• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

TheFlow

Banned
while they were on sale I picked up the first collection of Bendis Daredevil

and Elektra volume 1 bloodlines

I started reading some of Elektra and it might have some of the best art I have seen in a marvel book. The opening page is amazing and a good look at Elektras past

God dammit Messi, what did you do?! I looked at next week's Diamond list and my BvS Wonder Woman statue and Cheetah Bombshell are no longer there. :(

Also, hilarious side note, as soon as I typed "God dammit", "Messi" was the next word my phone suggested. It knows me so well.

Owzers

God dammit Messi, what did you do?! I looked at next week's Diamond list and my BvS Wonder Woman statue and Cheetah Bombshell are no longer there. :(

Also, hilarious side note, as soon as I typed "God dammit", "Messi" was the next word my phone suggested. It knows me so well.

My Zatanna figure is gone too.

No...no this will not do.

All the wrist joints were probably broke.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
heres something thats been bugging me for ages. is Emma wearing a Punisher shirt here?

uncanny-x-men-014-001.jpg

Messi

while they were on sale I picked up the first collection of Bendis Daredevil

and Elektra volume 1 bloodlines

I started reading some of Elektra and it might have some of the best art I have seen in a marvel book. The opening page is amazing and a good look at Elektras past

Del Mundo is a God. Check his art in Wierdworld

Owzers

The Doom That Came To Gotham is amazing

yeah but how many multiplayer modes?

dc hype mode, let's read some dc comics before tomorrows announcement.

*reads MU stuff instead* I finished up Soule's She-Hulk which i dropped at issue 10 and mainly remember pulido eyes. The mystery of the blue file revealed!
I like shocker being annoyed that Nightwatch ( i don't remember this guy) didn't take him with him into being remembered as a hero, but that's about it as far as the story goes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
where do you guys think Bachalo should land when Strange gets canceled?

jackdoe

Which DCAU movies would yall say are must watch? Watching Flashpoint Paradox and enjoying it right now
Stay away from Justice League War. Awful, awful, awful. In general stay away from any of the movies with Jason Mara as Batman.

Practically everything else is worth a watch. The Dark Knight Returns adaptation is damn good though as is the Batman Year One adaptation.

Which DCAU movies would yall say are must watch? Watching Flashpoint Paradox and enjoying it right now

You mean like animated movies in general or DCAU or modern DC animated canon or what?

In general, my top 2 picks are:

Under the Red Hood
Superman vs. The Elite

Both are great.

DCAU, Mask of the Phantasm is great. Modern DC canon is a lot more mixed, but Throne of Atlantis is good.

How did Bruce lost Wayne Manor?

Batman Eternal.

jackdoe

I think I'd actually recommend a pass on New Frontier. It's still a fun story, but the movie takes out a lot of the book's stronger storylines, like John Henry.
It does have great voice acting from Neal Patrick Harris as Barry, but a very flat David Boreanaz performance as Hal.

Yeah, but what exactly? I want to read Arkham Manor next but I dont want to throught the whole Eternal Run before

Aight, let's see...

IIRC, it's because the Batman Incorporated stockpiles around Gotham started blowing up, and the city ended up seizing all his property. Something like that, at any rate.

tim1138

I think I'd actually recommend a pass on New Frontier. It's still a fun story, but the movie takes out a lot of the book's stronger storylines, like John Henry.

And I'd recommend a pass on Under the Red Hood :D

New Frontier isn't 1:1 to the comic, but it's still entertaining and NPH crushes as Flash.

It does have great voice acting from Neal Patrick Harris as Barry, but a very flat David Boreanaz performance as Hal.

True.

Oh, but it completely axes the
REAL Batman vs. Superman fight, which is probably my favorite take on the throwdown ever.

So definitely pass.

And I'd recommend a pass on Under the Red Hood :D

New Frontier isn't 1:1 to the comic, but it's still entertaining and NPH crushes as Flash.

Heh, fair.

You ever see Superman vs. The Elite?

Shaanyboi

Banned

Batman Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Under the Red Hood
Batman/Superman Apocalypse

Superman vs. The Elite

Dark Knight Returns Pt1/2

Justice League New Frontier
Justice League Gods and Monsters

Wonder Woman

also watch the Green Arrow and Spectre shorts.

tim1138

True.

Oh, but it completely axes the
REAL Batman vs. Superman fight, which is probably my favorite take on the throwdown ever.

So definitely pass.

Heh, fair.

You ever see Superman vs. The Elite?

I saw it once and remember very little about it other then it adapting "What's so funny about truth, justice, and the American way?" with the faux Authority.

frye

the thing with the adaptations is that they're across the board worse than the source material except for Red Hood but it's not like that's a good movie either

Oh my lord, I just went looking for an updated release date for my Batman v Superman Wonder Woman statue.... The official WB shop is listing......7/8/16.

:(

Top Bottom