• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Loved BvS, a very pleasant surprise. Going in I thought I would just enjoy the action, but I loved the interactions between characters and the plot overall. I suppose if you're expecting a 100% canon accurate adaptation you'll be disappointed, but there's a lot of character growth in the movie.

Almost made me forget about wondercon.

Messi

Kenneth Rocafort would be perfect for the Captain Marvel solo book if he ever leaves Ultimates. I love his Carol / Monica. His America too. He draws great women. The art by Anka in Captain Marvel bothers me. It makes me question if I should buy it each month.

mreddie

Kenneth Rocafort would be perfect for the Captain Marvel solo book if he ever leaves Ultimates. I love his Carol / Monica. His America too. He draws great women. The art by Anka in Captain Marvel bothers me. It makes me question if I should buy it each month.

2 BUFF 4 YA

Can't believe I forgot Hellcat and Mockingbird. Both great so far. Hellcat is great for kids and has a wacky adventures vibe. Plus I love Kate Leth.

Mockingbird has a fantastic hook for the first 5 issues and a great first issue to set it up. Can't wait for #2. Lovely art. Loved Bobbi's rainbow socks.

Now that I think about it ANAD has hit big for me.

I forgot about Moon Girl, that's also a good book.

Messi

2 BUFF 4 YA

I forgot about Moon Girl, that's also a good book.

Nah his art is too angular and rigid for my tastes. There is little flow to it. Does less than nothing for me. I said the same when he was on Uncanny X-Men covering for Bachalo.

Only on issue five, but Wonder Woman by Perez is good so far. I like mythology so I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I like how big Perez draws curly hair. It looks good on Diana here and also on Scarlet Witch in the Avengers.

VanWinkle

Finished Gotham Academy Vol 2. Fantastic. Love this series. Kerschl's art was again incredible, but I really really loved Mingjue Helen Chu's art, too. Looked like a beautiful Disney animated movie.

tfw you blow through 350+ pages of manga in one sitting
What you reading friend?
Finished Gotham Academy Vol 2. Fantastic. Love this series. Kerschl's art was again incredible, but I really really loved Mingjue Helen Chu's art, too. Looked like a beautiful Disney animated movie.

That's a good description for Chu since she worked on some Disney things (Paperman, Big Hero 6, etc.)! She's definitely a great artist, it's always nice to see her interiors and covers.

I need to catch up on Gotham Academy sometime. I haven't touched the Yearbook stuff at all but I'm real excited to get into it.

Steven Universe & the Crystal Gems is a pitch perfect adaptation of the show's style, writing and art-wise. So dope.

Jonesy is also pretty fun and good judging from the first issue. Writing is funny but with some genuinely good character moments. pretty good coming from Sam "put Kitty Pryde in a banana suit and call it a day" Humphries

Yup at Wondercon. Its being livestreamed too.
I'm looking at their programming schedule and I'm not seeing it listed.
Loved BvS, a very pleasant surprise. Going in I thought I would just enjoy the action, but I loved the interactions between characters and the plot overall. I suppose if you're expecting a 100% canon accurate adaptation you'll be disappointed, but there's a lot of character growth in the movie.

No one was nor should be expecting that.

Oooooooooh

*looks up schedule*

Fuck me I'll be working when it happens.

I think I'l l get to see a bit of it before i leave to see BvS :p

I'm looking forward to hopefully being tempted by lots of titles I haven't bought before, even if overall it's still fairly safe...just want to try some new things within DC at least.

Hope I feel the same as you. Heading off to see it now.

Messi

I would agree with the Proff. I liked a lot of the concepts introduced in Marvel NOW, but I think ANAD just has so many amazing books - too many, even. I honestly can't keep up considering I have other hobbies and limited time.

You could probably read more quality marvel books if you dropped your Valiant titles

GAMEPROFF

Banned
ANAD has so many books that feel forced to new Status Quo, that its just strange. And the many Avengers books that dont serve a real purpose, unlike when Hickman was writing them.

You like DC more? Interesting . I'd say I go:

Marvel
DC
Boom

Well, actually, that was just me being snarky. My actual list goes something like:

Valiant
Marvel
DC
Black Mask
Dark Horse
Boom
Heavy Metal
Action Lab
others..

Yeah, I can't talk shit, I read and am interested in a lot of ongoing Marvel books. :|

Hope I feel the same as you. Heading off to see it now.

Don't want to set people's expectations TOO high. There's a lot of great stuff in BvS but it moves at a brisk pace and there's some unnecessary scenes that could have been substituted for some more breathers and exposition, instead of relying on the viewer to piece things together. Personally it didn't bother me that much, but I can see how it would be easy to get lost in the film if you miss even one detail.

Anyway I'd like to hear what you think, the film seems very divisive.

Marvel NOW! > ANAD
hmm

Hickman Avengers/NA
Remender Uncanny Avengers
Aaron Thor
Kot Secret Avengers
Fraction Hawkguy
Duggan Deadpool
Superior Foes
Wilson Ms Marvel
North USG
Waid DD
Bendis X Men

ANAD
Continuing some of those titles...
Dr Strange
Nothing else comes to mind right now but average ass titles

Don't want to set people's expectations TOO high. There's a lot of great stuff in BvS but it moves at a brisk pace and there's some unnecessary scenes that could have been substituted for some more breathers and exposition, instead of relying on the viewer to piece things together. Personally it didn't bother me that much, but I can see how it would be easy to get lost in the film if you miss even one detail.

Anyway I'd like to hear what you think, the film seems very divisive.

I'm wondering how much the director's cut (or R-rated version) would improve the cohesiveness of the film. I haven't seen it, so I can't judge yet, but could it be as drastic as something like Daredevil's director's cut?

hmm

Hickman Avengers/NA
Aaron Thor
Kot Secret Avengers
Fraction Hawkguy
Duggan Deadpool
Superior Foes
Wilson Ms Marvel
North USG
Waid DD
Bendis X Men

ANAD
Continuing some of those titles...
Dr Strange
Nothing else comes to mind right now but average ass titles

Well..

King Vision
More Aaron Thor
Walker Iron Man & Power Fist
Lemire OML
Waid Black Widow
More Wilson Ms Marvel
Ewing Ultimates
Bendis Spider-Man

The movie really doesnt need another 30 minutes.

It may not necessarily be longer, or that much longer.

Messi

hmm

Hickman Avengers/NA
Aaron Thor
Kot Secret Avengers
Fraction Hawkguy
Duggan Deadpool
Superior Foes
Wilson Ms Marvel
North USG
Waid DD