• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2016. It's your job to be great.

Sou Da

Huh. Apparently DC is doing a Hanna Barbera universe with some type of overarching chrono trigger plot in which the Jetsons try to prevent a post Apocalypse that starts with Scooby Doo.

Huh. Apparently DC is doing a Hanna Barbera universe with some type of overarching chrono trigger plot in which the Jetsons try to prevent a post Apocalypse that starts with Scooby Doo.

Huh.

That's...

Well, it's either kind of brilliant or perfectly stupid. Not sure which.

Sou Da

Huh.

That's...

1458947967720.gif

1458948461280.jpg

They're also doing a more classic series with Future Quest.

1458965138723.jpg

Messi

Apparently all the redheads from Wilma to Daphne to Jane Jetson are descendants and the tech that lets Scooby communicate evolves into this for Muttley.

1458948190385.gif

I honestly have no idea of you are making this all up. But I am in. This needs to exist.

*checks the OT and counts 7 BvS related threads on the front page*
Great. This will be the next obsession for that board isn't it. I guess the monthly MoS threads might finally go away.

And finally a CMX sale that interests me. Picked up some more Descender comics on sale. Cool beans

*checks the OT and counts 7 BvS related threads on the front page*
Great. This will be the next obsession for that board isn't it. I guess the monthly MoS threads might finally go away.

And finally a CMX sale that interests me. Picked up some more Descender comics on sale. Cool beans

Hey I wonder what movie came out this week
oeatiA2.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What does the person with the batman avatar think of the new Batman movie?

What does the person with the batman avatar think of the new Batman movie?
Oh no real interest in seeing it in theater. Might check it out when it comes out on video later. I don't see many movies in the theater. From clips Affleck seems he could be a cool batman. I've checked some spoilers here and there and it's not really what I look for in my Take of batman but I don't get real worked up about it. I got plenty of movies and other media that works for me (like the best animated series of all time)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh no real interest in seeing it in theater. Might check it out when it comes out on video later. I don't see many movies in the theater. From clips Affleck seems he could be a cool batman. I've checked some spoilers here and there and it's not really what I look for in my Take of batman but I don't get real worked up about it. I got plenty of movies and other media that works for me

Well alrighty then

Anyway, in a Batman Superman mood, so I took advantage of that sale to grab the first volume of the Jeph Loeb Superman/Batman run. It's pretty good so far, though these infinitely complimentary thought bubbles that are in like every panel are a bit much.

A Deathstroke comic

In 2016.
Is that book still going? Fucking hell it was average.
All of this is on point.

For some reason, the book seems to be indestructible. DC should capitalize on that and make it actually good.

While I am indifferent to Roy, the concept of Red Hood is great and I want to see writers do a better job with him.

The few times he has been written for an extended period of time by anyone else have exposed some of the potential inherent with him.

Hell, even Lobdell himself has managed a few decent moments.
Hear hear
Goddamnit
what if its Death of Adam X

adamxtreme.jpg
Is he even alive now?
This is the event that Emma returns in along with Scott.

Maybe a X-Organisation will disband while Cyclops returns and another team is founded.
I will only accept Scott coming back if it's a Black Panther: Man Without Fear type of story. Street level, on his own, trying to redeem himself and figure his shit out on a personal level.

Then, and only then, will I accept him back into the universe. His character has been brutalized so much at this point that any other way wouldn't be believable. I can't do yet another X-book where everyone hates and disrespects a leader who can't get his shit together.

The Doom That Came To Gotham is amazing
Yes it is.
Eva the Timewalker.
Valiant/Marvel crossover.
Which DCAU movies would yall say are must watch? Watching Flashpoint Paradox and enjoying it right now

Batman Mask of the Phantasm
Batman Under the Red Hood
Batman/Superman Apocalypse

Superman vs. The Elite

Dark Knight Returns Pt1/2

Justice League New Frontier
Justice League Gods and Monsters

Wonder Woman

also watch the Green Arrow and Spectre shorts.
Also add in Crisis on Two Earths and Emerald Knights. I never saw WW and New Frontier, though.
No Mask of the Phantasm is king. The fact it's still not on blu ray is a travesty

It was a honor seeing that in the theater
MoP is good, but RotJ has the final battle between Terry and Joker, and it's just an amazing moment for Terry. I love that movie.

"Let's dance, bozo."
Gonna try to get in to the statue game.

I want this

my wallet is gonna fucking die
Fuuuuuuuuck
It's not bad or anything, it's just....dull. It doesn't feel like Batman Simulator 2015 the way the others did. It doesn't help that I've been playing for four hours and the only supervillain I've seen is Poison Ivy. Origins might be divisive, but it had fantastic boss fights and plenty of them. Even standard fights were really challenging (but fair) because of the enemy variety. I might as well be playing Splinter Cell right now.
Nah I think Origins is fuckloads better. AK is the worst of the series, though it does have the Arkham Episodes and the DLC Most Wanted missions (and even some of the main ones) going for it.
I was glad i rented Arkham Knight from gamefly instead of buying it, Batmobile made me think Rocksteady fell in love with an awful mechanic and were just so happy with it.
It's a delightfully awesome mechanic, but they got far too carried away. I remember when it was said that the Riddler challenges were going be strictly the race tracks, and then they threw in all those goddamned trophies again. Had the Riddler missions just been the whole
"Free Selina" story
and that was IT, it would have been perfect. But nah, Rocksteady just loved themselves too much.
Huh.

That's...

I share this sentiment greatly.

Whenever someone says Marvel films are generic and that BvS is "different" but says nothing else...

http://orig10.deviantart.net/ee82/f/2011/094/3/1/melina_vs__alicia_fox___really_by_torukun1-d3d9apg.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

it's incredibly different. the most out there superhero movie since ang lee hulk. this is dealing with themes and twisting the characters in a way you'll never see in a mcu movie or other future dc movies i imagine.

i don't think it's very good though, aside from the stellar 20 minutes and an excellent on-screen bruce/alfred, but man this is such a [i]weird[/i] movie. bad pacing and stupid decisions from snyder (including directing THAT lex luthor performance, yikes. eisenberg is awful) really hurt it.

basically it's a movie i think i should like, but snyder is holding me back. but i actually appreciate it. i thought it would be a lot simpler and dumber than what i got.

anyways does anybody know if grayson continues after rebirth or is he nightwing then? and when's black panther #1 coming.

Messi

it's incredibly different. the most out there superhero movie since ang lee hulk. this is dealing with themes and twisting the characters in a way you'll never see in a mcu movie or other future dc movies i imagine.

i don't think it's very good though, aside from the stellar 20 minutes and an excellent on-screen bruce/alfred, but man this is such a weird movie. bad pacing and stupid decisions from snyder (including directing THAT lex luthor performance, yikes. eisenberg is awful) really hurt it.

basically it's a movie i think i should like, but snyder is holding me back. but i actually appreciate it. i thought it would be a lot simpler and dumber than what i got.

anyways does anybody know if grayson continues after rebirth or is he nightwing then? and when's black panther #1 coming.

Nightwing is back and in his own book sadly.

Black panther is the 6th of next month.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hate how DC suddenly changed the sidecover of Batman with the 7th Volume. You are about to make a Relaunch in one Volume. How about you wait for that and dont do this out of sudden?

Really annoying.

But anyway, yay, Endgame! Cant wait to get in the garden and read through it.

I hate how DC suddenly changed the sidecover of Batman with the 7th Volume. You are about to make a Relaunch in one Volume. How about you wait for that and dont do this out of sudden?

Really annoying.

Yeah, I was moaning about this last month. Stupid decision.

Messi

Really annoying.

They did it to all of their books. It is infuriating even if all the new spines look better.

shingi70

Banned
Can't understand people not liking Essinberg as Lex Luthor. He was meant to invoke something closer to the Hyper Intelligent Mad Scientist Lex Luthor. It's why all of the marketing material point to his father being similar to the boring business man lex we see in everything else.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Can't understand people not liking Essinberg as Lex Luthor. He was meant to invoke something closer to the Hyper Intelligent Mad Scientist Lex Luthor. It's why all of the marketing material point to his father being similar to the boring business man lex we see in everything else.
Because nobody wanted Joker Lex Luthor. They went to far and got the best live action Joker in the end.

Top Bottom