• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

I meant to post this when I found it on Amazon a few weeks ago

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1632157810/?tag=neogaf0e-20

0gecNXQ.gif

Weiss

Banned
So for anyone who'd know, what's shipping to Canada like for instocktrades?

I want to order X-Men Omnibus vol. 3, but I don't know how much extra shipping will run me, or if it's worth doing so instead of just using Amazon.ca

Owzers

Please try and hide your American privilege when you post here m8

Not only will i not hide it i'm petitioning to bring Hulk Hogan back to the WWE. If we're having a Trump or Cruz presidency, anything goes. Hogan will be the forth member of New Day and has to sell Booty-O's for a year.

TheFlow

Banned
Dare devil, Jessica jones, and Daryl from walking dead are going to be at my comic con in August.

:000 fuck yes!!!

Gotta look at the Artist and writers, might be able to get something signed/drawn

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Any Not-US Gaffer here who has seen this Cassandra Trade in a store already? Amazon DE lists that book for January 2035 and I guess thats the wrong date.

TheFlow

Banned
I have my eyes on the preacher absolute

But that bat man is calling my name. Does it collect other side stories during court of owls?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
the same people who think Black Cat is a Catwoman rip-off I imagine
Its a small BvS spoiler, but was kinda shown in the trailer
A guy yesterday asked what the Knightmare scene with all these Parademons was about and his friend literally said its DCs version of Thanos.
Sooo... These people exist.

And to be nitpicky, the modern version of Selina with the leather costume came after Black Cat, so maybe there some truth behind that :D was Selina always as seductive as she is today?
edit: I am stupid and should read your posts with more care

wait in the comics she was just some chick in a green dress, but the '60s Batman did have her in that leather suit.

Gerry Conway said Felicia was based off an old Tex Avery cartoon where a black cat brought bad luck to everybody in close proximity, which is different Starlin saying he was straight up influenced by Jack Kirby's New Gods when he made Thanos.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
wait in the comics she was just some chick in a green dress, but the '60s Batman did have her in that leather suit.

Gerry Conway said Felicia was based off an old Tex Avery cartoon where a black cat brought bad luck to everybody in close proximity, which is different Starlin saying he was straight up influenced by Jack Kirby's New Gods when he made Thanos.
Hey, I knew this with Thanks and Darkside, just messing around here :D

tim1138

Wasn't Thanos originally meant to be modeled after Metron? Hence the throne.

tim1138

Yeah here we go

Many have dismissed Thanos as a carbon copy of Jack Kirby’s Darkseid, and Starlin freely admitted that’s where he drew inspiration. Starlin, like any sane human, is a devout Kirby worshipper, but he originally patterned Thanos after another New God: Metron. Upon seeing Starlin’s sketches, editor-in chief Roy Thomas took a shining to the encouraged Starlin to beef him up and make him more of a Darkseid clone

You come home to find Darkseid chilling in your favorite chair, what do you do?

If i somehow found my way into any of your homes i'd be worried :

also for anyone who knows...apart from AvX, which i read on MU and really have no interest in collecting...is there any books that i need before getting into Bendis' Uncanny/All New X Men?

PsychBat!

Banned
If i somehow found my way into any of your homes i'd be worried :

also for anyone who knows...apart from AvX, which i read on MU and really have no interest in collecting...is there any books that i need before getting into Bendis' Uncanny/All New X Men?

Nah, you're pretty much set.

Top Bottom