• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

I'm wondering how much the director's cut (or R-rated version) would improve the cohesiveness of the film. I haven't seen it, so I can't judge yet, but could it be as drastic as something like Daredevil's director's cut?

I think it could help, but I doubt it would turn people's opinons. I'm definitely pre-ordering it when it comes up.

GameProff is right though, there needed to be some trimming in order for the extended scenes to help.

tim1138

hmm

Hickman Avengers/NA
Remender Uncanny Avengers
Aaron Thor
Kot Secret Avengers
Fraction Hawkguy
Duggan Deadpool
Superior Foes
Wilson Ms Marvel
North USG
Waid DD
Bendis X Men

ANAD
Continuing some of those titles...
Dr Strange
Nothing else comes to mind right now but average ass titles

Spoken like someone not reading Vision, Power Man/Iron Fist, or Devil Dinosaur.

ANAD MESSI POWER RANKINGS

1. The Vision
2. Dr Strange
3. Power Man and Iron Fist
4. Spider-Woman
5. Invincible Iron Man (the art is sinking this ship. It's missing Marquez badly)

Missed this. I will 100% agree with the top three, in a slightly different order. Power Man and Iron Fist is numero uno, no question. Then Strange, followed by Vision.

I have zero love for Spider-Woman or Iron Man, so not reading those. Uncanny Inhumans has been stellar, so I'm keeping up with that. Everything else I'm waiting for it to pop up on Marvel Unlimited.

Lemonz

Wow.

CeZtImFUYAAUb28.jpg:large

Will read Vision and those other two in a couple of years and list them as reasons as to why ANAD Marvel is better than All New Definitely Not Just the Same Creators on Different Titles Marvel

Owzers

I'm looking forward to DC's creative team announcements tomorrow....but i'm skeptical that i'll end up ordering several books.

Don't want to set people's expectations TOO high. There's a lot of great stuff in BvS but it moves at a brisk pace and there's some unnecessary scenes that could have been substituted for some more breathers and exposition, instead of relying on the viewer to piece things together. Personally it didn't bother me that much, but I can see how it would be easy to get lost in the film if you miss even one detail.

Anyway I'd like to hear what you think, the film seems very divisive.

I liked it a lot. As you say there's definitely some stuff they could cut. I liked the Knightmare scene but it felt pretty out of place. Overall though, a lot better than I expected after the negative reviews.

I was still a bit iffy on Eisenberg's Lex. He wasn't bad but I wasn't entirely convinced in the end. Affleck was really great though. I hope they get chance to do the solo film.

Another new Rebirth tease. Batman & Superman's new costumes, I like that style, maybe the best Superman design for his normal suit so far.

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/713397564540735492

I liked it a lot. As you say there's definitely some stuff they could cut. I liked the Knightmare scene but it felt pretty out of place. Overall though, a lot better than I expected after the negative reviews.

I was still a bit iffy on Eisenberg's Lex. He wasn't bad but I wasn't entirely convinced in the end. Affleck was really great though. I hope they get chance to do the solo film.

I'm glad to hear you liked it. I agree with Lex, he was a bit too dramatic but otherwise I love how much of an ass & genius he was. I'd like to see him be in all of Supe's solo films and some JL films in the future.

minor spoiler
I can't help but feel that every time a villain goes to prison some significant change happens. A more buff & confident/charismatic Lex could be in the cards, similar to morrisons recent action comics take.

Another new Rebirth tease. Batman & Superman's new costumes, I like that style, maybe the best Superman design for his normal suit so far.

I'm glad to hear you liked it. I agree with Lex, he was a bit too dramatic but otherwise I love how much of an ass & genius he was. I'd like to see him be in all of Supe's solo films and some JL films in the future.

minor spoiler
I can't help but feel that every time a villain goes to prison some significant change happens. A more buff & confident/charismatic Lex could be in the cards, similar to morrisons recent action comics take.

No collar on Supes, interesting.

Reading Fantastic Four/Inhumans, which collects Inhumans (2000) #1-4 and Fantastic Four #51-54. Currently still in the Inhuman half, but damn it's pretty good. Has a very unique style to it, and it takes a page from Transformers MTMtE in that, while there's a lot of dialogue, there's also a lot happening on each page. It helps to keep you from being bored while still having a lot of dialogue and/or narration. It's a very narration heavy book.
Granted that page is an action scene, but I love the narrator's voice and that's a great example of it.

It also reminds me how dirty Ronan got done in GotG, which makes me sad.
At least someone's not having any of Maximus' shit.
Marvel NOW! > ANAD
As far as X-Men books, Spider-Gwen, and Silk go, yes.
Not the best counterpoint. Unless there was a more recent issue last week or this week that finally picked things up, it's only a book with the sole purpose of being cute. That's about it.
Who is writing Power Man. Very funny writing.

David Walker

Avixph

minor spoiler
Why isn't DC keeping the latest Batman costume? What was the point of having Bruce become Batman again wearing the new costume if it's not going to be used again?

Tizoc

Anyone read Elephantmen?
Been considered re-reading it but man the artstyle and some of the stuff in it gross me out to this day...

DC Gives Some Pre-Event REBIRTH Clues

The idea of "returns" repeatedly emphasized by Shelling, from characters returning to their more iconic selves to "big" creators returning to titles they were associated with in the past. He said DC's goal is to return to the most iconic versions of the characters, but added Rebirth will include some lesser known characters too.

DC's showfloor booth is adorned with both pre-"New 52" and "New 52" art, including a large banner from Cliff Chiang's Wonder Woman run and one for Frank Quitely's Batman & Robin. When asked about that, Shelling said to expect "big" Wonder Woman news on Saturday.

Some interesting teases in here. I can't wait.

Top Bottom