should do a book together

Messi

I see Rich Johnston is updating his rumormill and fixing stuff he claimed was true a month ago. Truly a fantastic journalist.

I know some of y'all were wondering if Angela was cancelled, it is - http://www.newsarama.com/28517-marv...-of-hel-howling-commandos-of-s-h-i-e-l-d.html

That sucks. I was reading both of these books. Howling Commandos has been dumb fun, Angela has been gorgeous. I wonder where she'll end up?

I look at some of their ongoings and wonder who they're even for. Is anyone really dying to read a Hyperion comic for example?

I'm not dying to read it, but I'm gonna check it out. Squadron Supreme has been really good.

It does seem destined for a quick cancellation though, yeah.

After a long hiatus, I'm continuing my ongoing look at the 1964 Daredevil series. Everyone's favorite Hornhead is in for action and adventure a'plenty!

In issue #24, Daredevil travels to an unknown European country dealing with a militant insurgency (!) trying to overthrow their government. What nation is this? Stan Lee's geography and history knowledge is too strong! In a daring escape, he manages to confiscate a plane with enough fuel to reach the UK. And yes, a blind man can apparently operate an airplane by feeling the vibrations of the instruments. Thanks, Stan!
ToXyfNg.png

Daredevil #25 finds our favorite hero facing off against frightful Leap-Frog, who is apparently a man wearing a green frog suit. But he has springs on his shows! Springs! And they are battery operated!
3KdSKzE.png

The same issue introduces Daredevil's twin brother, Mike Murdock! This will shock my fellow comic book readers, but Mike Murdock is none other than Matt Murdock in disguise. Brother Mike is apparently a pimp of some sort and knows all the hipster 60s lingo. He's a fly guy, no question! Matt creates Mike as a ploy to trick Foggy and Karen into thinking that Mike Murdock is Daredevil. And it...works? Also, Mike Murdock is a giant douchenozzle.
GiKKzNi.png

Issue #26 starts with more douchey Mike Murdock. Mike is out of control, I'm telling ya! His dialogue consists of sexually harassing Karen and calling Foggy fat. What a guy!
Dfo23XH.png

We also see the reintroduction of none other than Stilt Man! He's back and better than ever, having reinforced his armor and made himself twice as strong. TWICE!
xVHKKIm.png

Unfortunately, Stilt Man has one weakness: he walks on GIANT FUCKING STILTS. Daredevil takes him down with style, wrapping his legs together and causing him to tumble! George Lucas would later be spotted carrying this panel around while filming The Empire Strikes Back. Fuck off, George!
07O0hMo.png

3Jez5BV.jpg

But we aren't done! Issue #26 is packed with action, I'm telling you! And terrible lawyers. Just the worst. Here, we see a prosecutor attempt to prove the defendant is Leap-Frog but having him try on the Special Spring Shoes! If the shoes don't fit, we must acquit!
c31FCaD.png

But not only do the shoes fit, they are fully functional! Leap-Frog takes advantage of the chaos to escape. BTWANG! Not depicted in this picture is that Leap-Frog is a tool who immediately gets caught because he is incompetent. BTWANG!
50q9RoK.png

Continued...

Top Bottom