• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Did you all talk about this?

Cruz-GL.jpg

Can't really make out a Gl Symbol on her chest but it could just be a blank shirt that the recruits get.

Poor Simon, wonder if he'll ever be mentioned again, but I'm all for more female earth lanterns, hope jade comes back as well.

Can't really make out a Gl Symbol on her chest but it could just be a blank shirt that the recruits get.

Poor Simon, wonder if he'll ever be mentioned again, but I'm all for more female earth lanterns, hope jade comes back as well.

Oh damn, I missed that, last I'd seen they only had the zoom in on Harley and Croc.

It's a little low-res, but I think that's a GL symbol. Matches up nicely with the silhouette on the curtain thing.

Brian, instead of a slurpee, go to Taco Bell between 2 and 5 for a 2 dollah Baja Blast freeze.

Owzers

I haven't given up on Supergirl, Calista Flockhart is doing a good job and has a script decent enough that doesn't make her the typical only-annoying boss character, though there are just enough stupid scenes to keep me from really liking it. Supergirl's sister is still in the
Andrea Governor zone
at episode 9.

TheFlow

Banned
I am on episode 6, but I will let you guys know what I think by the end.

So I renewed my marvel Unlimited suscription but I am not sure where to begin.

wanna start with punisher

ElNarez

Banned
Apparently Miller doesn't like the Tv version of Elektra which means less sexism lol.

I... agree... with Frank Miller?

There's something cool there, in the idea of a woman who, despite all the wealth and confidence in the world, can only connect with people, and to an extent that means love, through violence and death, but the show never commits to that, because, despite what its main character says, it thinks killing people is cool and good. So the whole idea of the wealthy overconfident sexy assassin isn't a facade, but the whole thing. And that makes her less interesting than the Elektra of the comics.

That problem is then compounded by the fight choreography, where she fights just like another Daredevil, in a style that's heavy on the flips and the rolls and all that stuff. You don't even get at the idea that she might have her own thing going, there's no sign of, say, her training as a ballerina, and that's just wasted opportunities all over the place.

And this is the only time I'll ever agree with a decaying fascist who's coasted on three books and who's only gone downhill since Sin City.

TheFlow

Banned
I... agree... with Frank Miller?

There's something cool there, in the idea of a woman who, despite all the wealth and confidence in the world, can only connect with people, and to an extent that means love, through violence and death, but the show never commits to that, because, despite what its main character says, it thinks killing people is cool and good. So the whole idea of the wealthy overconfident sexy assassin isn't a facade, but the whole thing. And that makes her less interesting than the Elektra of the comics.

That problem is then compounded by the fight choreography, where she fights just like another Daredevil, in a style that's heavy on the flips and the rolls and all that stuff. You don't even get at the idea that she might have her own thing going, there's no sign of, say, her training as a ballerina, and that's just wasted opportunities all over the place.

And this is the only time I'll ever agree with a decaying fascist who's coasted on three books and who's only gone downhill since Sin City.
damn, that sucks

She looks like Starfire.

I posted on Twitter that I thought Circuit Breaker #1 was disappointing and the writer of it favorited my tweet

I'm a monster, I don't deserve comics ;__;

I haven't given up on Supergirl, Calista Flockhart is doing a good job and has a script decent enough that doesn't make her the typical only-annoying boss character, though there are just enough stupid scenes to keep me from really liking it. Supergirl's sister is still in the
Andrea Governor zone
at episode 9.

Ally McBeal ended up being the best character on that show from the few (4 or 5) episodes I watched.

I might catchup. Want something new that's more donner-like.

Zombine

Banned
Just chillin on a Holy Day turning water into MTN Dew Code Red. You might think it's a miracle, I call it American privilege. Thank you Jesus.

BlizzKrut

Banned
So with Rebirth, will Aquaman start over or is it continuing since this current run? Getting into comics and wanted to delve into something that was hero-centric, not just group or lots of characters stuff (reading Injustice, read Civil War and Avengers VS X-Men).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
We get a Clone Saga Omnibus and a Jane Foster Deluxe Editon. Like DC, Marvels Output is very bad.
At least we get a couple of cool Star Wars Epics and Tons of Doctor Strange books

arkon

link

Edit: beaten

Nice to see Starman omnibus vol. 4 listed although I wish they'd speed up the schedule for the paperback releases. I get nervous the longer it takes.

Probably in for Unwritten deluxe, Kyle GL volume 1 and Robin volume 4 (assuming I like what I read of the first trade).

tim1138

If anyone is curious here's the link for DC's Fall/Winter trade releases - http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.c...,1,1,1&startIndex=0&rows=10&sord=1&savecook=1

A lot of interesting stuff is scheduled:

Silver Age TPBs for Green Lantern, JLA, and Adam Strange

Wonder Woman Golden Age omnibus

The final volume of Johns Wally West Flash run

Legend of Wonder Woman getting a hardcover release

Morrison's Batman and Robin being collected in one hardcover

A second Silver Age Flash omnibus

A second Norm Breyfogle Batman collection

All of the Anarky stuff collected in one volume

Teen Titans Silver Age omnibus and deluxe tpb for Johns run

They are actually continuing the Starman omnibi in tpb

A Ron Marz GL vol 1 tpb

Returned to reading the first Moon Knight Epic collection. Was fun for the first half but nothing I would term really great. Right around the middle of the book, there seems to be a rather large jump in quality. The plotting improves a lot. There's more focus on the 4 characters aspect of Moon Knight and the dialogue and "editing" feels lot more modern too.

I guess creative use of the cape and costume colour in the Ellis/Shalvey/Bellaire run was building on previous such work.

And I guess Ben doesn't take too kindly to new superheroes.

Top Bottom