• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

20160319_161602.jpg

look at this shit

c24.jpg

Messi

Yeah I don't like the description. Kinda devaluing love in order to tell their story.

My problem is I don't like Matt Hawkins writing. He seems to have attached himself to this as his other books fail.

I'm sure swingers can love each other. I just don't know if that is compelling reading.

MartyStu

The most valid of points.

DC has no idea what the fuck to do with Roy and Jason, clearly. They also insist on having a book where Jason and Roy team up and, like it or not, it's happening again based on the Rebirth line-up that was posted a month or so ago. I genuinely want to like these characters and I feel that something interesting can be done with them, but Lobdell is not the one who's going to elevate them. One of the most crippling things about that book is its awful team chemistry, and Simone knows how to write that like a champ. Now, I don't care if it's her or someone else, but for the love of god get someone who can write good chemistry on a team book. The rest will follow.

All of this is on point.

For some reason, the book seems to be indestructible. DC should capitalize on that and make it actually good.

While I am indifferent to Roy, the concept of Red Hood is great and I want to see writers do a better job with him.

The few times he has been written for an extended period of time by anyone else have exposed some of the potential inherent with him.

Hell, even Lobdell himself has managed a few decent moments.

Ross61

I hope DC doesn't alienate possible new readers from Rebirth. They need to find a happy medium between the readers they lost because of New 52 and people trying to get into their books.

I honestly don't know what to expect. They've culled their ranks enough.

I hope DC doesn't alienate possible new readers from Rebirth. They need to find a happy medium between the readers they lost because of New 52 and people trying to get into their books.

I don't think this will be an issue. They seem to just be returning to the characters in their more recognizable forms, and not necessarily the pre-New 52 state. In any case, there should be plenty of places for new readers to start.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
quoting myself

let me start this with saying im a huge x-men fanboy, probably one of the few left (certainly on ComicGaf)

that being said, I would actually be impressed if they actually had the balls to go ahead with a story that actually killed off mutants from the Marvel Universe. It would be so incredibly petty that it would actually be impressive

They wont tho and this is just another been there done that event

frye

I was looking at Princess Jellyfish the other day. How is it?

i liked it a lot but it depends on how much you can stand certain shojo manga i think. there's a few episodes of the anime streaming on funimation apparently so you can check those out and see how you like it

dan2026

I really hope Rebirth fixes a lot of the crap the New 52 brought in.

I have read some good stories post 52, but somehow nothing felt quite right like it did before the relaunch.

MartyStu

I have read some good stories post 52, but somehow nothing felt quite right like it did before the relaunch.

Most of the worst changes were eventually smoothed and soft ret-conned.

Owzers

i view the DC universe the same way i view Spider-man after he made a deal with the devil that got rid of his marriage: ruined. I never really had an attachment to either though so i don't care that much, but i'd prefer DC not act like the Houston Rockets.

JTripper

If I wanted to get into Green Lantern, what's the recommended reading in the most convenient trade or omnibus way? Is Johns' run basically all I need to read?

dan2026

i view the DC universe the same way i view Spider-man after he made a deal with the devil that got rid of his marriage: ruined. I never really had an attachment to either though so i don't care that much, but i'd prefer DC not act like the Houston Rockets.
I feel the DCU can still be saved.
I was enjoyed it so much pre 52, that whole mess was such a kick in the face for me.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No idea what movie the reviewers watched because this was brilliant.

Ben Affleck was amazing as Batman. Setup for the justice league movie was great and the music was fantastic.

Also, there was definitely intentional humor, so no idea wtf the reviewers were on about there either.

No idea what movie the reviewers watched because this was brilliant.

Ben Affleck was amazing as Batman. Setup for the justice league movie was great and the music was fantastic.

Also, there was definitely intentional humor, so no idea wtf the reviewers were on about there either.

Affleck was great. I want more of his Batman.

Messi

I don't see the X-Men dying. That would be hilarious tho. The Inhumans will save them I'm the end. Quote me on that.

So I mentioned the other day of a jump in quality in writing on the Moon Knight collection I am reading. And now it looks like Sienkiewicz is on art.

Tragicomedy - Loving the DD recaps.

Also, off for some Korean BBQ followed by BvS. See y'all on the other side.

Top Bottom