• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

That is because her first series ended at #8 due to secret wars. I imagine the second series will be collected in a second ohc once it hits 12 issues.

Yeah, I realise that. But considering that Marvel has no qualms about two #1s in a year, I don't see why they just wouldn't add the 2015B #1-#4 into this book.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/712461917411934208

CeMwATVUsAAr5ab.jpg

For a second, I thought that was Swampy. :(

tim1138

I don't think that's supposed to be the line up for the League - from left to right it looks like Deathstroke, Harley, Swamp Thing, Jessica Cruz, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, two I don't recognize and then Kid Flash. The three on the right are probably new members of the Teen Titans, the Trinity in the middle, and then a hodgepodge of other characters on the left. It's probably just a banner to showcase the new look DCU.

Messi

I don't think that's supposed to be the line up for the League - from left to right it looks like Deathstroke, Harley, Swamp Thing, Jessica Cruz, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, two I don't recognize and then Kid Flash. The three on the right are probably new members of the Teen Titans, the Trinity in the middle, and then a hodgepodge of other characters on the left. It's probably just a banner to showcase the new look DCU.

Yeah this makes sense. Then that would make it Harley and Croc representing Harley Quinn and the Suicide Squad.

mreddie

I love how New Avengers and SHIELD are on one side while Uncanny and ANAD Avengers are on the other side of Standoff.

Also, Hellcat, Hyperion, Carnage and New Avengers have the mini VOTE LOKI subtitle.

That's because you, sir, have impeccable taste.
tumblr_n7s5ylvqZV1rogcuio1_500.gif

More pics of that Spider-Gwen statue. Also a classic Rogue for Messi.
If it only it were green hoodie Rogue, then I'd snatch that shit up hard. Especially green hoodie with a cape Rogue.
*looks at giant post of reviews I spent half an hour on*

No...

Nothing came out...
I want you to know that I respect your effort, but I do not read them because I'm not reading any of those books and therefore they don't apply to me. But I like you and the work you do.
bCWwyq9.png

New Gods or Legion?
ron-swanson-is-excited.gif

We detective'd the silhouettes in the Hangouts

From the left: Deadshot, Harley, Croc, Jessica Cruz, Bats, Supes, Wondy w/cape, Damian, Maps, Kid Flash

3 Teams, basically: SS, JL, and TT

So now that the long Hickman run of Fantastic Four, FF, Avengers, New Avengers and Secret Wars is complete - how would you rate it as a whole?

I stopped at the end of Fantastic Four/FF, will try to catch up with everything again in July.

After the major let-down that was Batman v. Superman for me, I just picked this up on comixology :

170747-19020-113372-1-superman-batman-annu.jpg

This might be my favorite Batman / Superman team-up, written by Joe Kelly and also featuring Deathstroke, Deadpool (yes, really) and the Crime Syndicate. I highly recommend it, a really fun read.

That's a weird way to label their cinematic universe, I vastly prefer DCCU

I mean "extended" could mean everything and anything - Arrowverse, Gotham, Earth 2, etc.

Can't say I disagree tbh.

Definitely something they did purely to distance themselves from Marvel.

We detective'd the silhouettes in the Hangouts

From the left: Deadshot, Harley, Croc, Jessica Cruz, Bats, Supes, Wondy w/cape, Damian, Maps, Kid Flash

3 Teams, basically: SS, JL, and TT

DON'T YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON MAPS

Also, how good must GA be selling digitally? Seriously.

What y'all think of Bat's new costume?

I really dig it, the orange is a thing that makes so much sense I'm wondering why nobody did it before.

Premiering in a Capullo book is just going to make it really disappointing when somebody else tries to draw it though :p.

Messi

Can't say I disagree tbh.

Definitely something they did purely to distance themselves from Marvel.

DON'T YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON MAPS

Also, how good must GA be selling digitally? Seriously.

Its gotta be in that Ms Marvel territory of kids ect that don't go into comic stores but have access to an ipad

Maps in TT would be amazing.

Owzers

So now that the long Hickman run of Fantastic Four, FF, Avengers, New Avengers and Secret Wars is complete - how would you rate it as a whole?

I stopped at the end of Fantastic Four/FF, will try to catch up with everything again in July.

Fantastic Four is one of my favorite runs, Avengers/New Avengers is an emotionless plot outline that went on forever. Like Dwight Howard's career it has no heart.

Its gotta be in that Ms Marvel territory of kids ect that don't go into comic stores but have access to an ipad

Maps in TT would be amazing.

I wonder about Maps. It would be awesome, but would it really work?

Also, I really hope it's a good team on TT. They deserve it.

No, this is a TERRIBLE idea. Even when TT was good it's always been a slaughterhouse. It's baked into the property at this point. There's a voodoo curse on the team.

Keep Maps out of it!

Messi

I wonder about Maps. It would be awesome, but would it really work?

Also, I really hope it's a good team on TT. They deserve it.

She wants to be a young hero and it could be used as a way to freshen up GA. But its a risk. Having her be a hero once or twice in her book is fun, making her a full time hero is a big change.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
o_O

Sheesh. I still plan to see it sometime this weekend.

In other news, I am finally caught up with my floppies. Haven't picked up my comics from today though.

Its not that bad. It has his moments and is a great Batman movie.(like in when you would cut all Batman scenes out and make a own movie without Superman out of it)
The first half is actually pretty good, the second may be the worst of Post Iron Man superhero movies (Where I have to admit that I havent seen F4).
5/10 overall.

VanWinkle

I ordered the Wonder Woman by Perez omni. I don't want to run the risk of it going out of print as we get closer to the WW movie. I've wanted it for awhile anyway.

Its not that bad. It has his moments and is a great Batman movie.
The first half is actually pretty good, the second may be the worst of Post Iron Man superhero movies (Where I have to admit that I havent seen F4).
5/10 overall.

I've seen several people say the same as you and then I've heard several who have said that the first half is bad and the second half is great. I don't know what to think.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I've seen several people say the same as you and then I've heard several who have said that the first half is bad and the second half is great. I don't know what to think.
If you like over the top spectacle like Transformers 4 in its worst moments, you will enjoy the second half.
For me it was insanely boring and the showdown was incredible hard to follow, and I usually dont have this problem.
But it also contained the best scene of the movie, the one time where I had that insane grin in my face, that I always have when live action superheroes do great stuff. But it couldnt save it.

Top Bottom