• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Owzers

Unwritten is getting deluxe hardcovers, if you've never read it maybe check it out, it kinda went a little wobbly halfway through for me.

Owzers

Telling people to read something!?

You are a false prophet, admit it!

Unwritten was one of those books i loved the first two or so volumes of and then slowly started to like less and less as the initial premise broadened to a place i wasn't interested in, makes it hard to recommend to people despite knowing others continued to enjoy it after i stopped despite reading all of it.

Also i might watch Smackdown today and that's something i'm not supposed to do either, it's not even the good one! The NCAA has ruined thursday night NBA. Also my ipad air offbrand cover i bought on ebay leaves grease/weird marks on the side by the top and bottom of the magnetic strip that attaches. Trying to get another official smart cover despite my last one coming apart in a year.

Messi

Whatever happened to Strange Fruit and The Dying and the Dead. Hilarious that both books only got one issue out. Not surprised by Strange Fruit tbh.

Zombine

Banned
Whatever happened to Strange Fruit and The Dying and the Dead. Hilarious that both books only got one issue out. Not surprised by Strange Fruit tbh.

Would you like to read my Strange Fruit x The Dying and the Dead crossover fan fiction?

I promise that it's extremely misguided like the real deal. I'm all about artistic integrity.

Tizoc

Mark Waid Flash was the one Run everyone recommends, right?
Correct
The book uses some outdated lingo but the overall story and characterization is good

Also unwirtten is indeed good from what iread but i just realized i hadnt read it yet myself :v

Mark Waid Flash was the one Run everyone recommends, right?

I'd only get the mark waid issues that are part of arcs, very few of the stand alone ones were great. Born to the Run and The Return of Barry Allen were the best parts.

Geoff Johns flash is great as well, he establishes very good supporting characters and villains. Best to read both, and Morrison's Flash.

tim1138

Soeaking of the Flash, if anyone is interested in the Manapul/Buccelato Flash omnibus coming out later this year, Amazon currently has it up for pre-order at 55% off.

woah woah WOAH. Punisher MAX Vol 3 comes out in October? Seriously Marvel?

Soeaking of the Flash, if anyone is interested in the Manapul/Buccelato Flash omnibus coming out later this year, Amazon currently has it up for pre-order at 55% off.

Great price for something not so great. I'm beyond stumped why they would do that before doing Azz's Wondy.

ElNarez

Banned
just came back from BvS and

it's legit good

it's got themes, it's got motifs, it's got symbols, it's got ideas, it's got good fight choreography, it's got super pretty shots

it's about something? remember when films were about things? it's way dope

tim1138

Its on Amazon Germany for 25€, so one Issue for one Euro.
Amazing Price.

If only it was an amazing comic...

I don't see those either. :/

The Perez omnibus is already out, the first new collection of Rucka's run drops this summer, Legend of Wonder Woman gets a hardcover this fall, there's a Golden Age omnibus later this year. Simone's run is due for new releases, but it's all on CMX (and so is Rucka's and Perez's for that matter).

just came back from BvS and

it's legit good

it's got themes, it's got motifs, it's got symbols, it's got ideas, it's got good fight choreography, it's got super pretty shots

it's about something? remember when films were about things? it's way dope

So, just to make things totally clear, if I enjoy this film am I an in any way obligated to vote for Donald Trump in November? Did they make you sign something or what?

Rucka's WW is being reprinted, though in large TPBs. First one is out in July.

The Perez omnibus is already out, the first new collection of Rucka's run drops this summer, Legend of Wonder Woman gets a hardcover this fall, there's a Golden Age omnibus later this year. Simone's run is due for new releases, but it's all on CMX (and so is Rucka's and Perez's for that matter).

Rucka's, if it's just a TPB, I may as well do digital. I'm down for Legend of Wonder Woman HC tho. As for Perez's omni, I'm not sure how I'll approach that one. Time will tell.

My complaint was mostly about the lack of an OHC for Azz's run, not that there weren't any collections for it or other ways to get it.

tim1138

Rucka's, if it's just a TPB, I may as well do digital. I'm down for Legend of Wonder Woman HC tho. As for Perez's omni, I'm not sure how I'll approach that one. Time will tell.

My complaint was mostly about the lack of an OHC for Azz's run, not that there weren't any collections for it or other ways to get it.

And my point that they have good WW runs to put out before worrying about the adventures of the Gods and their friend Wonder Woman stands. :)

ElNarez

Banned
So, just to make things totally clear, if I enjoy this film am I an in any way obligated to vote for Donald Trump in November? Did they make you sign something or what?

Well, it's a movie about the military-industrial complex blaming an immigrant for terrorism, and then using that to justify getting more and more violent in an ultimately doomed campaign of intimidation.
There's even a dream sequence about immigrants taking over and ruining the country.

If that sounds like making american great again to you, well, you do you

oh didn't even notice, it looks good to me. bassed off reading Janes Thor and Deadpool #1. I don't make the images full size though

Be careful not to zoom, it is UGLY.

Sorry, not trying to be overly negative. There's a lot of advantages to owning it on CMX vs using MU. However, yeah, MAX stuff isn't on there sadly.

I can see him like Milla and Black Widow has a bigger role, too.

In that case, go with Daredevil. Really, he should dip a toe in both and see if either is for him.

shingi70

Banned
Anyone else dislike the dark future Batman stories like TDKR or Batman Beyond to a lesser extent. The dark there must always be a Batman idea, just robs Bruce of having a Happy ending. I'll admit that the story of The Batman is clearly a tragdey, however the ideal ending is in the future their isn't a need for a Batman outside of it just being a legacy thing. Bruce is someone so filled with this drive for Venegence that consumes him, but as his crime fighting career progresses he's healed and chills out due to those around him, knowing he has friends like Clark and the rest of the JLA, and his family support system.

In essence the happy ending for Bruce is too use his Wayne Persona and all its resources to make the world a better place. A Batman or at the very least a Bruce Wayne Batman shouldn't be needed due to the fact that their is a Nightwing, Red Robin, Batgirl and so on.

TheFlow

Banned
Be careful not to zoom, it is UGLY.

Sorry, not trying to be overly negative. There's a lot of advantages to owning it on CMX vs using MU. However, yeah, MAX stuff isn't on there sadly.

In that case, go with Daredevil. Really, he should dip a toe in both and see if either is for him.
I might have to buy max and bendis off of CMX because I dislike tpb.

Anyone else dislike the dark future Batman stories like TDKR or Batman Beyond to a lesser extent. The dark there must always be a Batman idea, just robs Bruce of having a Happy ending. I'll admit that the story of The Batman is clearly a tragdey, however the ideal ending is in the future their isn't a need for a Batman outside of it just being a legacy thing. Bruce is someone so filled with this drive for Venegence that consumes him, but as his crime fighting career progresses he's healed and chills out due to those around him, knowing he has friends like Clark and the rest of the JLA, and his family support system.

In essence the happy ending for Bruce is too use his Wayne Persona and all its resources to make the world a better place. A Batman or at the very least a Bruce Wayne Batman shouldn't be needed due to the fact that their is a Nightwing, Red Robin, Batgirl and so on.

The idea, though, is that there will always be a reason for someone else to take up the cowl. It's not just about Bruce seeking vengeance or becoming to terms with his losses. The cowl carries a legacy with it; it's a symbol, and it's not unexpected that in the future there aren't more individuals who feel the need to don that symbol in order to deal with their own shit.

Whether Bruce gets a happy ending or not... well, fact is he never will because this is comics and we'll probably never get that far along because the passage of time is too slow. But, truthfully, he probably wouldn't get it anyway - and that's his legacy. The fact that he'd been chasing the unattainable for his entire life is a lesson to anyone else who would follow in his footsteps or any of his allies. Now, I don't know what the deal with BB is, but TDKR is still Bruce. I understand why it's as grim as it is. But the perfect antithesis to this is Dick and his internal struggle to not be like Bruce, especially when he eventually puts on the Batman costume.

I might have to buy max and bendis off of CMX because I dislike tpb.

Bendis' DD isn't a MAX title. It's on MU.

Tizoc

Pizza does sound pretty delicious.

I like pizza as much as the next guy but gimme a good old fashioned TPB to chillax while reading.

Oddly enough reading is good in case you're on a diet and your tummy's rumbling; feeding your brain ends up feeding your belly~

Top Bottom