• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

I really want to believe the BleedingCool rumour that we are getting a Vertigo "Rebirth" too, led by Way/Cloonan Doom Patrol. (Followed by various Sandman spin-offs).

shingi70

Banned
Yo Messi what do you think of this Harley scene from that Deadshot book.

CRHFSufh.jpg

QVnN0Tbh.jpg

Vyer

Batman #50 read. I have to say that Superheavy on the whole was one of my least favorite of Snyder's story arcs.

Still, hell of a run on the book he's had.

ElNarez

Banned
Is the new hellblazer any good?

It's dope if you're into bisexual people who fuck up all the time, crazy layouts, imaginative depictions of weird magic shit, and light cussing. It's basically the Vertigo book but extra colorful. I'm way into it.

TheFlow

Banned
It's dope if you're into bisexual people who fuck up all the time, crazy layouts, imaginative depictions of weird magic shit, and light cussing. It's basically the Vertigo book but extra colorful. I'm way into it.
It doesn't seem to be getting cancelled this year so I might start reading it.

Always been a fan of what he was about

ElNarez

Banned
Gameproff remains wrong, has bad opinions re: anything but Spider-Man.

BvS has some issues, but is one hell of a movie despite them.

Carry on.

My biggest problem is how the editing really goes hard on the "GET IT? THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS SCENE, THIS IS THE MOTIF OF THE THING, SEE? WE PAID OFF ON THAT THING". It's like training wheels for movie watching, that are put there because people didn't get Man of Steel.

TheFlow

Banned
Anything else worth reading from dc to get ready for rebirth.

Gotham academy

Batman 1-50

Hellblazer

Are on my list atm to catch up on

My biggest problem is how the editing really goes hard on the "GET IT? THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS SCENE, THIS IS THE MOTIF OF THE THING, SEE? WE PAID OFF ON THAT THING". It's like training wheels for movie watching, that are put there because people didn't get Man of Steel.

Really? I felt the opposite. It does a ton of stuff that basically forces you to connect a bunch of dots all on your own. Like Lex seeing something that pushed him over the edge in the Kryptonian archive. Or why people are freaking out over Supes' actions in Africa, or the really basic idea that a lot of people are missing, namely: that the movie rejects the dark themes it discusses, and embraces hope.

Anything else worth reading from dc to get ready for rebirth.

Gotham academy

Batman 1-50

Hellblazer

Are on my list atm to catch up on

Grayson
Starfire
Justice League (at least Darkseid War)
Superman: The Men of Tomorrow
Valentine's run on Catwoman is supposed to be good too

ElNarez

Banned
Really? I felt the opposite. It does a ton of stuff that basically forces you to connect a bunch of dots all on your own. Like Lex seeing something that pushed him over the edge in the Kryptonian archive. Or why people are freaking out over Supes' actions in Africa, or the really basic idea that a lot of people are missing, namely: that the movie rejects the dark themes it discusses, and embraces hope.

There's some stuff like that, but, I'm mostly talking about the points where they cut to previous scenes in the movie, which it likes to do A LOT. I'm trying to keep it to theme and general craft, because the big spoilers are in the specifics.

jackdoe

Is Darksed War actually any good? Geoff Johns initial Justice League arc with Jim Lee was so awful that I gave up on the title for as long as Geoff was writing it.

TheFlow

Banned
Grayson I will pick up because I read a lot of new 52 nightwing before he you know...

Star fire I might pick up because I read red hood and the outlaws but why did the team break up?

PsychBat!

Banned
For everything? That is a long wait for Marvel and even longer for DC

I don't know, I genuinely feel like I can't keep up with this Standoff thing going on and then Civil War II afterwards. These are two things I am genuinely not interested in. Not to mention that none of the Avengers books are any good, not even the X-Men books are worth reading.

I don't feel motivated to continue for a while. Not until the whole thing blows over.

TheFlow

Banned
I don't know, I genuinely feel like I can't keep up with this Standoff thing going on and then Civil War II afterwards. These are two things I am genuinely not interested in. Not to mention that none of the Avengers books are any good, not even the X-Men books are worth reading.

I don't feel motivated to continue for a while. Not until the whole thing blows over.
Power man and iron fist demands your money

Messi

I get that, but the wheel never stops with Marvel. After Civil War will be the next event that they will 100% be promoting towards the end of Civil War. This is what you get with current Marvel and to a lesser extent DC.

jackdoe

Darkseid War has been really good. And I stopped reading JL regularly a long way back.
Hmm, would you say it's closer to Sinestro Corps War (probably Geoff Johns' best event work) or is it closer to Blackest Night? If it's closer to the former, I will have become very, very interested.

Is Darksed War actually any good? Geoff Johns initial Justice League arc with Jim Lee was so awful that I gave up on the title for as long as Geoff was writing it.

I didn't read any Justice League before this but everyone seems to agree that the early New 52 JL stuff wasn't good. Darkseid War is good fun so far.

TheFlow

Banned
Woah! CMX has a nice lol sale on bat/sup/wonder. Nothing big but still a nice sale.

Is batman hush any good.

Also volume 1 of Wonder Woman is on sale and for 6 dollars why the hell not

Hmm, would you say it's closer to Sinestro Corps War (probably Geoff Johns' best event work) or is it closer to Blackest Night? If it's closer to the former, I will have become very, very interested.

Honestly, I wasn't the biggest fan of Blackest Night (thought Brightest Day was better), but Darkseid War is enjoyable the same way Sinestro Corps War was.

Owzers

I chopped the marvel universe in half and am MU waiting all the Avengers books, all Standoff stuff, all X-Men stuff, Inhuman stuff, and am buying Power Man and Iron Fist, Black Panther, Gwenpool, Hellcat ( maybe dropped for MU), Doctor Strange, the Ultimates ( maybe dropped for civil war tie-in-ness), and Howard the Duck.

I'm in the process of deciding if i'm going to cave on Civil War 2, i don't want to spend the money on it but i also don't feel motivated to read around it, but i also think it's going to be dumb.

Owzers

Who are you kidding? You will be there day one.

It's possssssible. I dropped both All New and Uncanny bendis men and read the bulk of the run on MU, also read all of Black Vortex there, i can see myself skipping Civil War 2 unless the idea of redeeming the codes and selling the print issues gets me. Lately my ebay stuff isn't selling, still haven't even tried to put Secret Wars flops there. Not reading any of the avengers books it ties into also is another step towards MU.

I'll be there for Wrestlemania though.

Also Olivia Wilde is on Seth Meyers late show today.

Messi

ANAD MESSI POWER RANKINGS

1. The Vision
2. Dr Strange
3. Power Man and Iron Fist
4. Spider-Woman
5. Invincible Iron Man (the art is sinking this ship. It's missing Marquez badly)

Honorable mentions: Angela, Amazing Spider-Man (it's been great since the relaunch. Legit great) All New Inhumans, All New Wolverine, Totally Awesome Hulk, Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl. All great titles.

Black Widow isn't on the list or honorable mentions due to it being 1 issue. I need at least two. But that first issue was phenomenonal.

Miles is not on there because I'm just not sure yet.

Ya'll better be buying Power Man and Iron Fist. That book is amazing and Sanford Greens art is brilliant.

VanWinkle

1. The Vision
2. Dr Strange
4. Spider-Woman
5. Invincible Iron Man (the art is sinking this ship. It's missing Marquez badly)

Honorable mentions: Angela, Amazing Spider-Man (it's been great since the relaunch. Legit great) All New Inhumans, All New Wolverine, Totally Awesome Hulk, Howard the Duck and Squirrel Girl. All great titles.

Black Widow isn't on the list or honorable mentions due to it being 1 issue. I need at least two. But that first issue was phenomenonal.

Has The Vision got an OHC solicited yet?

TheFlow

Banned
just wanted to say that Marvel unlimited on mobile is fucking amazing so smooooth.

been reading some of bendis iron fist before bed, and I love it.

Has The Vision got an OHC solicited yet?

Too early to consider one yet. Hard to say whether or not they'll do one.

And I agree with Messi, Power Man and Iron Fist rules. It's so good. Black Widow and Mockingbird have lots of potential based off of their initial issues. I imagine Black Widow will end up being a dope run considering it's Waid/Samnee.

mreddie

1. The Vision
2. Dr Strange
4. Spider-Woman

Ya'll better be buying Power Man and Iron Fist. That book is amazing and Sanford Greens art is brilliant.

HELLCAT?

BvS is meh, not awful but not good.

Woah! CMX has a nice lol sale on bat/sup/wonder. Nothing big but still a nice sale.

Is batman hush any good.

Also volume 1 of Wonder Woman is on sale and for 6 dollars why the hell not
No. I wouldn't recommend hush. Loeb did a poor retired of his excellent Long Halloween story. It's not bad, but there's a lot of other batman books I'd pick before it

Messi

Too early to consider one yet. Hard to say whether or not they'll do one.

And I agree with Messi, Power Man and Iron Fist rules. It's so good. Black Widow and Mockingbird have lots of potential based off of their initial issues. I imagine Black Widow will end up being a dope run considering it's Waid/Samnee.

HELLCAT?

BvS is meh, not awful but not good.

Can't believe I forgot Hellcat and Mockingbird. Both great so far. Hellcat is great for kids and has a wacky adventures vibe. Plus I love Kate Leth.

Mockingbird has a fantastic hook for the first 5 issues and a great first issue to set it up. Can't wait for #2. Lovely art. Loved Bobbi's rainbow socks.

Now that I think about it ANAD has hit big for me.

Now that I think about it ANAD has hit big for me.

I was pretty surprised that so many books were suddenly all interesting and shit instead of the same boring old retreads. Hope they can keep it up for the next round of titles.

Also, Mr. Messi, can we please get your reaction to the news that the new Blade book is still incoming despite your earlier comments?

#MessiWasWrong

Messi

I was pretty surprised that so many books were suddenly all interesting and shit instead of the same boring old retreads. Hope they can keep it up for the next round of titles.

Also, Mr. Messi, can we please get your reaction to the news that the new Blade book is still incoming despite your earlier comments?

#MessiWasWrong

I know nothing about it. Other than its about his daughter. Glad to see it didn't get shelved. It reeked of it for quite some time.

Top Bottom