• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

tim1138

So much good stuff in DC Nation.

Shazam!
Tales of Metropolis
Super Best Friends Forever
Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld
Doom Patrol
Vibe
The Wonder Woman shorts everyone went nuts over for awhile

And many more. It's all on DC's YouTube channel, BTW. Playlist

Beat me to the DC Nation playlist. The Robert Valley Wonder Woman is so good.
Doom Patrol is fun because it's straight adaptations of the first few issues of the original comic

Owzers

I started Aaron's Thor back up, i remember dropping it at issue #4 but i must have read #5 too because it's very familiar in the "this is stupid" category. I turn myself in for woman solidarity! It's like opposite spectrum of Cho outrage covers.

Messi

Oh my lord, I just went looking for an updated release date for my Batman v Superman Wonder Woman statue.... The official WB shop is listing......7/8/16.

:(

tumblr_mxz6feUpM91s2wio8o1_400.gif

Owzers

so this is the wonder woman darwyn cooke series figure? Probably not buying.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuun. Zatanna figure dc store date is 7/15/16

Worse than getting freeza'd by a week.

Messi

so this is the wonder woman darwyn cooke series figure? Probably not buying.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuun. Zatanna figure dc store date is 7/15/16

Worse than getting freeza'd.

They must have just posted the wrong date. The Cheetah Bombshell seemed to have a really quick turnaround. So they were likely the wrong date.

mreddie

Instead of watching BvS

-Read Ms. Marvel
-Watch Timm/Dini DC cartoons
-Watch Dark Knight Returns Animated film
-Play LEGO Batman 2
-Watch the Lego Batman trailer for 2 hours or watch LEGO Movie
-Watch Superman 2 and Batman 89.
-Watch Ant-Man
-Read Punisher/Daredevil

Calcium

Banned
Instead of watching BvS

-Read Ms. Marvel
-Play LEGO Batman 2
-Watch Ant-Man
-Read Punisher/Daredevil

That's what I did. I'm all set until BvS hits bluray.

Owzers

Instead of watching BvS

-Read Ms. Marvel
-Play LEGO Batman 2
-Watch Ant-Man
-Read Punisher/Daredevil

Watch Wrestlemania next week? Roman Reigns is the champ we need.

Instead of watching BvS

-Read Ms. Marvel
-Play LEGO Batman 2
-Watch Ant-Man
-Read Punisher/Daredevil

Hmmm. I do want to watch Ant-Man before Civil War comes out.

I just finished Arkham Origins, so I moved on to Knight. Shocking News: the PC port is still garbage. Had to move the game to the SSD (that precious, precious space) and lock the framerate to 30 to get decent performance. I think I prefer Origins so far. Maybe Knight gets better later on. They were both free though (Knight from my graphics card, Origins along with Asylum and City as compensation for Knight being a fuck up) so I'm not that bothered.

I couldn't go today, but I'll probably catch a matinee during the week.

Fuck that, watch NXT Takeover.

Fuck yeah. I still enjoy WrestleMania Week as a whole thing though. NXT, Hall of Fame, Mania, Raw After Mania. I hope my second monitor comes during the week.

I'm playing WWE 2K16 on PC as well. It's replicating the 50/50 booking to a tee, because I can't win two matches in a row at all.

Owzers

Fuck that, watch NXT Takeover.

i'll probably watch that too, i mainly watch nxt takeovers while missing their weekly show. I'm still in the middle of the three or so week old Sami/Samoa Joe two out of three fall match because I accidentally saw who won and lost motivation. Also no Roman Reigns. Did you know that Trump is thinking about Roman Reigns to be his VP?

mreddie

i'll probably watch that too, i mainly watch nxt takeovers while missing their weekly show. I'm still in the middle of the three or so week old Sami/Samoa Joe two out of three fall match because I accidentally saw who won and lost motivation. Also no Roman Reigns. Did you know that Trump is thinking about Roman Reigns to be his VP?

MAKE TRUMP LOOK STRONG

Calcium

Banned
I think I prefer Origins so far. Maybe Knight gets better later on.

I skipped Origins so I don't know how Knight compares, but I don't think it gets better the more you play. Arkham Knight was infuriatingly annoying for me at times, totally soured my opinion of the series.

I skipped Origins so I don't know how Knight compares, but I don't think it gets better the more you play. Arkham Knight was infuriatingly annoying for me at times, totally soured my opinion of the series.

It's not bad or anything, it's just....dull. It doesn't feel like Batman Simulator 2015 the way the others did. It doesn't help that I've been playing for four hours and the only supervillain I've seen is Poison Ivy. Origins might be divisive, but it had fantastic boss fights and plenty of them. Even standard fights were really challenging (but fair) because of the enemy variety. I might as well be playing Splinter Cell right now.

RO-MAN! REIGGGNS!
THE GUY WHO! WILL BUILD TRUMP'S WALL!

Calcium

Banned
It's not bad or anything, it's just....dull. It doesn't feel like Batman Simulator 2015 the way the others did. It doesn't help that I've been playing for four hours and the only supervillain I've seen is Poison Ivy. Origins might be divisive, but it had fantastic boss fights and plenty of them. Even standard fights were really challenging (but fair) because of the enemy variety. I might as well be playing Splinter Cell right now.

Nah, who wants to be Batman? Arkham Knight is all about the Batmobile. Whether or not that excites you will largely effect how much you enjoy the game.

PsychBat!

Banned
Ok and what do you recommend to get the full experience.

Hickmans avengers are on marvel unlimited but I gotta check the rest.

Also why is black panther pissed at namor

Full experience? Hmmmm

Hickman's Fantastic Four #570–588, #600–611
Hickman's FF #1-23
Hickman's Avengers #1-44
Hickman's New Avengers #1-33

For extra Hickman goodness:
Secret Warriors
Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol 1 #1-6, Vol 2 #1-4 (5 and 6 are not out yet)

Why BP is pissed at Namor: Avengers vs X-Men but I don't recommend reading the event so I'll just say that Namor flooded Wakanda.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gonna try to get in to the statue game.

I want this

my wallet is gonna fucking die

Not to be judgemental but allow me to be the grown up that I am and ask, arent you having problems with having to move out with your sister and whatnot? Maybe not the best time to be buying expensive comic book statues?

PsychBat!

Banned
Not to be judgemental but allow me to be the grown up that I am and ask, arent you having problems with having to move out with your sister and whatnot? Maybe not the best time to be buying expensive comic book statues?

both parents cooled down and we're safe... for now

TheFlow

Banned
Full experience? Hmmmm

Hickman's Fantastic Four #570–588, #600–611
Hickman's FF #1-23
Hickman's Avengers #1-44
Hickman's New Avengers #1-33

For extra Hickman goodness:
Secret Warriors
Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. Vol 1 #1-6, Vol 2 #1-4 (5 and 6 are not out yet)

Why BP is pissed at Namor: Avengers vs X-Men but I don't recommend reading the event so I'll just say that Namor flooded Wakanda.
Screenshotted this. Thanks a ton will start with F4

Nah, who wants to be Batman? Arkham Knight is all about the Batmobile. Whether or not that excites you will largely effect how much you enjoy the game.

I've driven shopping trolleys that control better than that thing. I got to the first "puzzle" that you need the car to do and it was just "Are you shitting me, Rocksteady?"

I'll probably finish it, I've beaten all the others. I ain't doing the Riddler trophies though, ain't nobody got time for that. I heard there's a special ending, well, that's why they invented YouTube.

Calcium

Banned
I've driven shopping trolleys that control better than that thing. I got to the first "puzzle" that you need the car to do and it was just "Are you shitting me, Rocksteady?".

Exactly my reaction. I put the game down and returned to it a week or two ago. You're in for a real treat, man.

Well it's a good thing I have a part time job taking people from point A to B... late at night.

...prostitution?

Beat me to the DC Nation playlist. The Robert Valley Wonder Woman is so good.
Doom Patrol is fun because it's straight adaptations of the first few issues of the original comic
Oh wow I didn't know there was a Doom Patrol one. I've gotta check that out.

I have to say I'm shocked at how much I love that team by the way. If you asked me about the Doom Patrol a couple of years ago I would have no clue who they even are. Now they're probably my favorite DC team.
Instead of watching BvS

-Read Punisher/Daredevil

REES5e1.png

Owzers

I've driven shopping trolleys that control better than that thing. I got to the first "puzzle" that you need the car to do and it was just "Are you shitting me, Rocksteady?"

I'll probably finish it, I've beaten all the others. I ain't doing the Riddler trophies though, ain't nobody got time for that. I heard there's a special ending, well, that's why they invented YouTube.

I was glad i rented Arkham Knight from gamefly instead of buying it, Batmobile made me think Rocksteady fell in love with an awful mechanic and were just so happy with it.

PsychBat!

Banned
Here's the reading order for Hickman's Avengers/New Avengers. They are separate books but they lead down the same road.
New Avengers #1-3
Avengers #1-4
New Avengers #4
Avengers #5
New Avengers #5-6
Avengers #6-13
New Avengers #7
Avengers #14-17
New Avengers #8
Infinity #1
Avengers #18
New Avengers #9
Infinity #2
Avengers #19
New Avengers #10
Infinity #3
Avengers #20
Infinity #4
Avengers #21
New Avengers #11
Infinity #5
Avengers #22-23
Infinity #6
New Avengers #12
Avengers #24
New Avengers #13-15
Avengers #25-28
New Avengers #16-17
Avengers #29-34
New Avengers #18-23
Avengers #35
New Avengers #24
Avengers #36
New Avengers #25
Avengers #37
New Avengers #26
Avengers #38
New Avengers #27
Avengers #39
New Avengers #28
Avengers #40
New Avengers #29
Avengers #41
New Avengers #30
Avengers #42
New Avengers #31-32
Avengers #43
New Avengers #33
Avengers #44
Secret Wars #1-8
...prostitution?
;)
Nah, I'm a Lyft driver in the South Bay area in Cali.

Top Bottom