• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

More pics of that Spider-Gwen statue. Also a classic Rogue for Messi.

xL49lYH.jpg

abvX6pE.jpg

n7hQ7vR.jpg

7W8kbkq.jpg

A bit put off Avengers this week what with it being a Standoff tie-in. I don't need to be reading that to understand it do I?

I'm curious about this myself. I skipped it this week because it's a tie-in and I was hoping to get all of Standoff when it was collected or less expensive. It doesn't seem like it has gone into starting a new story, has it?

I'm curious about this myself. I skipped it this week because it's a tie-in and I was hoping to get all of Standoff when it was collected or less expensive. It doesn't seem like it has gone into starting a new story, has it?

From the preview it doesn't look like it, but the description says something about the Avengers vs the Uncanny Avengers. I'm not reading the latter atm.

Was there seriously nothing that came out today? I mean, I only bought 2 comics (Ultimates and Totally Awesome Hulk). I ended up getting the 2 back-issues of Crossed +100 I needed as well, since I have the first two trades.

*looks at giant post of reviews I spent half an hour on*

No...

Nothing came out...

*looks at giant post of reviews I spent half an hour on*

No...

Nothing came out...

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. Let me rephrase -

Did anything (of substantial quantity that A) I read, or B) find noteworthy) come out today?

No interest, don't have space for stuff that I am not 100% in on. Plus I really don't like plastic statues.

Not plastic bro. Diamond going for the big leagues now.

He also wrote Star Wars: Aftermath, and several other books.

Chuck Wendig is trash. Aftermath is trash. His writing style--trash. Lots of useless punctuation; zero flow--he can't write. Complete sentences? Sometimes. Infrequently. Coherent dialogue? Never. Illustrative imagery? Occasionally. Short sentences? The shortest!

He's bad--worth a pass. Might be less pronounced in comics; who knows?

tim1138

Chuck Wendig is trash. Aftermath is trash. His writing style--trash. Lots of useless punctuation; zero flow--he can't write. Complete sentences? Sometimes. Infrequently. Coherent dialogue? Never. Illustrative imagery? Occasionally. Short sentences? The shortest!

I agree 100% with this post.
Aftermath was one of the worst books I read last year.

His style's unusual but I thought Aftermath was ok. Definitely not a must-read though.

wait

I thought you weren't a fan of Hickman?

I'm not, generally, but the New Gods play to his strengths. When people try to humanize them, make them smaller, that's when they suffer. Hickman's greatest weakness is his character writing (IMO), so handling the New Gods like the anthropomorphizations and archetypes, the monoliths, that they're supposed to be would work really well.

He's a great plot writer, I just don't like reading his characters.

No. You see, now that he's writing for DC, HE IS AWESOME!

I saw your reviews, Mr. Poodle. I'm onto you.

:p

Squirrel Girl OHC v1 is just 8 issues mixed with some random older Squirrel Girl issues.

Maybe some of them are good, I don't know.

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL (2015A) 1-8, MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1990) 8, GLX-MAS SPECIAL 1, THE THING 8, AGE OF HEROES 3

$35.

We are also getting a Bendis GOTG omnibus.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE 1-8; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 0.1, 1-27, ANNUAL 1; GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY: TOMORROW'S AVENGERS 1; ALL-NEW X-MEN 22-24; FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2014 (GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY) 1; GUARDIANS OF KNOWHERE 1-4

$125

Messi

Squirrel Girl OHC v1 is just 8 issues mixed with some random older Squirrel Girl issues.

Maybe some of them are good, I don't know.

$35.

We are also getting a Bendis GOTG omnibus.

$125

That is because her first series ended at #8 due to secret wars. I imagine the second series will be collected in a second ohc once it hits 12 issues.

Top Bottom